One of the best Atmospheres ive ever experienced at a game, Full House at St James Park with 6k Chelsea packed into the away end.

I went with the Oxford supporters club Branch, fantastic day out until we stopped in Ripon for a beer on the way home, when we returned to our Coach all of the windows from halfway to the back had been taken out, Freezing on the way home.

Could never take away the smile from Speedie's equiliser to earn a valuable point on our way to becoming Champions, Great Days, our support was magnificent back then.

Edited by Osgoodwasgood

37 minutes ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

One of the best Atmospheres ive ever experienced at a game, Full House at St James Park with 6k Chelsea packed into the away end.

I went with the Oxford supporters club Branch, fantastic day out until we stopped in Ripon for a beer on the way home, when we returned to our Coach all of the windows from halfway to the back had been taken out, Freezing on the way home.

Could never take away the smile from Speedie's equiliser to earn a valuable point on our way to becoming Champions, Great Days, our support was magnificent back then.

I will add to this one when chelsea played at Grimsby town promotion winning game as Champions 0-1 . When i got back to donny i stayed down by the market place for a drink and never went up top end of town where by all accounts from the donnywhites who was falling over them sens to tell us that they had just smashed up a coach full of chelsea who had stopped off in donny enroute back to the Home counties .There. Must be no  end of coach of chelsea fans stopping off enroute in whatever town ,village ,pub and things got nasty .

is that not where the chant ‘ we all follow chelsea over land and and sea and LEICESTER came from ,because chelsea fans would stop off in the Leicester area years and years back after games and enroute back Home ? 

mobs that have stopped off in donny enroute back Home on any given saturday  Looking to Get dirty hands have been ,Spurs ,Forest,pboro,hull sheff weds ,preston ,Cardiff,huddersfield ,ipswich ( i think ),Sunderland  from my memory .

iam really supprised that Grimsby never made a point of stopping off in donny to say hello when enroute many times .

Think chelsea was the only mob that ever went to newcastle and went into the strawberry pub ( a epic centre for all things nasty on matchdays ) in newcastle . 

1 hour ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

Ah the Strawberry, now there's a place, Im not sure there's many places the Chelsea boys hav'nt frequented over the years, like i said back in the day they had an amazing following"Over land and Sea"

I was speaking to a chelsea lad who was from newcastle the other week ,and he pointed out that chelsea was the only set of lads to cause havoc at the strawberry pub .Think i recall News reports on the incident and some newcastle got glassed or stabbed but i could be wrong 

The memories I have of that game are many. My first away game out of London apart from Luton, the walk from some poxy station over a motorway bridge built by Mickey Mouse. Being herded through the town, gawped at like we were from outer space and the obligatory pint glasses lobbed at us. Being in the ground was great, mental atmosphere, one of the best. Going nuts when Speedie scored.

Freezing cold on the way home after the windows on the train were bricked.

I’d love do it all over again.

Zinc great memories ,your right about that walk, every pub had locals gurning at us as we went to the ground .Remember being behind the goal and im sure the terrace wasnt that deep as such and there were a couple of pens that CFC were in ....ive seen footage of Speedies goal ,on this Vintage thread i guess and our end looked great

4 hours ago, zinc alloy said:

The memories I have of that game are many. My first away game out of London apart from Luton, the walk from some poxy station over a motorway bridge built by Mickey Mouse. Being herded through the town, gawped at like we were from outer space and the obligatory pint glasses lobbed at us. Being in the ground was great, mental atmosphere, one of the best. Going nuts when Speedie scored.

Freezing cold on the way home after the windows on the train were bricked.

I’d love do it all over again.

The specials used to go to a disused station called Manors. 
The bridge over the motorway used to sway when too many people were on it walking at the same stride pattern. Funny to feel concrete moving under your feet!!

• 2 weeks later...