Jump to content

Chelsea v Southampton (PL) Sat 17th Oct 2020 15:00 GMT


Recommended Posts


You are asking for trouble when 95% of your clearances lands at the feet of Southampton players. We barely made it over midfield in the first 15 minutes of the second half. That is because our defence and midfield movement was sh*t and passing was predictable and slow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute shambles of a defence yet again, when will Frank realise that we need a consistent back four who start to get used to playing togethor week in week out. My patience is really running thin with Frank, the players can only take so much of the blame. Plus I honestly don't see any improvement in our style of play since lampard came in. The worrying thing is we get united away next 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We still have some major issues in the team. The midfield is too lightweight. Any combo of Jorginho, Kante or Kovacic does not protect the back 4 enough. That's why we completely collapse whenever we come under pressure. To make matters worse, the defense and keepers are also also sh*t. Tough season ahead

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Zouma is only unstable when he's with Christensen and even then he makes more headers and tackles and what not. Zouma actually proved to be a good defender, Christensen doesn't defend he only hides.

Zouma may not be as lightweight as Christensen and he looks great when he makes last ditch tackles and wins headers BUT he makes more mistakes than Christensen. He's always an accident waiting to happen. 

Going forward, I hope Tomori can learn from Silva and partner him. Also hopeful that Kepa won't play another game for us as Mendy plays today and we get the 3 points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

CHRISTENSEN IS A BITCH PLAIN AND SIMPLE. No disrespect to Bitches

When he doesn't play we look better in defense as a whole unit. When he plays here we go a few individual errors and misplaced players all over the place. He is the last weak link that needs to be replaced, we got Chilwell now so he's the only one left to be replaced, it's that simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible result and The defense was mostly to blame for it, again, and it's a chore watching us because of them. We'll struggle to get top 4 even with the attacking players because of them.

Kepa shouldn't start another game, he's done now, he was hopeless for two of their goals, and I think people are dreaming if they think Thiago Silva will improve Zouma or Christensen. People keep going on about Desailly's influence on Terry and they think a similar situation will happen again, but it's just wishful thinking. Desailly helped Terry, but Terry was already quality before he turned 20 and was pretty much certain to go on and have a great career, Christensen and Zouma aren't quality and never really have been. Having a good few games here and there isn't quality, they aren't difference makers and you can count on one of them making a big mistake every game. They are mid table defenders at best and they will always cost us goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right iam going to slag Frank off for sole reason of sticking with kepa ,i saw first half and last 5 mins of second half and for sure kepa played a part in wallcots 3-3 last min goal hence to say kepa helped assist Southampton with one point and chelsea dropping 2 points .

fcuk me i just seen Southamptons 2nd goal on bein sports and kepa makes a pigs ear of that along with Zouma .

FFS Frank fcuk kepa off please 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this was extremely poor game management.. we were far too open .. too much space between our midfield and defence .. bad selection.. should have bought on a CB given How Southampton rely on setpieces .. whole the GK and CBS are piss poor .. Lamps and team are not able to improve them.. so they are to blame too..no solutions are coming from them.. let’s fix the defence first and then we attack.. this is a sh*tshow..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nibs said:

Zouma may not be as lightweight as Christensen and he looks great when he makes last ditch tackles and wins headers BUT he makes more mistakes than Christensen. He's always an accident waiting to happen. 

Going forward, I hope Tomori can learn from Silva and partner him. Also hopeful that Kepa won't play another game for us as Mendy plays today and we get the 3 points. 

I like Zouma he can defend and he can score headers and he actually gets into his duties as a defender, Christensen is never seen because that's how little impact he has, he has been hiding behind JT's back his whole career and he has never stepped up as a new clear CB starter. People that come in and have weeks to settle in play better than Christensen that has been our "young talent" for years...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

Right iam going to slag Frank off for sole reason of sticking with kepa ,i saw first half and last 5 mins of second half and for sure kepa played a part in wallcots 3-3 last min goal hence to say kepa helped assist Southampton with one point and chelsea dropping 2 points .

fcuk me i just seen Southamptons 2nd goal on bein sports and kepa makes a pigs ear of that along with Zouma .

FFS Frank fcuk kepa off please 

Vestergaard scored the 3-3 by deflecting Walcots shot so I don't know how much Kepa can really be blamed for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Terrible result and The defense was mostly to blame for it, again, and it's a chore watching us because of them. We'll struggle to get top 4 even with the attacking players because of them.

Kepa shouldn't start another game, he's done now, he was hopeless for two of their goals, and I think people are dreaming if they think Thiago Silva will improve Zouma or Christensen. People keep going on about Desailly's influence on Terry and they think a similar situation will happen again, but it's just wishful thinking. Desailly helped Terry, but Terry was already quality before he turned 20 and was pretty much certain to go on and have a great career, Christensen and Zouma aren't quality and never really have been. Having a good few games here and there isn't quality, they aren't difference makers and you can count on one of them making a big mistake every game. They are mid table defenders at best and they will always cost us goals.

Zouma is our best defender he was immense beside terry and looked brilliant last week with Silva he has all the physical attributes he just needs to be next to a leader. Silva and Zouma works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!