Chelsea v Southampton (PL) Sat 17th Oct 2020 15:00 GMT

Only different member in back seven from our sh*te defence of last season today was Chilwell. Buck always stops with the manager but can you polish a turd? A lot of the players just aren’t good/consistent enough.  
the board went with spending a fortune on attacking players when everyone knew it was at the back chelsea needed money spent.

why is anyone surprised we are scoring and conceding goals for fun? Our transfer policy made these high scoring games an inevitability 

2 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Only different member in back seven from our sh*te defence of last season today was Chilwell. Buck always stops with the manager but can you polish a turd? A lot of the players just aren’t good/consistent enough.  
the board went with spending a fortune on attacking players when everyone knew it was at the back chelsea needed money spent.

why is anyone surprised we are scoring and conceding goals for fun? Our transfer policy made these high scoring games an inevitability 

The defenders were not full of these errors under previous managers. The buck stops with him and the coaching staff. 

You can either blame a group of 6 or 7 International players who have played at the highest level or question what the hell goes on on training and match preparation. 

On 13/10/2020 at 14:10, saintquin said:

Not expecting anything. Unless you help us out like you did with West Brom!

Think we've done ok in our last 2 but they were against teams at the bottom.

We've made it too easy for teams to score against us and not scoring as many as I thought we would be.

We've a couple or three new players to come in at some time so whether that will make any difference only time will tell.

Then again I say the same thing about us playing all the "big clubs" and we know , like last seasons match, anything can happen on the day.

Didn't watch the game but from what I've read you did help us. Mind I've also read we gave you a little hand.

Like I said anything can happen on the day.

3 hours ago, BewareoftheDrog said:

Nice start from the Chelsea. Liking Chilwell. And Saints have got a decent away kit as well

May be biased but I think our away kit is the best in the league this season.

2 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

The defenders were not full of these errors under previous managers. The buck stops with him and the coaching staff. 

You can either blame a group of 6 or 7 International players who have played at the highest level or question what the hell goes on on training and match preparation. 

Thank you! An experienced manager would be able to form a partnership out of them. The problem with Lamps is he isn’t adapting to his options, he is expecting his options to adapt to his style of play. 
It has been pointed out several times since last season that he wants his defence to always pass it out, a times that is just attracting unnecessary pressure when they are better off just going long. There is always this weird obsession with going back and building again when in the opposition box with no option, sometimes all the way back to our goalie. It is madness!

1 hour ago, Speedie said:

I just feel it's a little like, you have your good mate over on a regular basis, to do some jobs around your gaff. The odd time, you come back home, and he has done a pretty good job, your faith in him is unquestionable. But more often than not, you get home, and he has f**ked up yet again. You both blame the tools, because he is your mate and you have seen that he can do a half decent job, maybe 25% of the time. There is that nagging feeling at the back of your head, that he is actually in charge of the tools, because he's your mate, you try to keep it at the back of your head. And even though it's the same mistake each time, sometimes when he has changed the tools, you want/hope that the next time, it will all be good, because he is your mate. 

Post of the day for me and one I can totally relate to. Thanks for cheering me up.

Maybe my vision and now mindset is blinkered and tunnel vision but i cant help myself looking at kepa and his performance today > he did a great save but thats his job and my guess many keepers in the prem would have pulled the same save off > but then i look at goals 2 and 3 for Southampton and i think most keepers in the prem would have done far better in those exact same situations > which gives you a score line of 3- 1 or 3-2 ,but most important 3 PTS to CFC . 

i have asked this question many times before but why does Frank keep on having kepa on the bench or as starting keeper > chaps on here have said that Frank is getting pressure from above to select kepa due to effecting his resale Vaule if not Even on the bench .

fact kepa is sshhittee > so why have him on the bench Frank ? If mendy has to come off and kepa goes on its a accident or CAR crash waiting to happen > but if Willy has to replace mendy all is not lost is it .

i think iam still holding a grudge with kepa with his action during that man city v cfc League cup final when he was asked to be subbed off ,but that still dont hide the FACT that kepa is just not upto the job today for whatever reason (s) . 

i be first to put my hands up if kepa sorts his act out and becomes a gordan banks , peter shilton ,Pete bonetti ,peter chech ,Steve francis ,Eddie Whats yer name type of keeper > but i feal kepa has not got it in his locker ,mindset to turn himself round .

we have a CL game midweek > for crying out loud Frank dont Even have kepa on the bench ,maybe that shock will wake kepa up 

37 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Please explain to me how the manager has anything to do with simple errors like this......

Yes hes under pressure, but any decent keeper hits the ball row z and that's the job done, Kepa doesn't even make contact, it's simply awful.

Capture.PNG

6 minutes ago, coco said:

Please explain to me how the manager has anything to do with simple errors like this......

Yes hes under pressure, but any decent keeper hits the ball row z and that's the job done, Kepa doesn't even make contact, it's simply awful.

Capture.PNG

Just looking at that photo kepas positioning and body shape looks so wrong and way out expectations its very worrying > iam not a goalkeeping coach or a goal keeper but every footballing fealing in my mind/ body is telling that that is shocking play Even from a pub team keeper .

iam going to have to watch MOTD and listen to what they say about it incase iam been far too judgemental on kepa 

13 minutes ago, coco said:

Capture.PNG

Its Franks fault in my book because Frank selected kepa to start the game ,after we take into the numerous basic mistakes kepa has been committing since Crystal Palace away towards end of last season . Iam trying my hardest to understand why Frank keeps on having kepa in the squad never mind starting a game he cant be trusted to come off the bench 

5 minutes ago, coco said:

Capture.PNG

I haven't seen the whole clip just this still, but from that alone I have to question our defensive positioning. There are 2 unmarked Southampton players in the box, neither being played offside and 2 of our players yards behind  without a hope in hell of getting near them.

I really want Frank to succeed here but unless he brings in a coach capable of drilling defensive tactics into this side soon I fear for his future.

2 hours ago, Deino said:

This is Kepa's last straw for me. Kepa dallies on the ball to start play, lacks any kind of "balls" to claim loose balls, doesn't strike fear into the opposing team at all, always slow to react, dives like a little girl (zero explosiveness, zero arm strength) and is sh*t with the ball at his feet. Just bin him already. The issue is he is 10cms short to play the big man GK role but doesn't even try to adapt to becoming a la Casillas or prime De Gea.

This. I think also his faults transmit to the rest of the team, especially the defence. With performances like this top 4 will be a struggle, just like last year when we only made it due to other teams f**king up big time

Edited by Kev56

3 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

Just looking at that photo kepas positioning and body shape looks so wrong and way out expectations its very worrying > iam not a goalkeeping coach or a goal keeper but every footballing fealing in my mind/ body is telling that that is shocking play Even from a pub team keeper .

iam going to have to watch MOTD and listen to what they say about it incase iam been far too judgemental on kepa 

You're not, it's that bad. Maybe not quite has bad as Maguire's sunday league defending for United the other day, but it was really bad.

He looked to me like he was originally going to slide and grab the ball, but he's worried that it was going to be a pass back so changes his mind and goes to clear it with his feet and totally misses it. 

53 minutes ago, saintquin said:

Didn't watch the game but from what I've read you did help us. Mind I've also read we gave you a little hand.

Like I said anything can happen on the day.

May be biased but I think our away kit is the best in the league this season.

Whilst our mistakes definitely aided the Saints. Credit has to be given to your team for initially hanging in a game they were getting well beat. Your team finished the stronger, looked the fitter and probably deserved a point for their second half showing. Your board deserves credit for keeping hold of the manager after the 0-9 defeat many would have sacked him on the spot, they are no reaping the dividends with a strong settled side.

6 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

Blimey mr B, your not thinking that the woolie cardigan wearing, PC brigade that is the BBC are gonna have an opinion that might be in anyway be honest and truthful if it’s even remotely likely gonna be nasty towards the “victim” !!!! Doubt they would risk their easy money salary’s and walkers crisps ?

City : Pep

Liverpool: Jorgen

Arsenal:Mikel

Tottenham:Jose

Everton: Carlo

look like better team on the pitch : organisation & resilience.

looks like we are even out of the top 5 , it is going to be a race between Frank & Ole

Edited by ZouMan
5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

You're not, it's that bad. Maybe not quite has bad as Maguire's sunday league defending for United the other day, but it was really bad.

He looked to me like he was originally going to slide and grab the ball, but he's worried that it was going to be a pass back so changes his mind and goes to clear it with his feet and totally misses it. 

In near enough very last min of fergie time been played  kepa found himself on his knees in Middle of no mans land and i was climbing up my front room wall screaming like a idiot at him When Southampton had the ball in our area .

i will allways come back to this question of why does Frank select kepa 

4 minutes ago, ZouMan said:

City : Pep

Liverpool: Jorgen

Arsenal:Michael

Tottenham:Jose

Everton: Carlo

look like better team on the pitch : organisation & resilience.

looks like we are even out of the top 5 , it is going to be a race between Frank & Ole

Michael ??? are you taking the Michael or what ? 

3 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Blimey mr B, your not thinking that the woolie cardigan wearing, PC brigade that is the BBC are gonna have an opinion that might be in anyway be honest and truthful if it’s even remotely likely gonna be nasty towards the “victim” !!!! Doubt they would risk their easy money salary’s and walkers crisps ?

Good point iam on bein sports today and have been for all four games played in the prem today > this is my first time with bein sports and Even thou that Richard keys looks like a bamboons behind him and andy Gray are a different gravy to sky sports and bt sports productions pre match during the match and post match . Hence to say bein sports is the way forward for me .

that lineaker is a pregnant goldfish for sure outside of football