Chelsea v Southampton (PL) Sat 17th Oct 2020 15:00 GMT

12 hours ago, The Chelsea Way said:

Kepa is seriously being let off with no supporters attending. I’ve never been one to boo our own but suspect boos would have been heard all around the bridge after this performance. 

Fear a repeat of last season (Sheff Utd we threw away a 2-0 lead at this stage) with the exception we’re capable of scoring and that I can’t decide if credit to management or the club for the quality brought in. 

Kepa can not play, simple as. That’s got to be rule number one. Appreciate he’s a seventy million pound problem for the club and not just the team. He’s a weak link. This is not a surprise. We knew this before the game and yet again we’re saying it. 

Franks worked under some of the best managers in the world and yet something is not clicking. Repetitive errors etc etc. Whatever happened to the Bridge being a fortress. 

Seriously hacked off with yet another headless defensive display. However, Chelsea being Chelsea we will probably beat United. 

I would be seriously ashamed if our so called supporters resorted to booing our team.

honestly being a Chelsea fan isn't martydom. For nearly 20 years we have won trophies and titles, we have seen some of the best players in the world , and we have an owner who pours millions into the club.

a sense of reality after 5 games is called for,  we play some beautiful football at times, but it could be a lot worse , w eve had loads of injuries, and brought in a keeper left back and central defender to try and sort out problems, 2 of which couldn't play yesterday.

As for booing, I've seen some rubbish in my time but never booed the team i support.

win or lose up the Blues !

Showed my wife the clip of our second goal. 

When she stopped giggling, she said it was nice of them to let Adams and not just put it in the goal themselves.

After watching MOTD last night I think all 6 goals could have avoided.

1 minute ago, saintquin said:

Showed my wife the clip of our second goal. 

When she stopped giggling, she said it was nice of them to let Adams and not just put it in the goal themselves.

After watching MOTD last night I think all 6 goals could have avoided.

???

If you add in the first two at WBA (Alonso and Silva), plus the sh!te defending for the third (Alonso/ James), and the second against Liverpool (Kepa), you can see how we have literally been giving goals away for fun so far this season.

Mind you, have you seen what the free kick was awarded for that led to their third goal yesterday? Bertrand ran into James and fell over. There was no foul.

2 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

I would be seriously ashamed if our so called supporters resorted to booing our team.

honestly being a Chelsea fan isn't martydom. For nearly 20 years we have won trophies and titles, we have seen some of the best players in the world , and we have an owner who pours millions into the club.

a sense of reality after 5 games is called for,  we play some beautiful football at times, but it could be a lot worse , w eve had loads of injuries, and brought in a keeper left back and central defender to try and sort out problems, 2 of which couldn't play yesterday.

As for booing, I've seen some rubbish in my time but never booed the team i support.

win or lose up the Blues !

I could not bring me sen to boo any cfc player during a game and like most i have watched some poo over the years especially back in division 2 ,but Mr.kepa has me screaming blue murder since Crystal Palace away towards end of last season due to continous basic goal keeping errors . 

i find that iam more pissed off with Frank since Frank seems to keep faith with kepa ,so kepa must be doing Something correct on the training pitch i hope is the case 

16 hours ago, haviet1 said:

As many already stated, these are International players for God sake. Are they that terrible that they keep making the same errors games after games? 

At some point, you have to stop pointing the fingers at the players, the sooner the better.

Err....I think not enough people have been questioning the quality of the players and just blaming it all on Lampard. There is a reason we haven’t challenged for a title for three years and that was before Lampard arrived. Too many players aren’t good enough. We started improving things over the last window, albeit the main focus was on the attack. 
Lampard has to take responsibility for the goals against record since he took over but then he is trying to play a more attacking style than under sarri and Conte.  
a new manager might improve chelsea defensively (by playing more conservatively) but he won’t win a title with the current back line either 

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

???

If you add in the first two at WBA (Alonso and Silva), plus the sh!te defending for the third (Alonso/ James), and the second against Liverpool (Kepa), you can see how we have literally been giving goals away for fun so far this season.

Mind you, have you seen what the free kick was awarded for that led to their third goal yesterday? Bertrand ran into James and fell over. There was no foul.

Meant to write could have been avoided.

I don't think it was a foul. Free kicks are awarded in every game that I watch and am puzzled as to why they are giving.

Your second goal on another day may have been disallowed for handball, not saying it was but could have been giving.

Nope still dont feel any better about this after a nights sleep.

2 long weeks of international wilderness. A long day in itself to get home and watch this recording.

Boy did I enjoy our football most of that first half. Beautiful. Saints could not cope with our brilliant passing and attacking link up.

So much promise. The defensive even seemed to be holding ok with no Silva and Kepa in goal. 

And then it changed.

Second half was awful viewing. Giving the incitive to them like we did West Brom in the first half there. Comical defending, which has long gone past being funny for me. Frankly I am long sick of it, as I am sure many of you are.

No good enough.

On 18/10/2020 at 09:26, ddrblue said:

What part of the comment upsets you fella dirty Leeds or gang rape > i will go in with all my poker chips with the later > sorry if it caused you and others offence but its quite obvious that we are from different backrounds we are a country mile apart . Iam not going to say sorry for pointing out that Franks tatics will Get gang raped by the Leeds managers approach to games since it is quite a possible outcome .

you take onboard whatever way you feal you want to understand the term in question thats your right and your not wrong in doing so > but i will never walk over broken glass or hot coals when i speak my mind for nobody . 

Thanks for your input and showing your fealings but alot Worse things happen at SEA fella .

Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't get more abuse for that comment mate. Not a term that particularly offends me personally but I can totally see why it would cause upset (I think upset is under doing it slightly but I haven't got a great vocabulary) I agree to a point that people are offended far too easily these days and they need to toughen up. Me and my Mrs are always having a row over my use of the word c**t. And I'm not going to stop saying it because it's just a sound coming out of my mouth, no different to any other curse word that doesn't bother her. Having said that flippantly using the term gang rape is not cool mate. We all know someone who has been raped and it must be a horrific thing to go through. For the people who have been raped or gang raped they must feel like whenever people use it in a sentence like that that people are trying to normalise it. Meaning they are over reacting by being permanently scarred by it.

Everyone wants freedom of speech and I'm all for that but sometimes in life it's necessary to tone it down a bit and have just a little bit of consideration for people that are actually going through some real sh*t.

Only my opinion obviously everyone is welcome to tell me to shut the f**k up but I feel throwing out terms like gang rape is crossing a line.

23 hours ago, WeatherMan said:

No worries, so was I and I apologise for my tetchy comment 👍

This convo should have its own thread under the heading 'being a man' got pissed like a man, ranted like a man then was man enough to apologise for any potential wrong doing. Kudos to you two too many keyboard warriors online these days but you two handled your disagreement like proper gents 👍