Did I miss this already or is it a dream/nightmare?

2 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I haven't seen this posted yet - did I miss it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54423086

It was a story within threads. 

Young people break rules by having party has got a bit old and boring now.

Good news is that it means they won't be playing in the meaningless game against wales. 

Edited by bisright1
2 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Young people break rules by having party has got a bit old and boring now. (Until they kill their granny!)

Good news is that it means they won't be playing in the meaningless game against wales. 

OK, I missed that between threads then.

6 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Young people break rules by having party has got a bit old and boring now.

It's not even just young people though, even Corbyn broke it just last week. 

16 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

OK, I missed that between threads then.

If I heard they visited their granny after a party I'd think they were more reckless. But more likely they had a party and then planned to enter a bubble with the england football team after taking a covid test. 

I personally self isolate for 10 days before visiting my granny. I don't understand why so many people think visiting their granny is commonplace. Having a party in a group of ten 20-30 year olds won't kill anyone. Visiting your gran could. To me bringing up granny's in this situation is like saying "ah yeah they smoked indoors, that's terrible because it means they might then stick their cig out in someone's eye"

Anyway don't think for a second these are the exception and that most footballers are all following the rules. They are just the ones that got caught. That's why it's not a big deal.

Edited by bisright1

13 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Is there any negative story in relation to a colored footballer that gets pass the Sun

Ben Chilwell is colored? 

This is f**k all to do with color, its not really to do with footballers either, it's to do with some idiots doing idiotic things. 

Edited by dkw
27 minutes ago, dkw said:

Ben Chilwell is colored? 

This is f**k all to do with color, its not really to do with footballers either, it's to do with some idiots doing idiotic things. 

Just a tongue in cheek comment regarding the Sun's history in relation to reporting on Colored footballers.

The part stating Sun reported it first just made me chuckle considering the party was held at Tammy's apartment

Clearly an idiotic act on the part of the individuals involved in the organization of such an event.

6 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

Is there any negative story in relation to a colored footballer that gets pass the Sun

?? You think this is a race thing? Ben Chilwell? Seriously. Hey perhaps it was just about another group of entitled self absorbed kids thinking that the fking rules don't apply to them cos so many people pander to them.

Black people commit crimes just the same as white people. Maybe not every piece of reporting is part of some underlying racist plot.

11 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

?? You think this is a race thing? Ben Chilwell? Seriously. Hey perhaps it was just about another group of entitled self absorbed kids thinking that the fking rules don't apply to them cos so many people pander to them.

Black people commit crimes just the same as white people. Maybe not every piece of reporting is part of some underlying racist plot.

Like I've stated above not a race thing but a Sun thing, as they were the first ones to report it. 

They never seem to be too far away every time there is a colored footballer on the wrong side of a story. 

10 hours ago, brownindian said:

+Gets To Party

+ Avoids fatigue/injury risk

+ More time to train 

Why are people complaining ?  What Am I missing ? 

Sure, it’s great that they’re not playing but come on it was a daft thing to do. Especially with many footballers testing positive nowadays.

Of course they are sh*tting on two Chelsea players and one of the few players playing outside of PL. I'm 100% sure they would have reacted the same way with Kane, Rashford or Maguire, yeah, sure... 

42 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Sure, it’s great that they’re not playing but come on it was a daft thing to do. Especially with many footballers testing positive nowadays.

Daft yes. I think what is really daft is that at no point did anyone say "if you are going to be here can you not f**king film it"

On 06/10/2020 at 16:28, Deino said:

I'm actually relieved that Chilwell and Tammy won't risk injuries playing in what is already a draconian footballing schedule.

That said, it was dumb for all parties involved

To be honest, don't think Tammy would have got too much of a look-in anyway. 

Kane will always be first choice and now Calvert-Lewin looks to be first back-up and Southgate will want to get a good look at him. He has started the season on fire and right now does look a better all round striker than Tammy.