International friendly breaks?

Has anyone got any idea why we are playing these pointless Friendly internationals ?

With all the sh*t going on why?

No fans, does it make any money, and just another risk for players to get needlessly injured.

Totally disrupts the domestic fixtures where clubs are already trying to squeeze games in to the tight schedule.

To me a complete waste of f**king time.

Unless i'm missing something.

• Mod Stark changed the title to International friendly breaks?

International breaks are a pain at the best of times (they usually come around just as we're building some momentum), but with the covid situation it's beyond f**king stupid that international friendlies are happening. Competitive matches (play offs for the euros espcially) I can sort of understand wanting to get them done. Saying that, if they had just had normal qualifying groups instead of the ridiculousy complicated and stupid nations league then all the qualifiers would have been done and dusted long before covid hit.

I think more clubs should have followed RB Salzburg's lead and refused international call ups for their players.

If you want the Euro's and world cup's then you have to put up with the mundane stuff leading to it i'm afraid. I do hate the in season breaks though, it's not so much one weekend without PL action but two midweeks stripped of the club calendar is beyond annoying.

My preference would be an August to April club season and use May for qualification games, that should work out well aswell as gives nation teams more uninterrupted time together and time to build cohesion.

We're entering mid October and players have played more times for their international side than they have league fixtures. 

Tells you everything you need to know about how needless and distruptive these international fixtures have been. 

Common sense says they should have scrapped the mid season breaks, ended the seasons as early as possible and had an extended window after that for international friendlies leading into the Euro 2021 finals. 

7 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

We're entering mid October and players have played more times for their international side than they have league fixtures. 

Tells you everything you need to know about how needless and distruptive these international fixtures have been. 

Common sense says they should have scrapped the mid season breaks, ended the seasons as early as possible and had an extended window after that for international friendlies leading into the Euro 2021 finals. 

Common sense and Footballing organizations don't exactly go hand in hand

I hate International breaks. Its like time stands still.

As a kid I loved the world cup but I don't give a monkey's now. Maybe we should do away with internationals and just have a world club championship in the summer. IE All the champions go to wherever and play a tournament.

6 hours ago, Andy North said:

Money!

There are TV, sponsorship and advertising deals in place. If the games aren't played the FA will lose money. 

I’m sure that there will be a plethora of c**ts making money easy money from it meaning they’ll never go away. 

I couldn’t give a flying f**k about international football outside of the main competitions (so I can just about stomach the qualifying matches). Friendlies can f**k off. 

3 hours ago, Andy North said:

I hate International breaks. Its like time stands still.

Weirdly i'm finding it easier this time. After lockdown and no definitive date on when i could next watch Chelsea again just knowing when the next game is feels like a blessing, i think even a long summer will be more managable now.

I’m Not interested in international football at the best of times, and didn’t even know England were even playing, just heard they won 3-0, back in the days 70s and 80’s even an England friendly was a big thing, and you’d stay up late as a kid to watch the highlights on Sportsnight

They keep interchanging between thigh and hip in the article for some reason. Let's hope this is just precautionary!

23 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

I've only seen this morning that many of the international teams are playing 3 games during this break?! 

That's ridiculous. 

Honestly, how did they think cramming in three games during an already packed shedule was a good idea?

I'm not a big fan of international football at the best of times. End of the day clubs pay huge transfer fees for players and pay their huge wages. International sides then get carte blanche of call ups and playing times over a club's most valuable assets. 

We've had 4 rounds of fixtures in the Premier League this season... Now you've got players having made up to 5 international appearances in mid October? 

Lunacy. 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I've only seen this morning that many of the international teams are playing 3 games during this break?! 

That's ridiculous. 

Honestly, how did they think cramming in three games during an already packed shedule was a good idea?

I'm not a big fan of international football at the best of times. End of the day clubs pay huge transfer fees for players and pay their huge wages. International sides then get carte blanche of call ups and playing times over a club's most valuable assets. 

We've had 4 rounds of fixtures in the Premier League this season... Now you've got players having made up to 5 international appearances in mid October? 

Lunacy. 

Absofukinlutely