Cuthbert much better in the second a very neat goal with minimal back-lift and after being out-muscled again ran back and put in a great defensive challenge.

Punidts though City would win in ET as Hayes had gone more defensive with the subs and they did go for it with Bronze, Weir and Hemp performing well.

Andersson coming on late made us stronger. 

Liked Sam Kerr running down the clock at the end after Lucy Bronce had 'won' a few decisions. 

What a result and what a team we have!

They have the winning mentality that the men could do with.

Sam Kerr does it again, she delivers when it matters despite spending a chunk of the season travelling to the other side of the world.

Double double Champions!!

Just got home and watching the match on TV from the 70th min mark (now at 115). It wasn't the best game I've seen from the ladies and City put lots of pressure, but this side seems like the total opposite from the men's and can finish the job with few chances. Just hope Boehly keeps investing in them as Roman did and this title should set the tone.

What else to say about Sam Kerr, she's class and a true fighter, but I'm really thrilled Ji is leaving with another title in the bag. Always enjoy watching her game. 

• 3 weeks later...

The women have signed CB Kadeisha Buchanan to complete their second incoming transfer of the summer. Kadeisha is an outstanding defender and a really good footballer. In my opinion we have been screaming for a player of her type for years and I have been critical of Emma for not recruiting one. Well, she has now and that's great in my book. I think we just became a better side. Not enough on its own to close the gap with the European giants but we've taken a step forward today.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 2 weeks later...