Erling Haaland

Fabrication Rumourno said we are looking to try get Haaland next year! Fantastic player and I think he has a massive ceiling, but obviously I am very skeptical.

1) I'm not even sure how he'll fit into the team with out current attacking options.
2) for his rumoured  £63m release clause, surely he has his pick of places he'll want to go to?

Saying that though, it seems he's a massive Frank Lampard fan!

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/10/14/chelsea-hope-to-sign-world-class-striker-next-summer-after-rumours-of-a-63m-release-clause/

https://talksport.com/football/773714/transfer-insider-chelsea-borussia-dortmund-erling-haaland-manchester-united/

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-southampton-hakim-ziyech-latest-19102860

Edited by driller97

18 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Fabrication Rumourno said we are looking to try get Haaland next year! Fantastic player and I think he has a massive ceiling, but obviously I am very skeptical.

1) I'm not even sure how he'll fit into the team with out current attacking options.
2) for his rumoured  £63m release clause, surely he has his pick of places he'll want to go to?

Saying that though, it seems he's a massive Frank Lampard fan!

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/10/14/chelsea-hope-to-sign-world-class-striker-next-summer-after-rumours-of-a-63m-release-clause/

https://talksport.com/football/773714/transfer-insider-chelsea-borussia-dortmund-erling-haaland-manchester-united/

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-southampton-hakim-ziyech-latest-19102860

Be a massive mistake Even thinking about trying to sign this player for a couple of reasons > he will use his next move as a stepping Stone to joing up with real Madrid or Barca so whatever club signs him will Get him for a couple or terms > there will be a sell on clause set in Stone in his Contract > and most important his agent is a pig and walks about with a stick stirring the shhittee about the club he plays for when the agent think its time to move > just look at the Pogba situation at man utd .

for sure said player looks the deal on the pitch  but its the pilllocckkk that comes with haaland thats the issue .

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

I generally like your posts, but are you seriously comparing Tammy Abrahams to Erling Haaland. 

Well no but if we buy Håland then what happens to Tammy? He wouldn't like to be a backup for Werner either, I don't know how it would work that's all.

4 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

I would imagine we would sell Tammy to Villa or a similar club.

Or loan him out until he's ready. We all love to romanticize our youth players and we'd all love for Tammy to be a great striker for us, but at the moment he's not at Haaland's level. As a top club we have to be ruthless. Haaland is world class even though he's younger than Tammy, and if we were to get the chance to sign him, we should. He'd never come here though as he has better suitors. 

21 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

I would imagine we would sell Tammy to Villa or a similar club.

Even if we do that, we would have both Timo and Erling that would want to start every game.

I think we need to consider a few things here. It's different to play for Chelsea where most teams won't want to play an open game, it's easier for Timo and Erling to score in Bundesliga where they will get a lot more space in front of them in a counter attack.

The second thing is, most teams have a clear first choice of who is a key player, having Timo is clear that he is our new striker that we should invest trust and time in, if we buy Erling it can result in a conflict in the squad because Erling wouldn't sign for us if he isn't promised to be the first choice.

The squad that we have right now is kind of balanced because Tammy can be patient to get his chance once again and Giroud has been a big professional, but if we are to add Håland there it would be a mess...

18 hours ago, TheSage said:

Or loan him out until he's ready. We all love to romanticize our youth players and we'd all love for Tammy to be a great striker for us, but at the moment he's not at Haaland's level. As a top club we have to be ruthless. Haaland is world class even though he's younger than Tammy, and if we were to get the chance to sign him, we should. He'd never come here though as he has better suitors. 

Yes but Bundesliga players with high price tags moving to the EPL have hardly lit the league up yet. So i would be wary of any player who is showing good form in Germany bringing the same form to this league. Maybe Haaland would be a great player in the EPL, but we won't know for sure until he plays in it.

On 26/10/2020 at 12:31, Nevamind said:

If you saw him play then idk why there is any doubt at all. He is lethal fast strong, he got everything. He banged in the goals for Salzburg in the Champions League, for Dortmund and this over a prolonged period of time. He is superb.

About a year? Thats nothing really, so many players have runs of form then they drop off massively.

Not saying that I would want Haaland, but it's still far too early to think he's going to end up being incredible in the prem. All Dortmund players always look so exciting because of the system they play, but once they leave they never quite hit those heights, except a few exceptions.

37 minutes ago, driller97 said:

About a year? Thats nothing really, so many players have runs of form then they drop off massively.

Not saying that I would want Haaland, but it's still far too early to think he's going to end up being incredible in the prem. All Dortmund players always look so exciting because of the system they play, but once they leave they never quite hit those heights, except a few exceptions.

I mean i watched him since he joined Salzburg which is not much longer just a year more but once he started to score he never stopped, there was never a period of 3-4 where he didn't score/assist. Salzburg is kinda my local team so i saw players like Mane, Minamino and all the other talents that went abroad there. I get that it is the Auatrian league but i can compare him to others and he looked lile a level above a Mane for example and he was already freaking good here. 

Thats how i come to my conclusion. 

15 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

I mean i watched him since he joined Salzburg which is not much longer just a year more but once he started to score he never stopped, there was never a period of 3-4 where he didn't score/assist. Salzburg is kinda my local team so i saw players like Mane, Minamino and all the other talents that went abroad there. I get that it is the Auatrian league but i can compare him to others and he looked lile a level above a Mane for example and he was already freaking good here. 

Thats how i come to my conclusion. 

Fair enough then, you're definitely more suited to have an opinion on him than me!

My only issue is that there are so many players who have a pretty good run of form, then there's transfer talk of them going to be a big club for a big fee, and then it just fizzles out and they never really live upto the initial hype. Even Sancho as of late hasn't exactly looked as good as he did about a 12/18 months ago.

On 17/10/2020 at 09:38, Gol15 said:

We got Tammy and Werner, not sure if we need another guy of this quality.

Have you watched Haaland play? Dortmund is my security nd family orite team so I watch them play frequently. His work rate is off the charts. He is very strong, fast and physical, three traits that Tammy does not possess. If he comes to the PL. It likely will be for two or three years. 

PS-Moukoko, Dortmund's next star turns 16 on November 20 and he is expected to called up by January. He already has three hat tricks for their U19 team. Dortmund put him on their Championship roster. He climbs the next Dortmund star. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatestGame said:

Have you watched Haaland play? Dortmund is my security nd family orite team so I watch them play frequently. His work rate is off the charts. He is very strong, fast and physical, three traits that Tammy does not possess. If he comes to the PL. It likely will be for two or three years. 

PS-Moukoko, Dortmund's next star turns 16 on November 20 and he is expected to called up by January. He already has three hat tricks for their U19 team. Dortmund put him on their Championship roster. He climbs the next Dortmund star. 

I saw mostly his goals but not like his overall game. There is no question about him being a super talented player I must underline that, even so I think that it's different to play in Bundesliga where a lot of games are more open and where attackers can find much more space and many more opportunities in counter attacks in comparison to a player like Timo that started playing for Chelsea and is struggling a bit since most teams play very tight and are defensive against us. 

But overall I'm more thinking about how our squad would be affected by another player that would want to play every game, would there be a problem in the squad if Werner and Haaland both want to play every game but only can can do it?

Seems a waste of money considering we just invested in Timo.

We have enough quality on the attack.  If Chelsea has money to spend they should spend it on defense or even maybe a second choice keeper to back up Mendy.  Because I really don't want to see Kepa manning the nets ever again.

I imagine the bidding war for Haaland will be intense especially with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG and I'm sure City and UTD will be sniffing around as much as we will be. Apparently the buyout clause doesn't take effect until after the 21/22 season is what I saw. Not sure how accurate that is - seems to be a lot of differing information available. Even if there is a buyout clause, if Haaland continues to progress how he has, Dortmund will be getting way more than the buyout clause when they do sell him

On 29/10/2020 at 16:46, bisright1 said:

Haaland is one of the best players in the world. He's better than any of our strikers. He's better than any of our squad. 

We aren't going to be signing him. I don't know why we are deluding ourselves that WE would say no to him!

Surely we wouldn't say no to him but that scenario is not going to happen, if we are to sign him we would need to fight other teams and to convince him that coming here is better for him than going to Man City or Barcelona... And I don't think we would be that much convincing considering that we have a nice attack already, other big teams need him more than we do.