Erling Haaland

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

BVB may accept the offer but I think Haaland won't sign, next year he will go for 60m and can negotiate an astronomical wage.

Remember his agent is Raiola and I think he will block the move.

I'm skeptical too. Haaland is probably one of those players who think Barcelona and Real are the be-all and end-all in football. 

15 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I'm skeptical too. Haaland is probably one of those players who think Barcelona and Real are the be-all and end-all in football. 

Their both in shambles right now though - for their standards at least - so best to wait 3-4 years till they both got their rebuilds mostly done and running. Also I suppose Haaland is clearly the über-ambitious competitive guy. There is just no comparison to the EPL right now - there is money, competitiveness and enough prestige as well. That said, I can totally see Haaland wanting to move on to Real say in 4-5 years depending on their rebuild and how Chelsea developed in the meantime. That would still mean he'd helped tremendously in those years if nothing extraordinary happens. 

Growing more confident by the hour...unfortunately! 😉  Get him and Griezman on loan and evaluate about Werner/Ziyech come winter..

16 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

My thoughts, I guessed Italy as the winner 10 days ago, small win on the bookies and got the winners of men's and women's Wimbledon right too.

For Haaland

£160m + £10m to the agent and about £300k per week.

I don't think we will go that high. 

You’re on fire.  Ride that roll man.  Lotto numbers?

3 minutes ago, weetee said:

Their both in shambles right now though - for their standards at least - so best to wait 3-4 years till they both got their rebuilds mostly done and running. Also I suppose Haaland is clearly the über-ambitious competitive guy. There is just no comparison to the EPL right now - there is money, competitiveness and enough prestige as well. That said, I can totally see Haaland wanting to move on to Real say in 4-5 years depending on their rebuild and how Chelsea developed in the meantime. That would still mean he'd helped tremendously in those years if nothing extraordinary happens. 

Growing more confident by the hour...unfortunately! 😉  Get him and Griezman on loan and evaluate about Werner/Ziyech come winter..

Barcelona are in deeeep sh*t but Madrid next year with some shifting around might be able to afford him. City are hot favourites though and he already expressed that he likes the club in front of cameras. It all comes down to whether they are able to get Kane this summer though.
Next season Man Utd will also come into the fold as well.

4 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Barcelona are in deeeep sh*t but Madrid next year with some shifting around might be able to afford him. City are hot favourites though and he already expressed that he likes the club in front of cameras. It all comes down to whether they are able to get Kane this summer though.
Next season Man Utd will also come into the fold as well.

Sure, there will certainly be tough competition next season about him. There are many variables.

But there are a lot of questionmarks left with Madrid. How does Ancelotti work? What about Varane? Modric? Kroos gets older as does Benzema and Carvajal . Hazard is a shadow of his former self. What about Bale? Ramos is gone. Is Vinicius jr actually good enough? Rodrygo or however he's spelled? Does Alaba actually fit in that well? If I'd be Haaland and could basically chose my next club those two Spanish giants would likely not be the first choice - no matter if they could afford it or not. Their projects aren't as developed as I'd say ManU, City, Pool or Chelsea's are; wouldn't surprise me if Atleti wins the LaLiga this season as well. But yea, Barca is in much bigger trouble than RM I'd say - but imo have some clearly better youth products with Pedri and Fati (hope he comes back for good from his injury) - but not a good enough coach as well.

Anyway, I'm very relaxed about the whole Haaland saga. Would be awesome if he actually comes but we'll manage either way.

Guest Sindre

The whole situation reminds me of Aguero in 2009. He wanted to join but we buckled at the price and the rest in history.

Instead we wasted a lot of money on Torres and it took five more years before we managed to buy our next good striker (Costa) and even after him we haven't found a good one. Had we bought Aguero for what we buckled at in 2009 we would not only have saved a lot of money, we would also have won more titles.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12354894/erling-haaland-chelsea-face-mission-impossible-over-transfer-plans-for-borussia-dortmund-striker

Check out the bottom of the article. Mino wants almost 35mill quid to make this deal happen. Seriously so he can start trying to sell him from next january onwards. Cannot believe we are serious about this deal or dealing with that snake.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12354894/erling-haaland-chelsea-face-mission-impossible-over-transfer-plans-for-borussia-dortmund-striker

Check out the bottom of the article. Mino wants almost 35mill quid to make this deal happen. Seriously so he can start trying to sell him from next january onwards. Cannot believe we are serious about this deal or dealing with that snake.

That is why I can’t see it happening. Even if Dortmund accept £120m, you need to pay Riaola £30m, then pay Halaand & his dad another £20m bringing the fee to £170m. Add on the astronomical wage demands and it’s near impossible. We can sign a top DM, CB & FW for those figures.

With the season starting in 4 weeks, I just hope we move on quickly to other targets if it can’t be done.

10 minutes ago, ducavis said:

That is why I can’t see it happening. Even if Dortmund accept £120m, you need to pay Riaola £30m, then pay Halaand & his dad another £20m bringing the fee to £170m. Add on the astronomical wage demands and it’s near impossible. We can sign a top DM, CB & FW for those figures.

With the season starting in 4 weeks, I just hope we move on quickly to other targets if it can’t be done.

Now if I remember right Griezmann did not function so well at Barca as they kept playing him in roles he did not like as well to keep messi in his preferred role. Griezmann is best as a right side forwarded cutting in yes?

Now if we are seriously looking at him on loan then i hope we have an option to buy, given Barca are desperate to get wages down maybe we can make that option around 60-70mill, maybe less. That would be more palatable. Would add to our front 3 more pace, and likely see Havertz remain as our false 9.

Not ideal and not likely to win the title, but something where either he shines and we keep him, or he does not and we send him back.

Leaves the war chest for another midfielder and a defender if that is what we want. 

I'm starting to care less about this deal. With some of the fees I'm seeing it's starting to become less and less about the football and just lining everyone involves pockets except us.

I respect the talent and I would love to have him but, I don't want to deal with constant speculation of him being linked away. Nor the possible fallout from the squad about his financial package. 

Sadly it seems footballers at such a young age care about the money even more than the football to an extent nowadays. Exploited by their agents and parents they become just like them prioritising money over the football project. 

19 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

And eventually throwing away their once promising footballing careers. 

Like I can understand if a child has grown up in poverty and wants to make a lot of money for their family. However, it's not like the average player package of ~£100k a week doesn't give them that. 

Not to mention a lot of these are second maybe third generation footballers who's daddies made money and are now looking to get even richer off their children. Who seriously needs £300k a week to play football. 

I understand its all relative and you're worth is what someone is willing to pay but, it's getting ridiculous now. Barcelona and Madrid are in the mess they're in atm precisely for giving astronomical wages. Let that be a lesson to the prem teams.

Edited by LongtimerLurker

8 hours ago, Sindre said:

The whole situation reminds me of Aguero in 2009. He wanted to join but we buckled at the price and the rest in history.

Instead we wasted a lot of money on Torres and it took five more years before we managed to buy our next good striker (Costa) and even after him we haven't found a good one. Had we bought Aguero for what we buckled at in 2009 we would not only have saved a lot of money, we would also have won more titles.

Spot on Sindre. One of the biggest errors of judgement in EPL history.

My intuition says it sometihng like this:

1, Haaland

2. Striker from the French League, maybe from Lyon yet not Memphis Du Pays

3. Dutch striker - Wegerhout or something like it

4. Ings

Of course the later we leave it to try and get Haaland the less our chance is of getting numbers 2-4 as they don't have time to get a replacement.

Just based on the fact his agent is Mino should be enough for us to say no. Does not matter how good he is.

Look at Donnarumma, the barrel mino held Milan over and then he left his boyhood club for free.

Look at the way he treats one of the biggest clubs in the world with Unitedthe disrespect he gives them over Pogba.

He wants his commission for the next deal. Soon as the ink  would be dry on him joining us mino would be pushing for his next fee.

Expect Haaland to go to Real, then Paris, then City, the Real again etc etc.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Just based on the fact his agent is Mino should be enough for us to say no. Does not matter how good he is.

Look at Donnarumma, the barrel mino held Milan over and then he left his boyhood club for free.

Look at the way he treats one of the biggest clubs in the world with Unitedthe disrespect he gives them over Pogba.

He wants his commission for the next deal. Soon as the ink  would be dry on him joining us mino would be pushing for his next fee.

Expect Haaland to go to Real, then Paris, then City, the Real again etc etc.

All fair points. Maybe he needs to do a Lukaku and bin Raiola and then we'll talk.

17 hours ago, sonic90 said:

BVB may accept the offer but I think Haaland won't sign, next year he will go for 60m and can negotiate an astronomical wage.

Remember his agent is Raiola and I think he will block the move.

Raiola is the biggest issue of this whole thing for me. I never liked Alex Ferguson, but he was right about Raiola, he's a sh*t bag. He's the perfect example of why people hate football agents.

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

All fair points. Maybe he needs to do a Lukaku and bin Raiola and then we'll talk.

If I remember correctly I read Lukaku got rid of Mino as he was pushing to move him from Inter to get his next fee and Lukaku did not want to leave.

As good as Donnarumma is how he allowed his agent to treat his boyhood club is disgraceful imo.