Erling Haaland

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

48 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I'll be surprised if Haaland happens this summer, especially if it is true that he can be bought for a fraction of the quoted amount next summer. 

You did get BOTH Werner and Havertz last summer.

I would not be surprised at all if you get Haaland this summer.

1 hour ago, forbzy said:

I'll be surprised if Haaland happens this summer, especially if it is true that he can be bought for a fraction of the quoted amount next summer. 

From the Dortmund perspective, surely they'd have to be insane to wait until 2022 to get half the fee they can get in 2021 ?

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

From the Dortmund perspective, surely they'd have to be insane to wait until 2022 to get half the fee they can get in 2021 ?

Makes no sense for Dortmund to sell Haaland this year either. Best chance they have of a title; guaranteed 35-40 goals from Haaland to help that; which probably guarantees Champions League; fans back in the stadium; revenue to be made; having already sold Sancho etc. 

It’s not going to happen. Them gaining £75m to potentially end up bottling every thing on offer this season and miss out on UCL? That’s catastrophic. I’m sure the senior bods at Dortmund know this and that’s exactly why he won’t go this summer and won’t (unfortunately) ever be a Chelsea player, once the Spanish cretins come next year. Also, as this is now incredibly late in the window, who are they going to replace him with? Don’t say Donyell Malen (sp?) as he is a Sancho replacement.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

He just turned 21 so it's time to move to a club for grown ups, last time we won the CL a certain E.H. joined so will history repeat itself?

Would have been great to have seen him give it a shot in the premier league. Personally I don’t think he’d get anywhere near the sort of numbers he’s achieving in second tier leagues. Will do well in Spain though and would expect him to continue that ratio of games:goals against defenders who can’t defend.

On 20/07/2021 at 17:42, CFCCAN said:

Dortmund are just a feeder club...never going to win anything of note, but will certainly be a rich bastards in the process. I'd be after their scouts if we can't afford their players. How are they managing to sign all these 'gems' and turn them into superstars, while the big clubs, EPL in particular, are wandering around aimlessly in the dark throwing their money around on kids in their Academy's, that at best become average or above average players.  Its only recently that the crop of youngsters we have had through the Academy have hit the spotlight, or rated highly enough that other clubs come knocking on the door wanting to offer us insane amounts of money; with the exception of JT and one or two others that spent most of their careers at the club, the rest we loaned out or moved on for a few shekels here and there to mediocre clubs.  Surely despite the success in recent years of the Academy there is something wrong with not being able identify and nurture a centre forward? or is it that kids these days all want to be a Messi or a CR7..anyway just a thought as to why we have to chase a 20yr old for an insane amount of money when we supposedly have one of the best Academy's in the world yet have never produced a world class centre forward. 

This is a bit of an unfair criticism at the Academy. You can't expect the scouts to be able to foresee how a kid is going to turn out much less the club being able to convince everyone involved in a kid's life to believe in the project considering only 1~10% of kids actually make it to the senior level, all the while battling it out with other football clubs.

A great center forward doesn't come along often. They're actually very very rare.

1 hour ago, Deino said:

This is a bit of an unfair criticism at the Academy. You can't expect the scouts to be able to foresee how a kid is going to turn out much less the club being able to convince everyone involved in a kid's life to believe in the project considering only 1~10% of kids actually make it to the senior level, all the while battling it out with other football clubs.

A great center forward doesn't come along often. They're actually very very rare.

While I agree that only a very few of the 'kids' when they arrive at the Academy will actually make it to a senior level; those that fail during their younger years fall by the wayside and released, but a vast majority of those players that are left from all those trophy winning sides, are thrown into the cattle market because they are average at best and end up in 2nd tier clubs; right now it seems that there is a fire sale at the Academy because none of those that are refusing new contract will know they don't have a hope in hell to make the first team squad. 

Given the money that Roman has thrown at the Academy in the last 15 years you would have thought that at least one CF or decent attacking player would have been identified and groomed for the first team; TBH I think despite the success the Academy has had at youth level they have been piss poor at producing anyone that will get near our first team on a regular basis, apart from the last group that I mentioned in my earlier post, along with JT; and even with that being said CHO or Tammy while attacking players, can't get a sniff and RCL is on his last chance. Now you can argue with the turnover of Managers, apart from Frank, none have really looked at the youth players but rather gone to market and pissed millions on average players, or even below average players such as most recently, Drinkvodka, Zappacosta just to name two and don't get me started on Bakayoko.  And now Roman wants to piss £150mill+ on a kid that really has had a season and a bit, in an average league where even Werner and Pulisic scored for fun but have struggled in the EPL. Personally I'd be upset with whoever is running the Academy that not only am I throwing millions funding that, I am also having to throw millions at buying sh*t players and failed centre forwards, Didier and Costa aside.  

On 21/07/2021 at 23:34, thebluekid said:

Makes no sense for Dortmund to sell Haaland this year either. Best chance they have of a title; guaranteed 35-40 goals from Haaland to help that; which probably guarantees Champions League; fans back in the stadium; revenue to be made; having already sold Sancho etc. 

It’s not going to happen. Them gaining £75m to potentially end up bottling every thing on offer this season and miss out on UCL? That’s catastrophic. I’m sure the senior bods at Dortmund know this and that’s exactly why he won’t go this summer and won’t (unfortunately) ever be a Chelsea player, once the Spanish cretins come next year. Also, as this is now incredibly late in the window, who are they going to replace him with? Don’t say Donyell Malen (sp?) as he is a Sancho replacement.

If Roman really wants this guy, then do a deal now - add his release clause money to the fictional €150m and divide in half , so 150+75=225 , so half is €110 ish , and then loan him back.

If Dortmund are out of the running for the league at Christmas, he comes then, if they still, realistically,  have a shot at winning the league he stays and joins us in summer 2022? 

f**k knows if he will make it in the PL but sometimes you just gotta back ya sell and take a punt, albeit a very expensive punt, but faint heart never won fair maiden! 

God knows, we’ve bought some f**king pups in our time !!!! Besides, if we wait until next season we may not be as attractive and there will surely be lots of competition ? 

Sell Tammy for whatever the south London arsewipes will give and get Lewandowski for £50m as the 2/3 year stop gap and mentor (and what a stop gap he would be by the way !!!) then, bob’s ya uncle, fanny’s ya aunt, lulu’s ya cousin and the jobs a goodun 

Does that work for you ? 

Btw - Would love to get Chiesa too 

1 hour ago, thebluekid said:

Haaland going to a training camp with Dortmund today rules this transfer out completely now. Saga finished.

How does it?

What if we bought him now but for the next season? Offer Dortmund 100m, give fat f**k Raiola and Haaland Sr their fees and let the player spend the upcoming season at BVB before joining us in the summer of 2022. I know it's not ideal but that may be the only option we've got of landing him. I'm sure Dortmund would be all for it.

Now I know that Haaland may not like the idea because next summer there'll be other top clubs lining up to get him at a reduced price but if that's the case, why chase him in the first place? Either he wants to play for us or he doesn't. Pitch him the idea of building a young exciting Chellsea team with Tuchel at the helm and him a centerpiece of our attack and let him decide. If he says no, then so be it, move on to the next target.

Edited by abramovich

12 minutes ago, ronin said:

Look everyone, he isn't coming! He wants to go to Real Madrid and that's it. God knows why with the state of the club but there you go..

This. Any Chelsea fan that thinks there’s a remote possibility of him signing is deluded. Only 3 weeks to go until we start the season with the same XI and fight it out with Leicester for top 4 as European Champions.

Let's just wait and see...normally we don't see this much smoke without at least a little spark or fire.

I gained some peace of mind recently coming to the conclusion I didn't care so much one way or the other but, if we are going to offer £130m it doesn't just happen straight the way this is a very complex deal.

Rumour has it we will make the offer so lets see if these people with their "special" blue ticks are right.

I'm really surprised by the comments of some of us in this forum especially in this thread about this Haaland situation. Since yesterday, I feel we should have been happy that it seems the club is submitting a £130m bid for Haaland. 

We needed a striker and the club is submitting the bid now but some of us are saying the guy will not come. Why will the guy not come?