Erling Haaland

driller97

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I don't think he's going anywhere until next summer when his release clause kicks in. 

Not the way his shameless Agent has been acting. 1 million a week and £130m transfer fee, when its half 12 months later. I think teams are like no thanks especially when he's not scored in 7, they are probably willing to take the risk and wait it out. 

Honestly not worth the transfer fee or the wages at the moment ... too unproven ...

He's had half a season in the Austrian league and a season in the Bundesliga, where he was effectively outscored by Timo Werner in the second half of last season and is not in the top two scorers this season. Promising, but over hyped for me.

• 3 weeks later...

According to latest stories on him Real and Barcelona are the clubs that interest him...not sure about their financies though. No Super League, no rescue package from JP Morgan. Not sure if that really matters though. 

• 1 month later...

Not sure if Fjortoft is that reliable but he was one of the first to report about Havertz last summer. Haaland would be one of the most exciting signings of our history... Anyway it is very hard to land a deal like this. 

Matt Law joins in on the fun.

Saying we will offer Tammy Abraham to Dortmund as part of a deal. Also rumours of including Hudson Odoi who Dortmund like.

30 minutes ago, evissy said:

Not sure if Fjortoft is that reliable but he was one of the first to report about Havertz last summer.

In this instance he's a very, very good source.

He's close friends with Alf Inge Haaland as they both played in England at the same time in the 90s as well as on the national team. Also a bit of a mentor for Erling Haaland so there is definitly something too this.

It is now or never as his release clause will go down next summer that even clubs like Arsenal would afford to trigger it, nevermind Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern.

We are in the best position we could be at the moment, we are the UCL winners, we have one of the best managers in the world, we have the money, just pull the trigger and show Dortmund the money and f**k the wage structure, he is worth every penny.

Would end up being a mercenary for a year or 2 before he forces a move through to Real or Barca. 

Sources near to him let it be known he does not see us as a big club and he has a well mapped out path for his career that sees him end up at a Barca or real, an "elite" level club.

If we win some times in that time then it works out, if not that is a whole lot of cash and an even bigger circus around him and his tw@t of an agent.

Biggest conern is him unsettling the applecart with his ridiculous wage demands. 500k for a 20 year old 1 season in a decent league.

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Biggest conern is him unsettling the applecart with his ridiculous wage demands. 500k for a 20 year old 1 season in a decent league.

That's INSANE! Does Hazard even make that much before he left?

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Would end up being a mercenary for a year or 2 before he forces a move through to Real or Barca. 

Sources near to him let it be known he does not see us as a big club and he has a well mapped out path for his career that sees him end up at a Barca or real, an "elite" level club.

If we win some times in that time then it works out, if not that is a whole lot of cash and an even bigger circus around him and his tw@t of an agent.

Agreed. From what I've read, he doens't have any interest in coming here really anyway. So I think we could spend our money wiser than this.

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Not sure if Fjortoft is that reliable but he was one of the first to report about Havertz last summer. Haaland would be one of the most exciting signings of our history... Anyway it is very hard to land a deal like this. 

Fjortoft is friends with Alf. Might have some truth to it.

7 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

We never broke 350k p/w. Hazard was around 320k pre-bonuses I believe

14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

He'll be linked to Real every summer and we can fleece Real for 200m in transfer fees.

5D chess

Would not be surprised if Haaland is sold this summer even after Dortmund saying he isn't going anywhere. Think the crazy money being offered will end up being too hard to pass up for them. Especially if Chelsea/Real Madrid/Barcelona are gonna offer 130-170m

36 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

Nope, nor does Kante now. I believe he is on 280k.

So imagine you are Kante, or Havertz, or Mount etc and this kid shows up having won nothing and gets paid that. What will you be asking your agent to do?

His agent is poison and we should steer clear of any of his clients. Does not matter how good they are. Take a stand.

35 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Agreed. From what I've read, he doens't have any interest in coming here really anyway. So I think we could spend our money wiser than this.

Indeed I have read the same things. We are not an "elite" club to him. We are the same as Dortmund. A stepping stone to be used. He would jump at the first chance to leave to Real and probably go on strike if his agent tells him too.

We dont improve ourselves with mercenaries. We need players who are passionate about the shirt.

33 minutes ago, Deino said:

He'll be linked to Real every summer and we can fleece Real for 200m in transfer fees.

5D chess

After we paid 200mill plus lord knows how much ti his agents that is not exactly a profit.

Although I would love to see a player like Haaland at Chelsea, should we splash 130m on him? 

I am thinking players like Werner and Havertz are more used to Prem. Pulisic and Ziyech as well. Should expect more goals from them now... 

Anyway if we are going to the route of splashing either 70m or 130m to a top class striker I would go for the latter. Depending naturally who they are and what their profile is. Haaland carries so much promise on top of his ridiculous scoring stats at the age of 20.

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

After we paid 200mill plus lord knows how much ti his agents that is not exactly a profit.

An incomplete Haaland goes for 200m, so a developed/completed one would easily net us 250m.

If not us, then Raiola would make sure of that. That fat cnut will never let his player run a contract down

22 minutes ago, evissy said:

Although I would love to see a player like Haaland at Chelsea, should we splash 130m on him? 

I am thinking players like Werner and Havertz are more used to Prem. Pulisic and Ziyech as well. Should expect more goals from them now... 

Anyway if we are going to the route of splashing either 70m or 130m to a top class striker I would go for the latter. Depending naturally who they are and what their profile is. Haaland carries so much promise on top of his ridiculous scoring stats at the age of 20.

130mill would be more palatable. However the wages need to drop dramatically imo or we face big problems.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I don't think he would. Most players that join us tend to stick around for a good chunk of their career. Barcelona and Real Madrid ain't exactly the best place to be right now either and La Liga overall is a bit of a mess right now. Did you watch much of it last season? the quality is nowhere near the level it used to be and it's so slow.

La Liga is in trouble, this is why Florentino Perez is desperately hanging on to the Super League. He knows that the Spanish teams are in serious danger of dropping off the same way the Italian teams have. We finished 4th in our own league but absolutely dominated Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid in the Champions League. Then you look at the players they are signing. An aging Aguero and Alaba, both still good players but not signings you would expect from two clubs that need an overhaul and injection of top quality young players. Real Madrid and Barcelona just can't afford the likes of Haaland right now, if they suddenly found the cash for a player like him, then I would think something really dodgy is going on.