Jump to content

Erling Haaland


driller97
 Share

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

It is just Matt law. And we would still have to deal with his agent lining his pockets making the outlay well over 200mill plus 500k wages. Unless roman really wants him and we find some mega sponsors to allow us to bust our wage structure it cannot happen or it will be a sinkhole for us.

Heard wages are more like 300-350k. Transfer will be about 130m-140m, and Raiola probably gets 20m-30m. Also a chance we pay even less than that, and he stays at Dortmund a year, like what Liverpool did with Naby Keita. 

Really cant see how anyone wouldnt be excited for this, no point worrying about hypotheticals like Raiola being a nightnare, or Haaland pushing for Spain every window. 

Who knows how this plays out, Haaland might might sack Raiola after a year. His Dad is there to advise him, and you can bet he will have something to say if Raiola is having a negatice impact on his sons career. Lukaku sacked Raiola after his big move aswell. 

If we can afford it, then great. It wasnt that long ago we were linked with ashley barnes, Im glad the club are showing real ambition to take advantage of the super clubs going through a tough time financially. 

From all accounts Tuchel really wants him aswell. So why not back the manager when possible? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Heard wages are more like 300-350k. Transfer will be about 130m-140m, and Raiola probably gets 20m-30m. Also a chance we pay even less than that, and he stays at Dortmund a year, like what Liverpool did with Naby Keita. 

Really cant see how anyone wouldnt be excited for this, no point worrying about hypotheticals like Raiola being a nightnare, or Haaland pushing for Spain every window. 

Who knows how this plays out, Haaland might might sack Raiola after a year. His Dad is there to advise him, and you can bet he will have something to say if Raiola is having a negatice impact on his sons career. Lukaku sacked Raiola after his big move aswell. 

If we can afford it, then great. It wasnt that long ago we were linked with ashley barnes, Im glad the club are showing real ambition to take advantage of the super clubs going through a tough time financially. 

From all accounts Tuchel really wants him aswell. So why not back the manager when possible? 

Fair points.

Though I will add if we do the deal that sees him remain with Dortmund one season more and then we finish 5th and then maybe TT is not even here to work with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Fair points.

Though I will add if we do the deal that sees him remain with Dortmund one season more and then we finish 5th and then maybe TT is not even here to work with him.

Ifs, buts, and maybes. Guess we will have to see how it pans out. With Chelsea you could be right😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites


43 minutes ago, big blue said:

Ifs, buts, and maybes. Guess we will have to see how it pans out. With Chelsea you could be right😂

Can never underestimate how quickly someone goes from hero to zero here lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are renewed stories about Chelsea looking to move CHO and Ziyech. If you were into  putting together a rumour you could build a story about raising funds to fund a bid 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/04/2021 at 16:02, Spiller86 said:will not be moving to a second tier club. We've got to prove ourselves a first tier team again to sign him. Simple as. If not he'll be off to Barca, Madrid, Bayern, PSG or Juve. 

Remind me the number of European trophies PSG and Juve have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

There are renewed stories about Chelsea looking to move CHO and Ziyech. If you were into  putting together a rumour you could build a story about raising funds to fund a bid 

Let's say that's exactly what the club is doing, selling 2 wingers for a striker would mean that the strategy is to play Havertz wide and not central, IMO we could just build the attack around Havertz just as easy, but sure the trio would look amazing on paper:

                Haaland
           Mount Havertz

Chilwell Jorginho Kante James

Or in a 4-3-3:

Werner  Haaland  Havertz

      Mount     Kante

           Jorginho
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

If we pull this up, well, lost for words.  I seriously hope they are going to Haaland - real sign of intent to not be a 4th place club, but back amongst the best clubs in Europe, consistently.

Edit.  I actually think this is doable.  Look at what we spent last year in total, albeit offset by sales.  Another strong year for Chelsea performance wise, and commercially, plus Roman isn't hurting.  A triple figure fee would likely include many clauses that trigger based on performance.  The sticking point will be wages and agent fee - but sign him to a 5 or 6 year deal and amortize that fee.  

Edited by PhilH930
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Let's say that's exactly what the club is doing, selling 2 wingers for a striker would mean that the strategy is to play Havertz wide and not central, IMO we could just build the attack around Havertz just as easy, but sure the trio would look amazing on paper:

                Haaland
           Mount Havertz

Chilwell Jorginho Kante James

Or in a 4-3-3:

Werner  Haaland  Havertz

      Mount     Kante

           Jorginho
 

You make the point that Haaland, Werner, Havertz and Mount can’t all get on on the field with 3 at the back and even in 4 33 Mount has to play deeper in the Lampard spot. Worth thinking about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Looking back at old posts is fun, I thought I'd bring this back to the front.

Atleast we know he wont be going to arsenal

Sometimes one might be wrong 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Can never underestimate how quickly someone goes from hero to zero here lol.

Come axman on how about some positivity, we could potential sign one of the best young talents in world football.  How about this for a hypothetical - We sign Haaland who just keeps scoring every game and for the next 15 years we keep winning trophy after trophy.  In the process he wins more Ballon D'Or's than Messi, giving him no reason to leave us whatsoever.  Then his final game for us he scores the winner in the Champions League final against Real Madrid to help us win our 14 CL trophy eclipsing the team he once wanted to sign for.

....Oh and during one of the CL winning celebrations Haaland punches Riola in the face on camera and tells him to F off!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, DarkMata said:

Come axman on how about some positivity, we could potential sign one of the best young talents in world football.  How about this for a hypothetical - We sign Haaland who just keeps scoring every game and for the next 15 years we keep winning trophy after trophy.  In the process he wins more Ballon D'Or's than Messi, giving him no reason to leave us whatsoever.  Then his final game for us he scores the winner in the Champions League final against Real Madrid to help us win our 14 CL trophy eclipsing the team he once wanted to sign for.

....Oh and during one of the CL winning celebrations Haaland punches Riola in the face on camera and tells him to F off!

👍👍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most reports out of Germany say he wont be allowed to leave this summer. 

If we get him sounds like either it will be an agreement to sign next summer or a deal that includes a mandatory season return loan for this coming season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Marina and Roman want him and from what I'm hearing they do the we have arguably the best chance out of every club interested. Add in the fact I'm hearing Erling is interested in signing for us this deal makes a lot of sense from both sides. Let's not forget how much Haaland was itching for a move before Dortmund secured UCL football, at one point they looked to be in a dire spot.

He wants trophies, for the last 5 seasons we've contested a minimum of at least one cup final per season. Where else can you consistently get this level of football.

16/17 Fa cup

17/18 fa cup

18/19 League cup +Europa 

19/20 Super cup + Fa cup

20/21 Fa cup + UCL

In fact disregard the Mourinho 3rd season and even 14/15 we contested a cup final (league cup) that would be 9 finals in 7 seasons....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Most reports out of Germany say he wont be allowed to leave this summer. 

If we get him sounds like either it will be an agreement to sign next summer or a deal that includes a mandatory season return loan for this coming season.

This has been my concern from when i first heard about this. This deal could be very attractive to the club, but not at a footballing level.

Chelsea could agree a deal on a reduced transfer amount on the basis of the clock running down on his contract. However the deal is for him to stay there a further year.

His stock will likely continue to rise as he plays in a weaker league than the premier league. In a year's time the club could probably then sell him on at a decent profit.

I'd rather we signed a player that would play for us now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I read somewhere that the club is ready to pay £155m for Håland...

Happy Lion King GIF by DAZN

Roman may well want to make a big statement to follow up on the CL win, like he did with Hazard, only go bigger.

If he adds to already having Havertz, who is some player and only going to get better, by spending that on Haaland, 65mill on the inter player we are chasing and another 80mill on rice....well....message sent....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!