Erling Haaland

driller97

Hi!

Completely new here; well, not new, I have been browsing these forums for years but in a non contributing way! A freeloader if you like haha.

In my honest opinion, if the club really want to sign him, they will. They have the funds available and there is ZERO chance that Dortmund will refuse an offer which is double his buy-out clause. They would be utterly stupid to do so; it's not an Eden Hazard situation where he was sold for an excessive amount, he didn't have a buy out clause in his final year- Haaland does, if they didn't accept an offer they would be throwing £60-70million down the drain in what has been the most difficult financial crisis football has seen since WW2. The ONLY things that stop this deal happening are either Chelsea not putting a big offer down or Haaland. If Haaland wants it, wages are met, agent fees and a big offer is placed; he will sign for Chelsea. Dortmund will not hang on and lose that money. It just simply won't happen. In a non-global pandemic world, maybe. 2021? No chance.

5 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I locked this transfer up in 2 minutes on FIFA... not sure what Roman and Marina are doing here 

I'm with you.  38 years old and about to start a new game of Football Manager to show them how this should be done.  I'll even use the editor to make it happen.

Seriously though, Roman, pull this off and I'll never ask for another transfer.

On 09/06/2021 at 12:34, ozboy said:

You make the point that Haaland, Werner, Havertz and Mount can’t all get on on the field with 3 at the back and even in 4 33 Mount has to play deeper in the Lampard spot. Worth thinking about. 

We might go 4231 with Havertz in the hole. It's a solid high pressing front 4

16 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Roman may well want to make a big statement to follow up on the CL win, like he did with Hazard, only go bigger.

If he adds to already having Havertz, who is some player and only going to get better, by spending that on Haaland, 65mill on the inter player we are chasing and another 80mill on rice....well....message sent....

300m transfer window on 3 players?

I hope the deadwood offloading task force is on fire. We need to recoup at least half that with sales.

Not saying that we can't do it but damn.

5 hours ago, thebluekid said:

Hi!

Completely new here; well, not new, I have been browsing these forums for years but in a non contributing way! A freeloader if you like haha.

In my honest opinion, if the club really want to sign him, they will. They have the funds available and there is ZERO chance that Dortmund will refuse an offer which is double his buy-out clause. They would be utterly stupid to do so; it's not an Eden Hazard situation where he was sold for an excessive amount, he didn't have a buy out clause in his final year- Haaland does, if they didn't accept an offer they would be throwing £60-70million down the drain in what has been the most difficult financial crisis football has seen since WW2. The ONLY things that stop this deal happening are either Chelsea not putting a big offer down or Haaland. If Haaland wants it, wages are met, agent fees and a big offer is placed; he will sign for Chelsea. Dortmund will not hang on and lose that money. It just simply won't happen. In a non-global pandemic world, maybe. 2021? No chance.

This sounds about right. It's possible he prices himself out of a move this summer though, then gets the wages he's after once he's sold next year for half the price. 

I would say we offer him £320,000 a week and state he will be the highest paid player with the bonus if he gets 20 goals in the season the following season he gets £420,00 and then the third season if he scores 20 goals then £520,000 a week.

That way if he goes likes Sheva or Torres we are not stuck in the Bale situation.

6 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

I think Utd getting sancho will scupper this deal. No way Dortmund let both go this summer

They will if they have 250million in their coffers. 

Covid hit them hard, and that kind of capital would keep them golden for years. 

I expect sancho going would make haaland more likely to leave unles the replacement was something special. You basically have 10-12 years at the top if you stay injury free. And probably only 4-6 at your own peak.  Can’t waste one of them. 

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

520k is bloody too much though… Not even Messi at his peak justifies that sort of wages. That’s 1 million after two weeks! Holy sh*t.

Reality is its hard to justify money anywhere near that level.  But, look across other teams and other sports, and it starts to make sense.  If we want to attract the top talent, well this is the type of price it comes with.  520K equates to 27M a year - certainly not chump change but when you compare to Messi at $130M in 2020 ($97M on the field, $33M off the field), or Ronaldo $120M, or Conner McGregor $180M, then perhaps Haaland is ok at 27M.  Still a serious chunk of change, but not unreasonable for an upcoming global superstar.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brettknight/2021/05/12/the-worlds-10-highest-paid-athletes-conor-mcgregor-leads-a-group-of-sports-stars-unfazed-by-the-pandemic/?sh=72443c4726f4

I love how blase everyone is at modern footballer wages ... 520K is too high but 320K (a f**king week) is perfectly acceptable ... its all telephone numbers salaries paid but not earned ... world going to hell in a hand cart ... no sportsman should ever earn 10x a senior nurse ANNUAL salary in one bloody week ...  I thought these Covid times might result in a change in our value system but clearly not ... rant over 🙂

13 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I would say we offer him £320,000 a week and state he will be the highest paid player with the bonus if he gets 20 goals in the season the following season he gets £420,00 and then the third season if he scores 20 goals then £520,000 a week.

That way if he goes likes Sheva or Torres we are not stuck in the Bale situation.

That's crazy money. 

These telephone number salaries make me sick to my stomach. 

No wonder all my student either want to be footballers or marry one... 🤑

However, I'm a huuuge fan of performance incentives: 150k base and massive extras for scoring / assisting. 

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I agree and it is worrying he wants £500k per week. 

Where have you seen that?  The guardian reported a couple of days ago, Haaland wants 300k, If he said he wanted 500k, i doubt we would even be negotiating at this point. 

I think we could get him for around 300k and then give him some decent performance related bonuses. 

Kante is on 290k, and Hazard turned down over 300k before he moved to Madrid, so i think his wages will be manageable. I think tbe sticking block will be the fee to Dortmund, amd the fee the Raiola tbh. 

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

I love how blase everyone is at modern footballer wages ... 520K is too high but 320K (a f**king week) is perfectly acceptable ... its all telephone numbers salaries paid but not earned ... world going to hell in a hand cart ... no sportsman should ever earn 10x a senior nurse ANNUAL salary in one bloody week ...  I thought these Covid times might result in a change in our value system but clearly not ... rant over 🙂

Of course it's absolutely absurd. All of it. But when we're talking about the difference between 520k and 320k then only in the context of the impact on our club's performances and success (lower remaining budget + mood of the squad). There it could make a difference for us as fans.

From a moral viewpoint I've just personally reframed the whole thing at this point. I hardly spend any money on football any more, so if some guys pay some other guy 520k a week for my free entertainment I'll take it.

18 minutes ago, big blue said:

Where have you seen that?  The guardian reported a couple of days ago, Haaland wants 300k, If he said he wanted 500k, i doubt we would even be negotiating at this point. 

I think we could get him for around 300k and then give him some decent performance related bonuses. 

Kante is on 290k, and Hazard turned down over 300k before he moved to Madrid, so i think his wages will be manageable. I think tbe sticking block will be the fee to Dortmund, amd the fee the Raiola tbh. 

On this thread think it was Monday's posts. 

1 hour ago, BordeauxBlue said:

These telephone number salaries make me sick to my stomach. 

No wonder all my student either want to be footballers or marry one... 🤑

However, I'm a huuuge fan of performance incentives: 150k base and massive extras for scoring / assisting. 

You should be encouraging them to go for their dreams.

"The Sunday league is big enough for all of you!"

1 minute ago, evissy said:

I trust the board to make a right decision about salaries and transfer fees. #kepa

Your'e bound to get stung sometimes when your'e competing at the highest level of the transfer market, and we have been stung plenty. But you don't get the honey without getting stung.