Erling Haaland

driller97

21 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Takes time working out a 4 player deal mate.

Haaland and Sancho to us

180mill plus Tammy and CHO loan deal.

Complicated.

We need a new gif

e37abfe0-2072-4eed-9a6e-27f14596c3e3_text.gif

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

We need a new gif

e37abfe0-2072-4eed-9a6e-27f14596c3e3_text.gif

Lol nice.

This one is rather simple for a complicated transfer.

Is either Roman personally wants Halland that badly that he would spend double his buyout clause or more, and pay huge wages to a player that is all potential no proof in a top league yet, and deal with paying that Worm Raiola a huge sum for doing nothing, or he wont.

Cause we cannot afford him otherwise, is down to whether roman values him like a yacht or one of his paintings enough to make an exception or not.

Simplicity in complexity.

On 13/06/2021 at 00:42, Gol15 said:

Sure but Haaland is according to Wikipedia already 1cm taller than mr.Flo so if he keeps growing it might not be the best for his game...

I know it's extremely unlikely but I'm trying to think of any possible ways of this signing failing and I'm pretty sure we won't regret paying 140m... 

Haaland is 6'4". Compared to most NBA players, he'd be average in both height and raw athleticism!

2 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Haaland is 6'4". Compared to most NBA players, he'd be average in both height and raw athleticism!

Not really related I guess but I watched the documentary called Last Dance and the best ever Michael Jordan couldn't play baseball despite being super athletic and 6'6 so I found it interesting that he simply needed to almost start from the very beginning and reshape his whole body just so that he can play a different sport.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Not really related I guess but I watched the documentary called Last Dance and the best ever Michael Jordan couldn't play baseball despite being super athletic and 6'6 so I found it interesting that he simply needed to almost start from the very beginning and reshape his whole body just so that he can play a different sport.

Yeah, raw athletic ability is not enough to cut is as a professional, let alone excel! Jordan was also re-learning the sport in his early 30s, which is a totally different prospect to playing different sports as a kid.

There are probably hundreds of young players with a similar physique and athleticism to Haaland at his age but few of them would have the same technical and mental ability that he does. Chelsea fans will remember guys like Carlton Cole and Frank Nouble who dominated at youth level with a prematurely developed physique, but became very average professionals. It's why it's really hard to scout youth teams and U-23 tournaments to try and pick out potential gems, because at that level sheer athleticism can outweigh ability.

But the flip-side is that athleticism married to technical ability is also the hallmark of the greatest players. Zidane would not have been the player he was without his physical agility; Ronaldo and Messi would not be who they are without their sheer speed off the mark. At the professional level, athleticism (in all its various forms) is often what makes the difference between a good and a truly great player.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

11 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Yikes, he looks a bit like Frankenstein's monster.  Not a handsome lad at all.

I would love an ugly motherf**ker that is mean and scores goals to be honest. And Haaland isn't ugly, he has that Viking look going on. I can see the Chelsea marketing team having a field day with his persona. 

He also strikes me as a good person. He has a bit of that Gudjohnsen clever humour in him. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

I would love an ugly motherf**ker that is mean and scores goals to be honest. And Haaland isn't ugly, he has that Viking look going on. I can see the Chelsea marketing team having a field day with his persona. 

He also strikes me as a good person. He has a bit of that Gudjohnsen clever humour in him. 

Yes he does look rather odd, still it looks like he has a sense of humour too.

I saw clip of someone knocking him illegally off the ball.

He got up and struck a bodybuilders pose smiling so much as if to say,'is this football or MMA?