Erling Haaland

driller97

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund is looking at the Haaland situation like this: yes, they could make an additional 65/70m by selling him this summer, but... if they keep him, qualify for the champions league next season, and also make a decent run in the CL this upcoming season, that could offset the amount they would lose by waiting a year to let Haaland walk. So, if that happens, they could potentially bring in even more money than just selling this summer.

Given they will get money for Sancho this is exactly what I expect from Dortmund.

2 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund is looking at the Haaland situation like this: yes, they could make an additional 65/70m by selling him this summer, but... if they keep him, qualify for the champions league next season, and also make a decent run in the CL this upcoming season, that could offset the amount they would lose by waiting a year to let Haaland walk. So, if that happens, they could potentially bring in even more money than just selling this summer.

If we are all in on getting him we could offer them slightly over the price of the release clause (Say 100 million) and include as part of the terms that he gets loaned back to Dortmund for the entire season next season.

That would fulfill everything Dortmund wants.  

Of course that would leave us without a top striker this year.  And that sucks but it could set us up for success in the future.  

Plus I feel like we did ok without a top striker.  

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Gone very quiet on the haaland front, and pretty quiet on incomings in general. Very different to last summer, where we seemed to be constantly progressing. 

Hakimi is off the psg, which is a shame imo. I thought he couldve added something extra to the attack, especially against those low blocks. 

Sancho looks close to United, i dont think that has ever been an option for us. 

So we are looking to Haaland to fix our goalscoring problems. 

If Haaand is a step beyond what we can do financially, will it be better to go with what we have, or bring in a player with potential? 

Daka, Vlaovic, Isak, Jovic, Silva, Ings, etc Could turn into a master stroke, or could end up another Batshuayi. 

If we dont do anything to improve the attack, will there be a lower expectancy on Tuchel to challenge for the title? 

If we don't get a goal scorer I still believe the pressure is on Tuchel to challenge for the title,I feel without a new striker we have no chance of challenging.

17 hours ago, thebluekid said:

Okay I’m going in big: bookmark this.

Erling Haaland will be with us next season.

I going to go one step further and say we are going to stump up the money for Haaland and off set the cost by signing Mbappe on a free next season, essentially getting them both for a combined bargain price of £150m!  

Source -  My fantastical imagination

21 hours ago, big blue said:

Gone very quiet on the haaland front, and pretty quiet on incomings in general. Very different to last summer, where we seemed to be constantly progressing. 

Hakimi is off the psg, which is a shame imo. I thought he couldve added something extra to the attack, especially against those low blocks. 

Sancho looks close to United, i dont think that has ever been an option for us. 

So we are looking to Haaland to fix our goalscoring problems. 

If Haaand is a step beyond what we can do financially, will it be better to go with what we have, or bring in a player with potential? 

Daka, Vlaovic, Isak, Jovic, Silva, Ings, etc Could turn into a master stroke, or could end up another Batshuayi. 

If we dont do anything to improve the attack, will there be a lower expectancy on Tuchel to challenge for the title? 

I could see us getting Ings.

I looked at Moreno playing for Spain and it looked like he was playing out of position to accommodate Morata. He got an assist and put over a decent overhead cross in the box. He also had one of the funniest looking moments when on the ball a Slovakian was jumping on him and virtually riding piggyback, he was gesturing to the ref, so much as if to say, what does it take before you blow the fxxking whistle? He got the foul and shows he has some decent body strength and won't easily be knocked off the ball.

Can't tell so far whether he puts chances away, stats suggests scores, 1 in 3.

Man City about to sign Grealish for a PL record fee reports say...

I knew deep down that we have to sign this guy and not because he's amazing but because he's by far the most annoying individual player to play against in the whole league and now that will be much worse!!

We failed to secure Haaland and there is no midfielder on sight so it looks like the board thinks that we're good enough, funny how Man City the league winners and CL finalists don't think that they are good enough!!

50 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I knew deep down that we have to sign this guy and not because he's amazing but because he's by far the most annoying individual player to play against in the whole league and now that will be much worse!!

We failed to secure Haaland and there is no midfielder on sight so it looks like the board thinks that we're good enough, funny how Man City the league winners and CL finalists don't think that they are good enough!!

Well if we signed him then he would get the public opinion he deserves. A good player but nowhere near as good as many make out, certainly not a patch on Gazza, an overrated diver etc.

Is the Chelsea effect on England players. 

53 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Nothing is done, until it's done.

And as far as I can tell, the transfer season only just begun; it's far from over.

Let's wait and see.

Our rivals definitely seem more up for the market then this time last year, where we were able to make up a bit of lost ground.

For me, if our rivals grab the likes of Kane grealish sancho varane kounde - then we really need to get this guy and tell the world we see ourselves staying at the very top table! 

1 hour ago, Adamrb said:

Our rivals definitely seem more up for the market then this time last year, where we were able to make up a bit of lost ground.

For me, if our rivals grab the likes of Kane grealish sancho varane kounde - then we really need to get this guy and tell the world we see ourselves staying at the very top table! 

Maybe, or maybe for us is all about the players we get back or already have.

Kane - Broja

Grealish - Havertz

Sancho - CHO

Varane - T. Chalobah

Kounde - Guhri

Rice - Ampadu

Locatelli - Gallagher

Edited by axman2526

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Kane - Broja

Grealish - Havertz

Sancho - CHO

Varane - T. Chalobah

Kounde - Guhri

Rice - Ampadu

Locatelli - Gallagher

It looks even more underwhelming, when you put it that way... nothing against the players you listed, they are all good and talented players and 1 or 2 of them (not counting Havertz) might end up good enough starting for us, but bar Havertz none of these players holds a candle to the ones you compared them with at this moment in time, and history has shown that most of them won't end up bring good enough. 

I mean you're comparing someone who has scored nearly 200 goals in the PL to someone who has scored 7 goals for Vitesse, someone who has won 3 CL's a WC and some la Liga titles to someone who has never even played in the PL... Actually the more I'm writing about this, the more I'm questioning whether you were actually serious or just being sarcastic. If so, then you got me good. 😂

Edited by True Blue23

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Kane - Broja

Grealish - Havertz

Sancho - CHO

Varane - T. Chalobah

Kounde - Guhri

Rice - Ampadu

Locatelli - Gallagher

Nothing against our players, I mean, who the f**k knows right?

But that feels like the most optimistic post I’ve seen in a long time. Yes our academy is good, but how many of our academy players are you devastated don’t play for us any more. KDB doesn’t count remember. We’ve never had a pogba Sanchez type cock up yet. The chances of two of those players becoming top top level are very slim. 

I have no idea if any of those youngster make it here. One with the best chance I did not even list, Gilmour. 

Will see if TT hangs on to any of them for this season. If are doing transfer business then kudos to the club because nothing is getting out to the media at the mo and it seems like we are doing nothing.

Actually I can see the logic in what axman said, barring Kane and Varane (and Sancho to an extent), the others are all talented yes, but not a certainty by any means and some just had their breakthrough season. It's still up in the air if it's an outlier or a definite step up. 

Grealish for all the hype missed yet another 1/3 of the season with injury (19/20 being the only recent season in which he didn't). Havertz kinda did as well and is still sort of a "new signing" as we've barely seen what he can do as a definite starter week in week out. 

What's stopping Gallagher to be as good as Locatelli? The Italian found game time hard to come at Milan, even though he already showed promise, then moved to Sassuolo to improve and did just that. Gallagher may well be the same case. Rice apparently isn't impressing anyone at the Euro (I didn't watch any England games so can't say for certain). 

I'm fairly confident we'll get a new signing, but it's far from a desperate situation and we don't need to rush any moves just because our rivals are rumoured to do so while the transfer window isn't even open yet. 

Last summer we did alright so no reason to believe we won't keep it up. It's not like if we had to defend our PL title 😅

1 hour ago, Brigadeiro said:

Actually I can see the logic in what axman said, barring Kane and Varane (and Sancho to an extent), the others are all talented yes, but not a certainty by any means and some just had their breakthrough season. It's still up in the air if it's an outlier or a definite step up. 

Grealish for all the hype missed yet another 1/3 of the season with injury (19/20 being the only recent season in which he didn't). Havertz kinda did as well and is still sort of a "new signing" as we've barely seen what he can do as a definite starter week in week out. 

What's stopping Gallagher to be as good as Locatelli? The Italian found game time hard to come at Milan, even though he already showed promise, then moved to Sassuolo to improve and did just that. Gallagher may well be the same case. Rice apparently isn't impressing anyone at the Euro (I didn't watch any England games so can't say for certain). 

I'm fairly confident we'll get a new signing, but it's far from a desperate situation and we don't need to rush any moves just because our rivals are rumoured to do so while the transfer window isn't even open yet. 

Last summer we did alright so no reason to believe we won't keep it up. It's not like if we had to defend our PL title 😅

Honestly my only disappointment so far is that we did not snap up Patson Daka as I feel he could really have done something for us up top 

Hakimi? Dont care, rather CHO gets more game time and Reece is a diamond imo.

Haaland? Please I find it really funny some think we had a genuine chance of signing him. Has been well written his career has been mapped out before he joined Salzburg, and it did not include us, who he let it be know he seems as a small team not good enough for him.

Sancho and Rice? Chelsea fans so would be really nice but again at prices quoted is a lot. We got a real gem in Havartz for less. For that money in would expect to sign a prime David Ginola and Patrick Viera.

Who else? Kane? He is a spud,  enough said.

Grealish? He is a c*nt, enough said.

Anyone else?

As I have said before Daka would have been a signing with a real potential upside. Bissouma and White could also have added a bit to us too for a lot less than other big signings. Probably could have got all 3 for just over 100mill.

thebluekid has hardly got anything right but he was correct that we are favourites for Haaland in british betting shops. I don't think the betting odds mean anything. I've looked at whether betting odds are any better than opinion polls at elections for instance and they aren't. Actually since then Man City are a touch tighter. 

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/erling-haaland/club-after-summer-transfer-window

I don't think think Ampadu and Broja are then answers and I think the Chelsea management understand the value of the talent they have pretty well. We tend to vastly over rate the youngsters . Most of the guys that go on loan to other clubs struggle to even make the teams they go to, Ampadu is a classic example.Some succeed but most don't make it to the highest level.

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

thebluekid has hardly got anything right but he was correct that we are favourites for Haaland in british betting shops. I don't think the betting odds mean anything. I've looked at whether betting odds are any better than opinion polls at elections for instance and they aren't. Actually since then Man City are a touch tighter. 

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/erling-haaland/club-after-summer-transfer-window

I don't think think Ampadu and Broja are then answers and I think the Chelsea management understand the value of the talent they have pretty well. We tend to vastly over rate the youngsters . Most of the guys that go on loan to other clubs struggle to even make the teams they go to, Ampadu is a classic example.Some succeed but most don't make it to the highest level.

Mount had 2 loans, Vitesse and Derby. Shined at both though was outshone by Tomori at the latter.

James one loan, Wigan, where he was really good. 

Broja has had one at Vitesse, no chance at championship yet. 

Worth remembering Trevour Chalobah played well in the championship and now in France. He could be a real option. Gallagher also did quite well at WBA. 

Not a betting man but think those two, along with Broja and Ampadu, have a chance at the squad. May be either Chalobah or Ampadu with Gallagher replacing Gilmour.

Guehi has also done well, Anjorin trains with the first squad and so on. None of them is a Haaland or a Havertz. I think I am right in saying that Mount is the first junior to establish himself as a nailed on first 11 starter since Terry. And there have a lot through the ranks since then.