Erling Haaland

4 hours ago, Night-T said:

I wish. Sadly enough I believe he will get better offers. 

Like someone already mentioned, he is a player that fits everywhere. 

Maybe next year when his release clause comes into play but this summer window I think only a few clubs can afford him and fortunately we are one of them.

Wishful thinking to be honest. We just signed one of the best from the German league and couldn't get much out of him, why would Halland risk his career by joining us? This adds to we are unlikely to have another huge spending spree next summer, and probably not in the CL.

3 hours ago, forbzy said:

If we really wanted him you have to wonder why we didn't make an advance deal when he was available last season? We could have agreed a fee even during the transfer ban I think.

His career is basically being fully controlled by his agent, he took him to dorrmund and equally will decide where he goes next and when. 

18 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Weren't we saying similar things about Werner in the summer?

Werner was never perfect for us out of the box, it was always clear he had a lot of adapting to do due to him not being the most physical player and having thrived in a system we never use. His technique hasn't been up to a standard a lone lightweight CF should have either, his first touch especially lets him down more often than not. No use of all that pace if you can't control the ball (or more importantly, finish).

We have found success in strong, aggressive target man type strikers. Haaland is built like a tank at such a young age and has proved himself as a lone striker. Werner has always been a second striker, so there were always question marks over him.

We have no chance of getting him unless we get CL football next season, and make him the highest paid player ever, he ain’t gonna “buy into any project” without CL when he literally has the choice of any European top club, he just has to name his wage and pick!!

Am sure he’s keeping an eye on Werner and Havertz progress and licking his lips thinking “ I can play on the wing or in midfield for Chelsea too” How exciting 😂😂😂

On 19.1.2021 at 11:23, icecoolguy22 said:

Wishful thinking to be honest. We just signed one of the best from the German league and couldn't get much out of him, why would Halland risk his career by joining us? This adds to we are unlikely to have another huge spending spree next summer, and probably not in the CL.

So we have already ruined Werner and or Havertz some 20 games in.... 😁

On 23/01/2021 at 11:42, Slojo said:

If we ever got this guy, that would be Tammy's career goodbye wouldn't it? Unless we truly want to bin Werner which I doubt, we gave Morata another season. 

Maybe we have other plans for Werner. Maybe we want him to play off Haaland, so I guess Abraham would still be 2nd choice striker if that makes sense.

On 23/01/2021 at 11:42, Slojo said:

If we ever got this guy, that would be Tammy's career goodbye wouldn't it? Unless we truly want to bin Werner which I doubt, we gave Morata another season. 

If we got this guy it would be outrageous. 

Barring injuries he's a future multiple ballon dor winner. Tammy will be his backup and Tammy will be delighted. 

I am certain he isn't going to come here. All the noise is simply because it's an easy story to write and get clicks. Chelsea have a german manager, will they them sign the most exciting player in world football who is currently in germany? 

Edited by bisright1

Part of me wants him. Another part of me is scared that he'll flop. 

Plenty of talented strikers has flopped at Chelsea.

The theme seems to be the team sorely lacks finishers but we buy only the finishers and they flop. The only ones to succeed per se are those who can fashion a chance by themselves. 

If he can do that, then he could flourish