Erling Haaland

driller97

On 18/07/2021 at 10:13, Drogba1 said:

Yeah it doesn't make sense. They ended up having to sell Sancho for cheap due to being stubborn last year and now they're trying to do the same for Haaland? If that 68m release clause is true next season they'd be getting ripped off badly

The thing is that Dortmund are concerned about if they will qualify for the Champion's league without Haaland and being in the Champion's league is also a big pay day.  

So they are likely figuring into transfer demands the loss of revenue from not qualifying for the Champion's league next season.

Wow the Bundesliga Arsenal, functional, no real ambition, even with the Goal machine, they didn’t exactly ‘Tear it up’ in the Bundesliga, in fact they mightily struggled for CL qualification, Take the 200 million and turn yourself into contenders ffs….

Edited by Ballack & Blu

59 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Wow the Bundesliga Arsenal, functional, no real ambition, even with the Goal machine, they didn’t exactly ‘Tear it up’ in the Bundesliga, in fact they mightily struggled for CL qualification, Take the 200 million and turn yourself into contenders ffs….

Honestly, if 200 million could turn a team into a contender that easily we would have been champions on Conte's 2nd season and we all know how that turned out. It's not that easy to spend such a large sum, especially if you're the "Bundesliga Arsenal" so why would good players go play there? 

Someone already said it here, but this is Dortmund's best chance to pip Bayern to the title in years. Yes, they struggled last year, but they've got a new manager now and instead of selling Haaland and then trying to find someone new to HOPEFULLY come up with the goods, why not stick up with the proven one? If we're the ones doing that we'd be fuming at how our board doesn't care about football and only about money.

People are acting like Dortmund are desperate for money, but they aren't. They trust their project and it's proven to be both solid on and off the field, and a few bumps on the road haven't got them off the track, plus they've qualified for the CL every single year since the last decade, a feat even us didn't manage to match. 

3 hours ago, Brigadeiro said:

Honestly, if 200 million could turn a team into a contender that easily we would have been champions on Conte's 2nd season and we all know how that turned out. It's not that easy to spend such a large sum, especially if you're the "Bundesliga Arsenal" so why would good players go play there? 

Someone already said it here, but this is Dortmund's best chance to pip Bayern to the title in years. Yes, they struggled last year, but they've got a new manager now and instead of selling Haaland and then trying to find someone new to HOPEFULLY come up with the goods, why not stick up with the proven one? If we're the ones doing that we'd be fuming at how our board doesn't care about football and only about money.

People are acting like Dortmund are desperate for money, but they aren't. They trust their project and it's proven to be both solid on and off the field, and a few bumps on the road haven't got them off the track, plus they've qualified for the CL every single year since the last decade, a feat even us didn't manage to match. 

But they are fundamentally a selling club, nurture talent, and sell for huge profit, always, usually with Bayern creaming the crop, also they are still behind Bayern, and unless they replace Sancho????, they will be chasing BM, 

3 hours ago, Brigadeiro said:

....... they've qualified for the CL every single year since the last decade, a feat even us didn't manage to match. 

Not that difficult to do if you don't have to face the likes of ManU, City,  Liverpool, Tottenham and Leicester on a weekly basis. 

Remember Bats was able to score 7 goals in 10 games for them in the Bundi. 

But they are fundamentally a selling club, nurture talent, and sell for huge profit, always, usually with Bayern creaming the crop, also they are still behind Bayern, and unless they replace Sancho????, they will be chasing BM, 

They'll be chasing BM nevertheless. That's exactly where the problem lies though. How do you replace Sancho and keep the pressure on Bayern? How do you replace Haaland? They're a selling club alright, but they do try to keep competitive, even when their players start requesting moves to Bayern. It's tough to be on their shoes because it doesn't matter what they do, they'll always be overpowered. Unless they do go for a totally different approach which got them on this new found stability. 

37 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

Not that difficult to do if you don't have to face the likes of ManU, City,  Liverpool, Tottenham and Leicester on a weekly basis. 

Remember Bats was able to score 7 goals in 10 games for them in the Bundi. 

Definitely easier, no question. But they also don't usually have the best players available on their prime because they usually ask for a move, so instead they have to rely on Bats to get them through the whole season, imagine that.

I did get my info wrong though, so my bad, because they've missed CL on Klopp's last season there when they'd imploded. Still this kinda proves my point that even when they have setbacks, it won't ruin their business model so they can afford to gamble on sticking up with Haaland and missing out on 70m next year if they believe he'll bring general interest to the club and still lead them to another year of qualifying for CL and possibly challenging for the title. For every penny they missed on Sancho this year instead of selling him last season, they probably got it back with his goals, assists, marketing that put them on next season's CL. (And they still got 80m, which is not "cheap" at all).

Anyway, I do want Haaland, just don't think Dortmund will bend over to us nor think they actually should. 

15 minutes ago, Brigadeiro said:

Still this kinda proves my point that even when they have setbacks, it won't ruin their business model so they can afford to gamble on sticking up with Haaland and missing out on 70m next year if they believe he'll bring general interest to the club and still lead them to another year of qualifying for CL and possibly challenging for the title. For every penny they missed on Sancho this year instead of selling him last season, they probably got it back with his goals, assists, marketing that put them on next season's CL. (And they still got 80m, which is not "cheap" at all).

Anyway, I do want Haaland, just don't think Dortmund will bend over to us nor think they actually should. 

The quoted fees for last year were around only 90m so they almost certainly did not lose out when you consider his added value on the pitch. 

It's the same situation with Haaland, his footballing value far outstrips the 50m or so they might lose if they let him go a season early. In fact with Sancho gone, Haaland moves from being Dortmund's best chance of CL revenue to Dortmund's only chance of CL revenue.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

On 16/07/2021 at 11:19, thebluekid said:

It makes it easier to accept and not be obsessed by it if you understand the whole idea is a pipe dream and nothing more than that haha. It’s like that time we were linked to Kaka and he signed for Madrid. Just accept we ain’t that level of club and move on ain’t it. Simples.

Ffs we just won a second champions league. How exactly do you become 'that level of a club' if after 16 successful years, we arent ?

6 hours ago, evissy said:

I really don't understand the idea where they sold Sancho is blocking someone buying Haaland. That is just something reporters put together. 

No it isn’t, they have been clear that they were only willing to lose one. If we were serious about buying him we should have tied it up before they sold Sancho.

Think this one is closed, because Halaand has reportedly told friends he is staying.

14 hours ago, Valpo said:

The thing is that Dortmund are concerned about if they will qualify for the Champion's league without Haaland and being in the Champion's league is also a big pay day.  

So they are likely figuring into transfer demands the loss of revenue from not qualifying for the Champion's league next season.

Dortmund are just a feeder club...never going to win anything of note, but will certainly be a rich bastards in the process. I'd be after their scouts if we can't afford their players. How are they managing to sign all these 'gems' and turn them into superstars, while the big clubs, EPL in particular, are wandering around aimlessly in the dark throwing their money around on kids in their Academy's, that at best become average or above average players.  Its only recently that the crop of youngsters we have had through the Academy have hit the spotlight, or rated highly enough that other clubs come knocking on the door wanting to offer us insane amounts of money; with the exception of JT and one or two others that spent most of their careers at the club, the rest we loaned out or moved on for a few shekels here and there to mediocre clubs.  Surely despite the success in recent years of the Academy there is something wrong with not being able identify and nurture a centre forward? or is it that kids these days all want to be a Messi or a CR7..anyway just a thought as to why we have to chase a 20yr old for an insane amount of money when we supposedly have one of the best Academy's in the world yet have never produced a world class centre forward. 

2 minutes ago, thebluekid said:

Dortmund are releasing a Haaland documentary; this has the Kai Havertz saga scented all over it haha. 

You mean they are releasing a farewell video? 😅

1 minute ago, haviet1 said:

You mean they are releasing a farewell video? 😅

Scenes if it ends up being so! It’s all gone very, very quiet. Which is usually a sign of progressive dealing. Fat boy Raiola readying what pair of size 90 waist chinos he’s going to nab from Harrod’s as we speak.

Lot of money for an unproven player , don't tell me he's scored boat loads of goals in Das Bundesliga bc so did Temo (I run fast but can't shoot on target to save my life) Werner. Imagine if they relented and he cost over a 100 mill and was a turkey like most of the strikers bought by Roman (Kezman, Sheva, Pizarro, Pato, Falcao, Nando Torres, Morata etc.) why not leave him well alone and for once like most other clubs scout a player and bring him in for a sensible fee? NO that would be too easy, so lets watch this play out until deadline day then along with Rice IF  CFC make a move for him as well !!

@General Needs to be looked at as an individual and not in regards to how other strikers that we bought played. When we do that it's kind of obvious that he's a different striker in comparison to Werner. 

You could argue that he might be our next D.Costa capable of scoring 20 goals in the league and that a player like that makes Werner better, now I'm not sure what formation would include Mount, Werner, Havertz and Haaland at the same time but there there is a reason why every big club dreams of signing Haaland.

IMO the chances that he would fail in the PL are very small and that's regardless if he comes here or to Man City.

On 17/07/2021 at 10:25, comtrend said:

We need another CM, if we continue to use 3-4-3. Kovacic is usually injured for several games each season and Kante has also had prolems with injurys in the latest seasons. With Gilmour loaned out we will struggle with 3 players covering those two CM positions.

We have quite a few players who can step into that holding/ defensive mid role though RJ and AC being just 2 off the top of my head, you can then add in CHO, MM, dropping a bit deeper etc.. plenty of short term cover 

I read today that we have offered £135m source ESPN, the comment being why are you effing around, if serious offer the big money as by haggling you are risking them losing patience and giving yourself less time for getting other players to support Haaland.

22 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I read today that we have offered £135m source ESPN, the comment being why are you effing around, if serious offer the big money as by haggling you are risking them losing patience and giving yourself less time for getting other players to support Haaland.

I dont believe a word of it. That would just be Dortmund slice. Then there is 40mill for Mino, 20mill for Haaland senior, and wages of 300k. We are not smashing our wage structure and our record signing like that.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I dont believe a word of it. That would just be Dortmund slice. Then there is 40mill for Mino, 20mill for Haaland senior, and wages of 300k. We are not smashing our wage structure and our record signing like that.

So the Scenario is, Dortmund don't sell, Mino don't get his 'Mash potato pie', Haaland doesn't get 300k pw, my bet is Raiola is giving Dortmund some earache, about not losing out to us..

So the Scenario is, Dortmund don't sell, Mino don't get his 'Mash potato pie', Haaland doesn't get 300k pw, my bet is Raiola is giving Dortmund some earache, about not losing out to us..

Oh I am sure he is, this is quite an opportunity for him as the plan was Dortmund to Real. If he can push Dortmund in to selling he can get his fee from us then start pushing us to sell to Real from next summer onwards.

21 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Oh I am sure he is, this is quite an opportunity for him as the plan was Dortmund to Real. If he can push Dortmund in to selling he can get his fee from us then start pushing us to sell to Real from next summer onwards.

And we stick a £200 million price on his head, can you imagine Raiola trying to bully Roman to bend to his whims, 'He'll Sleep with da Feeeeshes'

its in a lot of the papers that we are readying a colossal 135 million bid, i just wonder what our ceiling is, an extra 15 million aint a deal breaker after submitting 135, just shove 150 and say take it or leave it, then Dortmund will be laughs off the pitch, hell they could buy Lewa back, and who ever else they deem necessary..