Jump to content

Erling Haaland


driller97
 Share

Recommended Posts


Dortmund will have their third manager in 9 months at the start of the 21/22 season. They also are experiencing some financial difficulties and likely will need to sell some players this Summer. Harland is clearly their top player and will generate the highest transfer fee. He is strong, fast and physical so he will be well suited for the Premier League. He would be a great addition if Chelsea were able to acquire him 

 

PS- Bellingham would be another player to target as a midfielder. He is only 18 however you can see that the talent is there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many see Haaland as the new superstar to lead the new generation together with Mbappe, if we can sign him and prevent Man City from replacing Aguero with him that would be probably the best move the club could have done for the next 5+ years. But till it happens I'll remain skeptical, I think there is a high chance that he goes to Real Madrid or Man City than coming here sadly...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I highly doubt we'll be Haaland's first choice but this is where him being a Raiola client could come to our advantage. Personnel preference of the player doesn't really come into it with him, cough up the cash that greedy f**k demands and he's ours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marina all over this no doubt, returns look nailed on after a few years then end up in Spain once they’ve recovered from stadia enhancements and corona debt. As mentioned above, if he ends up at City then dear me, that’s it for the league, scary thing is City’s ownership have already overtaken Roman’s legacy here with an extra title already, imagine if they got Haaland. 

Unfortunately Tammy’s Ceiling isn’t getting higher, as we’ve had plenty of time now to establish that, he can’t complain. 

Edited by Term_X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

Swap with Tammy/Giroud or both? 

f**k me, I would replace Tammy, Giroud and Werner with Haaland.

But are we realistically in with a shout? We're not quite the draw we once were and won't Munich, City and Barca all be more attractive for him?

But it would be great if we could get him. Boy, how toothless we look in attack at the moment and have done for some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Nibs said:

f**k me, I would replace Tammy, Giroud and Werner with Haaland.

But are we realistically in with a shout? We're not quite the draw we once were and won't Munich, City and Barca all be more attractive for him?

But it would be great if we could get him. Boy, how toothless we look in attack at the moment and have done for some time.

Munich, City or RM maybe. Barca is in a slow implosion. 

It's up to Raiola really. Toss some cash for him and Haaland is ours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rumour has it we want both Haaland and Sancho...

I'm going to level with people I love this player (Erling) I think he's great and if he avoids the striker curse really could take us to the next level. I am however, very sceptical about signing him for the amount of money he wants and the likelihood he would choose us.

If the reports are to believe he wants a whopping £300k a week or £78m across 5 years. Add in the £70-100m price tag and this deal is ginormous!!

I can't see us investing that much into a 20 year old I could be wrong ofc and we will compete but once we offer our pay packet, Haaland and his greedy agent may not find it sufficient. One can only imagine the lucrative deals City or Real could offer let alone Barca if they manage to sort finances and make sales.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect he will go to City. They will be in the market for a new striker when Aguero leaves/retires, they can offer big money, and he has the connection with the club through his Dad. That being said I would be delighted if we manage to sign him. Perhaps we can offer a partial trade with Havertz going the other way, or will we owe them more that way?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I’ve really only seen him in clips but he looks the real deal. Very strong for a 20 year old and seems he doesn’t get bullied. Technique looks brilliant. 

I’d imagine he will be spoilt for choice when he decides to move. A big fee and huge wages are almost guaranteed so he and his agent will surely look at other things to decide where his further will lie. Surely it will not come down to who offers the most.

He should be looking at the style of football, the manager, team and image profile, and for a striker the number of chances created. 

We fall terribly short on style of play and chances and if I was advising as a neutral,  Chelsea would be the last of the clubs rumoured  I’d go for.

Can’t see it happening for us, not unless he sees some sort challenge to crab a average team and do what Maradona done for Napoli but why would he.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, goose said:

I’ve really only seen him in clips but he looks the real deal. Very strong for a 20 year old and seems he doesn’t get bullied. Technique looks brilliant. 

I’d imagine he will be spoilt for choice when he decides to move. A big fee and huge wages are almost guaranteed so he and his agent will surely look at other things to decide where his further will lie. Surely it will not come down to who offers the most.

He should be looking at the style of football, the manager, team and image profile, and for a striker the number of chances created. 

We fall terribly short on style of play and chances and if I was advising as a neutral,  Chelsea would be the last of the clubs rumoured  I’d go for.

Can’t see it happening for us, not unless he sees some sort challenge to crab a average team and do what Maradona done for Napoli but why would he.

He's the real deal alright. Shame about the agent. The chance to get him was when he went to Dortmund not now. He's going to a Madrid level club, sadly we're not at that level anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd love to see him playing here but I can't imagine him and Werner playing alongside very well. Not the greatest fan of Werner myself tbh but to ship him out after one season is a bit much (and would financially make the whole Haarland deal even more expensive).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, weetee said:

I'd love to see him playing here but I can't imagine him and Werner playing alongside very well. Not the greatest fan of Werner myself tbh but to ship him out after one season is a bit much (and would financially make the whole Haarland deal even more expensive).

Why not? Werner thrives when he can play off another striker. And Haaland is tall, physical and capable of making the ball stick and then laying it off for Werner. If we stand a chance to get him, we should go all out. It would be great to have a player of that calibre at Chelsea again.

Edited by True Blue23
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, True Blue23 said:

Why not? Werner thrives when he can play off another striker. And Haaland is tall, physical and capable of making the ball stick and then laying it off for Werner. If we stand a chance to get him, we should go all out. It would be great to have a player of that calibre at Chelsea again.

Yea, that's what I was saying: get him by all means, he's a supreme striker. Nevertheless I don't think Werner is a good pairing since they are both waiting for a through ball to cut into the box and shoot. Of course they can play along but I'd say it's not the best pairing. Haaland is not the Lewandowski/Benzema type to support Werner and Werner is not the Dybala/Neymar kinda player who supports the main No.9 with passes and such. Could work of course since I have obvisouly never seen them together but I doubt that.

Edited by weetee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, True Blue23 said:

Why not? Werner thrives when he can play off another striker. And Haaland is tall, physical and capable of making the ball stick and then laying it off for Werner. If we stand a chance to get him, we should go all out. It would be great to have a player of that calibre at Chelsea again.

He has looked better playing wide for us more so than centrally, I think he could play well with a striker like Haaland, though I haven't seen enough of him to know how he is with the ball, combining with others etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, weetee said:

Yea, that's what I was saying: get him by all means, he's a supreme striker. Nevertheless I don't think Werner is a good pairing since they are both waiting for a through ball to cut into the box and shoot. Of course they can play along but I'd say it's not the best pairing. Haaland is not the Lewandowski/Benzema type to support Werner and Werner is not the Dybala/Neymar kinda player who supports the main No.9 with passes and such. Could work of course since I have obvisouly never seen them together but I doubt that.

I have to admit I don't know Haaland very well, I've just seen him in some Champions League games, but to me he seems like the kind of striker, who's also very capable of holding up the ball. To me it seems like a fit but as I said I'm not sure because I haven't got a lot of knowledge about the player. 

But in my head I don't plan with Werner for the long run anyway. It's not entirely objective, because I just don't like him as a player, but I can't see him really making it here. There are just too many holes in his game. He does come up with a decisive contribution more regularly than most of our other players at the moment, so I would still play him right now, but if we get new players or some of our clearly very talented attacking players hit form, I don't see him as a starter anymore. He's just so wasteful with the ball. His first touch is the worst I've seen in a Chelsea attacking player in a long time, his passing and his link up is below average, and he hasn't got any great physical attributes bar his speed. If some of Pulisic, CHO, Havertz, who are clearly way better footballers than Werner, start delivering in those forward positions and we get a new striker, then I just don't see a lot of space left for him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

I have to admit I don't know Haaland very well, I've just seen him in some Champions League games, but to me he seems like the kind of striker, who's also very capable of holding up the ball. To me it seems like a fit but as I said I'm not sure because I haven't got a lot of knowledge about the player. 

But in my head I don't plan with Werner for the long run anyway. It's not entirely objective, because I just don't like him as a player, but I can't see him really making it here. There are just too many holes in his game. He does come up with a decisive contribution more regularly than most of our other players at the moment, so I would still play him right now, but if we get new players or some of our clearly very talented attacking players hit form, I don't see him as a starter anymore. He's just so wasteful with the ball. His first touch is the worst I've seen in a Chelsea attacking player in a long time, his passing and his link up is below average, and he hasn't got any great physical attributes bar his speed. If some of Pulisic, CHO, Havertz, who are clearly way better footballers than Werner, start delivering in those forward positions and we get a new striker, then I just don't see a lot of space left for him.  

I'm from Germany so I see quite a lot of Haaland - not every 90min of course but a good deal. He's not (yet) the man to hold the ball and bring others into play - at least that's not how I see him. He rather waits and let the other combine, pass-pass etc and then explodes with his great runs into the box. He does have the body and technique to play as some kind of ball distributing target man but somehow that would be a new role for him and I don't think buying a top player for top dollar to make him play a different set to fit him in is a good idea. If he learns / adjusts that well and that fast it may work but imho it would mean for Werner: play at the left side wide open to make runs and serve Haaland. Good counter-attacking together with CHO I guess but since Werner is such a (great) one-dimensional player I'd say you rather sell him if you can get Haaland. Which I would do, no misunderstandings here, but I'm not sure if that's not making the Haaland deal a bit more unrealistic than it already is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!