Erling Haaland

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

What are the chances he could be like Werner in the PL, there was absolutely no sign prior to his arrival, that he wouldn't fire like he did for Leipzig?

He's a bit younger so he might need some time to adapt but the risk should be low for a top player in general...

1 minute ago, Ballack & Blu said:

With 38 goals for Leipzig, i genuinely didn't see an issue with him settling and reproducing the same form for us?

I don't see any issues either, for me guys like Haaland want to be the best and they are cold blooded.

This is why I fear that Man City will sign him because they need a new "Aguero" and it would be crazy to go from one of the top 5 strikers that the PL has ever had to potentially another new one directly right after...

IMO if we sign this guy it would be one of the biggest steals that we have ever done.

I think he's absolutely world class and it therefore may sound silly, but I think I'm actually against this. We've spent roughly 150m on our attack last summer and we could only spend another 90m on it this summer if we assume those were failed spendings. I disagree with that.

First of all I agree that Haaland-Werner is not a good pairing. But I believe in Werner. I'm not saying he's the potential future ballon d'or winner that I consider Haaland, but if deployed in the right way, I can see him being part of a title-winning side for us. His game needs to be carried by a natural flow and self-confidence like it has been at Leipzig and in his first turbulent 7 months at Chelsea it simply hasn't always been that way. But he'll get there. Two years down the line I would love to see Werner-Havertz as a lethal and unpredictable front pairing feared across England and Europe.

What I'd love to see next summer is for us to splash the cash sensibly, by throwing it at a world-class CDM + CB such as Rice + Gimenez. That alone could cost us 150m again but it would seriously improve us. It's definitely not gonna happen on top of Haaland (and Sancho).

18 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

All the smoke lately has been around a big spend this summer on a striker, a CB, and potentially a defensive mid. Be interesting to see what happens.

If we manage to get a proper CB and a new good and more classical DM I would be happy with that even if we don't get to sign Haaland.

20 hours ago, Gol15 said:

If we manage to get a proper CB and a new good and more classical DM I would be happy with that even if we don't get to sign Haaland.

I could see someone like Marquinhos (or to a lesser extent Danilo) turn up - a player that can play both roles, CB and CDM alike - if possible. Although I don't really see it (yet) with the Chelsea squad I'd say Tuchel's ideal is an almost seamless transformation between 523 and 433 in game without having to sub players in / out like he played at times with Paris. Not sure if Christensen potentially could do it but neither Rüdiger, Zouma or Thiago can play that way. Nor Jorginho vice versa. That way you gain a lot of flexibility on the pitch and don't clock up your bench. Not really seeing it atm though because Azpi/Alonso/Chillwell aren't that felxible (assuming Chillwell isn't, maybe he can adapt) - and not sure about James in a back four since I haven't seen him play that role although I guess he can play that.

Edited by weetee
2 hours ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Yes because it's the defense is where all our problems are🙄

Unless you expect us to always play with 3 at the back... T.Silva might not get a new contract and in that case he leaves in the summer. Every great team has a defensive leader, we don't have that anymore.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Unless you expect us to always play with 3 at the back... T.Silva might not get a new contract and in that case he leaves in the summer. Every great team has a defensive leader, we don't have that anymore.

Every game so fare tuchel has started with a back three so it's probably not wrong to assume that he'll stick with a back three into the future.

We've proven already that we're solid with the three central defenders with or without silva.

We could have prim JT in that defense and still wouldn't hit a barn door.We need a clinical striker if we're gonna get anywhere near city next season.

1 hour ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Every game so fare tuchel has started with a back three so it's probably not wrong to assume that he'll stick with a back three into the future.

We've proven already that we're solid with the three central defenders with or without silva.

We could have prim JT in that defense and still wouldn't hit a barn door.We need a clinical striker if we're gonna get anywhere near city next season.

Next season I expect Timo and Kai to be much better anyway.

We have also Pulisic and Chiwell that can't fit in this current formation, IMO Tuchel won't play with the back 3 in the future but right now we don't really have the time to change it due to so many important games.

I don't believe that we can ever get near Man City with Christensen, Rudiger and Zouma but I believe that Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Abraham, Mount can grow into great attacking players.

Just thought I'll add this here from the other thread:

17 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Another Week Another Matt Law appearance on London is Blue, Highlights as follows:

• Chelsea have an interest in Haaland, to be more precise Roman is interested in bringing Haaland to Chelsea. No discount from Dortmund and the total cost of bringing Haaland to Stamford Bridge will be in the region of £200m which includes agent fees.
  • The transfer has a very Hazardesque feel to it because it involves once a decade opportunity to sign a truly elite player for whom the next move will be most likely the club he will spend majority of his career at due to the size of the move. Chelsea paid big agent fees to bring Hazard to Chelsea and will need to do the same if they want to secure Haaland, only 3 PL clubs can realistically afford Haaland; United, Chelsea & City however City need to be careful with FFP. PSG's interest will depend on the Mbappe situation.
  • Matt not too sure about the credibility of the news surrounding Tammy wanting to leave and not willing to negotiate contract, both parties are not in a rush to get into negotiation. Chelsea tend to start negotiation when a player has <2 years on contract which is the stage at the end of the season. Tammy will fight for his place even if Haaland is signed, if he is not getting game time then he may consider his options. Matt's opinion is that he is hugely underrated at Chelsea and underpaid at £70k p/w, top scorer last season and top scorer so far this season.

No doubt this piece of gossip has already been posted on here:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-erling-haaland-23528055

At least we can use the money we saved because we weren't happy about paying for his agent's fees to help fund our bid (now that his value and associated agent's fees have skyrocketed).

Edited by Backbiter
1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

No doubt this piece of gossip has already been posted on here:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-erling-haaland-23528055

At least we can use the money we saved because we weren't happy about paying for his agent's fees to help fund our bid (now that his value and associated agent's fees have skyrocketed).

Funny how it goes, that. Who knows, perhaps he wouldn’t be the player he is now if we’d have bought him back then rather than Dortmund.

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Our team is crying out for some creativity, Get Grealish and Haaland, we will score more than we concede, seemples..

If we manage to sign Haaland ahead of Man City it would be the biggest steal ever and Pep will lose his mind... 

I still think that we need to build the team around Mount and Havertz and we have CHO and Pulisic still relatively young - switch to a back 4 and get Haaland only if possible.