Erling Haaland

driller97

34 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

The man is an absolute machine, 2 goals against Bayern and we’re only 10 minutes into the game. Wow.

And the master replies with two of his own before half time.

Lewandowski is still lethal.

That's a good point @Ballack & Blu though I think that with a top player the risk would be minimal we are talking about a young player that would probably need some months to adapt and he could end up having issues just because if we are to buy him the price and the expectation would be huge so he would have a huge pressure to score goals for us simply because we have been struggling when it comes to that.

Maybe a more experienced top striker that could start contributing fast is what we really need, I think we got the max out of Giroud so if we got get someone with more experience that would help our young wingers as well...

15 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

This time last Year, Haaland would of been seen as we saw Werner, 2nd best in the Bundesliga behind goal machine Lewa, he may also not cut it here either?

Haaland is a completely different player from Werner.

10 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Haaland is a completely different player from Werner.

Why, they both Scored stacks in the Bundesliga, Werner finishing last year was as sublime if not sometimes as Thunderous, I just made the supposition they are both in the same bracket, Haaland still looks very Raw, but is an instinctive finisher, Werner looks a bit shell shocked got to work on that first touch though it’s very 60/40..... 

does anyone actually believe we have a chance here. Regardless of a Top 4 finish or not, I just don't see it sadly

he is at a different level to Werner and Havertz in my opinion - and the rest of the world wants him as well. we had little competition last summer for our guys

4 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Why, they both Scored stacks in the Bundesliga, Werner finishing last year was as sublime if not sometimes as Thunderous, I just made the supposition they are both in the same bracket, Haaland still looks very Raw, but is an instinctive finisher, Werner looks a bit shell shocked got to work on that first touch though it’s very 60/40..... 

Werner was an inside forward who was a key piece of a very fast and vertical Leipzig system. He played off other strikers and feasted on counterpresses and transitions. 

Haaland is a true CF. If you don't see why he's special then I don't know what to tell you. No clue why Chelsea fans are so afraid of spending money. 

2 hours ago, Adamrb said:

does anyone actually believe we have a chance here. Regardless of a Top 4 finish or not, I just don't see it sadly

he is at a different level to Werner and Havertz in my opinion - and the rest of the world wants him as well. we had little competition last summer for our guys

If we do sign him it will be one of the biggest steals ever simply because Man City would really want him as a replacement for Aguero and they have almost always got their target in the recent years...

4 minutes ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Werner was an inside forward who was a key piece of a very fast and vertical Leipzig system. He played off other strikers and feasted on counterpresses and transitions. 

Haaland is a true CF. If you don't see why he's special then I don't know what to tell you. No clue why Chelsea fans are so afraid of spending money. 

I see exactly why he’s special, we need an Aguerro, Suarez type, someone who will stick the ball away as a box player, we create chances, loads of chances, just not got that, even a Defoe in his day would of thrived...

19 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

One of the Rags reporting, Massive swap deal with Werner and significant Cash for Haaland?

Yea, just read about that and tbh it doesn't sound that far fetched (wishful thinking ofc but still) since at least Dortmund is always keen to snatch up every halfway talented German player who is part of the national team that got snubbed by Bayern. I think there's a roundabout 15-20% chance of signing him for Chelsea so crossing fingers.

4 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

One of the Rags reporting, Massive swap deal with Werner and significant Cash for Haaland?

Wouldn't Werner need to be part of that equation? It seems like an awful lot of getting people to all being on the same page, including their agents, to complete these types of deals.

1 hour ago, Zaphod2319 said:

Wouldn't Werner need to be part of that equation? It seems like an awful lot of getting people to all being on the same page, including their agents, to complete these types of deals.

Dear me, thats just being so sensible, we like to create chaotic from a calm swell....

16 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Am I the only one that doesn't like the sound of giving up on Werner? I know he ain't scoring atm but I just feel he will get through it, and with his speed, an amazing asset. 

Let them take ziyech instead, at least werner looks like he gives a sh*t, doesn't give up and/or sulk. 

If I had to put my money on it I'd bet Kane to City and Haaland to United this summer.

I believe Pep would consider Kane technically far superior to Haaland, he's at the right age and it might be the right time for him this summer. Might wanna try to win a title at some point.

Out of the remaining suitors for Haaland, United surely is one of the most solvent and they're also an obvious fit. Cavani will be gone, Martial is a pretty useless center forward so it would be the obvious transfer to try and compete for the League next season.

And us? I'm just not sure if I'm as eager on this transfer as some of us. Will he become an absolute superstar? Probably. But do we need an absolute superstar? We have a brilliant squad structure right now, great quality in all places but no one standout player getting all the attention, which I quite like.

We also just bought a bundesliga striker with pretty much the same statistics last summer, for a third of the rumoured price. Many will point out that Haaland at Dortmund is already much better than Werner was at Leipzig, but maybe he is simply more charismatic. No one guarantees you that 150m Haaland won't also need some time to get going in the Premier League. And I for one have great belief in the future of a Werner-Havertz partnership.

Ultimately I don't like the look of how this transfer posse is shaping up. I don't want us to bow down and beg that we're worthy of Haaland, pray that we're on some little list of clubs. Let's remember this is about a player who hasn't achieved sh*t yet in his career (in the bigger picture), who is about to partake in the quarter final of a relevant cup competition for the first time in his life. In all fairness all this megalomania doesn't come out of his mouth but his agent`s, but he chose him after all. I kind of fancy us staying out of this one.

On 19/03/2021 at 15:13, Luiz4Chelsea said:

If I had to put my money on it I'd bet Kane to City

I cant see Kane leaving until he is spurs all time top scorer and he has miles to go to catch up with Greaves, I think it will be another three seasons. After that who would want him. he will be going out to the MLS.

Kane is spurs through and through and if he leaves this summer he will always be remembered as the third best. I think being remembered as the best of all time for spurs is more important to him then winning titles.

On 15/03/2021 at 10:52, Adamrb said:

Sadly I think you are correct. Haaland is clearly frustrated with Dortmund and he is likely to leave this summer. He will be in high demand from the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona, etc 

Dortmund is my second favorite team so I watch them play frequently. Haaland is very strong, fast and physical. He also plays with a little bit of an edge to his game. He is a much different player than Havertz or Werner, both of which I saw play quite a bit last year. Thailand's style of play will fit well in any league.