Jump to content

Lampard now it is time leave


Lampard IN or OUT ?  

68 members have voted

  1. 1. Lampard IN or OUT ?



Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Valerie said:

If a thread contains a genuine discussion, I'd agree with you. If the poster is on a wind-up, closing it is the way to stop WUMs.

BTW, there already is a thread about Lampard, so no need to start a silly new one like this.

Yes agreed, thats why i turned into a poll or 'vote of confidence' in case Frank comes looking on here.Happy Celebration GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Link to post
Share on other sites

No he should get the full three years so he has been given ample time to win something anything, if after three years we haven't one not even a league cup or still only battling for 4 place then you simply just part ways. He would of gotten  a chance most managers with an average championship season and only 1 year experience wouldn't get and spent big but couldn't deliver so no excuses.

Edited by Brutos
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Deino said:

IN but the ridiculousness of playing Kepa in goal and Mount in offense needs to 

He sees them everyday in training. Kepa is better. Willy is 37 years old and cant move. Hes a good 3rd keeper...and I'm not defending Kepa..hes been bad.  

 

Agree on Mount. Hes a midfielder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2020 at 08:17, Brutos said:

No he should get the full three years so he has been given ample time to win something anything, if after three years we haven't one not even a league cup or still only battling for 4 place then you simply just part ways. He would of gotten  a chance most managers with an average championship season and only 1 year experience wouldn't get and spent big but couldn't deliver so no excuses.

 

My question was with all of the money that they spent on attacking players, why so little was spent on the defense.  

Kai is a great player and I don't say this lightly. . . but it feels to me that Chelsea would have been better off if they had not spent the money on Kai and instead spent it on a couple of defenders.  At this point Chelsea is a much better team if they could just get a defense that doesn't make so many unforced errors.  

Now I will say that if Lampard pushed to chase down big time attacking players at the expense of defense, that is on him.  

I feel like this team is a solid defense away from greatness.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Valpo said:

 

My question was with all of the money that they spent on attacking players, why so little was spent on the defense.  

Kai is a great player and I don't say this lightly. . . but it feels to me that Chelsea would have been better off if they had not spent the money on Kai and instead spent it on a couple of defenders.  At this point Chelsea is a much better team if they could just get a defense that doesn't make so many unforced errors.  

Now I will say that if Lampard pushed to chase down big time attacking players at the expense of defense, that is on him.  

I feel like this team is a solid defense away from greatness.  

I think it would be more to do with Werner, Ziyech and Havertz actually being available with the first two at a great price. We got Chilwell which has hopefully ‘solved’ our left back problem, Silva has put a plaster on the CB situation and Mendy which has improved our goalkeeping situation (when fit!). 

Also, who was really available who’d improve our defence? We seem to have gone from their being an abundance of world class CBs to them being few and far between. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I think it would be more to do with Werner, Ziyech and Havertz actually being available with the first two at a great price. We got Chilwell which has hopefully ‘solved’ our left back problem, Silva has put a plaster on the CB situation and Mendy which has improved our goalkeeping situation (when fit!). 

Also, who was really available who’d improve our defence? We seem to have gone from their being an abundance of world class CBs to them being few and far between. 

 

I don't really follow who is available, although I tend to think everyone is available for the right price.  

Chilwell and Silva were good additions although Silva at this point is clearly just a short term solution.   The problem is that I feel like you need more depth at the position.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valpo said:

 

I don't really follow who is available, although I tend to think everyone is available for the right price.    

We don’t have a bottomless pit of money and even if we did we can’t spend whatever we want due to Financial Fair Play.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valpo said:

 

I don't really follow who is available, although I tend to think everyone is available for the right price.  

Chilwell and Silva were good additions although Silva at this point is clearly just a short term solution.   The problem is that I feel like you need more depth at the position.  

Sign any defender you want, if you have kepa in goal then it's a coin flip if you win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Sign any defender you want, if you have kepa in goal then it's a coin flip if you win. 

Its so important having a keeper you trust behind you and one that can help the defense verbally, villa have shown thus already this season and Liverpool since they signed Allison. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Valpo said:

 

My question was with all of the money that they spent on attacking players, why so little was spent on the defense.  

Kai is a great player and I don't say this lightly. . . but it feels to me that Chelsea would have been better off if they had not spent the money on Kai and instead spent it on a couple of defenders.  At this point Chelsea is a much better team if they could just get a defense that doesn't make so many unforced errors.  

Now I will say that if Lampard pushed to chase down big time attacking players at the expense of defense, that is on him.  

I feel like this team is a solid defense away from greatness.  

You need to start somewhere, Lampard started with the attack just like Klopp but even so we already have a good new LB, an experienced CB for this season and a new keeper. We had the best transfer window out of all PL teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. You can't fix the entire team in one window, it takes 2-3. If we bought 8-9 new first team players, there would be even less team chemistry... I would give Lampard till Christmas to get this team to gel together. He will likely build up some consistency by then and there will be more understanding between the players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Any news on the defensive coach that  they recruited from Wigan. has he started to develop things and implement changes that may improve our tactical ability in defence.

I would say the latest news is that he hasn't made an impact yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!