Lampard now it is time leave

Lampard IN or OUT ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Lampard IN or OUT ?

Getting tired of talking about "individual errors" but a huge percentage of our goals against this season have been down to them. Obviously we struggled with it last season as well but it seems like our players have managed to take it to a new level this season. I think everyone knew that Kepa being given another shot to start the season would cost us and it certainly has.

Therefore i wouldn't want to judge Lampard's defensive record before he's been able to play with a settled back-line and Mendy for a certain amount of time. It's oversimplified obviously but take away even half of our individual errors this season and we'd probably be up there with Everton and Villa.

This might be my ignorance talking, but I feel that if we are consistently seeing individual errors from a variety of players then yes, you can emphatically lay blame at the manager's door.

I'm not necessarily writing off Lampard, nor am I necessarily endorsing a Conte-style 'the players are programmed so no individual thought is required'* type of system, but at least a modicum of front-to-back structure would be nice...

*Really does put Conte's(?) decision to sign Ross Barkley into context!

20 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Sign any defender you want, if you have kepa in goal then it's a coin flip if you win. 

That is very true, but there's still more to it than that. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8859381/Chelsea-defensive-errors-team-far-season-isnt-Kepas-fault.html

We conceded the 2nd fewest shots in the league last season (just below Man City), yet we still managed to in the bottom 10 of goals conceded. This was down to many individual errors in the defensive side, not just Kepa. There's a severe lack of quality at the back, our attacking play is actually very good, one of the best for chances created and possession. But it's always undone by silly individual errors. 

It's just difficult to really know what the problem is. People argue that it's the lack of quality in the CB's, it's a Liverpool/Klopp situation, as soon as that's addressed, it will be hunky dory and we will be a force to be reckoned with. Others think it's a bit of a coincidence for how Rudiger and Christenen can become drastically worse overnight, and the defensive shape and managerial efforts are clearly the problem. For me I think it's both, but I don't know which one needs addressing more. 

I look at this team and I always pick these two things out... We are great on the ball, even our own fans don't give Lamps enough credit for good we are on the ball, but off the ball we are terrible, Championship teams put in a better shift and pressing duties than we do. The defensive shape sometimes is just all over the place, you see the space between the midfield and the defence and you can't help but notice why the defenders make so many mistakes at times. 

I'm just hoping Mendy fixes a lot of things at the back, but I don't think he will as much as some are expecting him to do. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

That is very true, but there's still more to it than that. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8859381/Chelsea-defensive-errors-team-far-season-isnt-Kepas-fault.html

We conceded the 2nd fewest shots in the league last season (just below Man City), yet we still managed to in the bottom 10 of goals conceded. This was down to many individual errors in the defensive side, not just Kepa. There's a severe lack of quality at the back, our attacking play is actually very good, one of the best for chances created and possession. But it's always undone by silly individual errors. 

It's just difficult to really know what the problem is. People argue that it's the lack of quality in the CB's, it's a Liverpool/Klopp situation, as soon as that's addressed, it will be hunky dory and we will be a force to be reckoned with. Others think it's a bit of a coincidence for how Rudiger and Christenen can become drastically worse overnight, and the defensive shape and managerial efforts are clearly the problem. For me I think it's both, but I don't know which one needs addressing more. 

I look at this team and I always pick these two things out... We are great on the ball, even our own fans don't give Lamps enough credit for good we are on the ball, but off the ball we are terrible, Championship teams put in a better shift and pressing duties than we do. The defensive shape sometimes is just all over the place, you see the space between the midfield and the defence and you can't help but notice why the defenders make so many mistakes at times. 

I'm just hoping Mendy fixes a lot of things at the back, but I don't think he will as much as some are expecting him to do. 

I think kepa turns defensive errors into goals conceded and makes mistakes himself that lead to goals conceded. Kepa puts a lot of pressure on the defence at set pieces because the only confidence he brings is that he won't collect the ball. 

I think we would concede 30-40 goals in the PL under Mendy with the same defence as last year. I think add in chilwell and silva and that turns into a number in the 20s. 

I cannot overstate how bad I believe kepa to be. I think he is the worst goalkeeper in PL history. I think he's not even championship standard. I am baffled he gets games for Spain still. I am certain we will be a title challenger with a decent keeper in his place. 

Impossible to know if I'm right yet. But Mendy has been our GK now for 5 halves of football and has conceded 1 goal. 

Edited by bisright1

On 16/10/2020 at 13:29, Talal said:

I think Lampard took enough chance but

he didn’t be successful 

now in beginning the season must to leaves Chelse

Account created 3/10/20. Yet another wannabe sports journalist trying to create a story. Piss off.

Edit - 2 of the 4 voting no joined this month and 1 of the remaining 2 joined in August this year. Says it all.

Edited by Frawdulant
Additional sherlocky investigations lol!
11 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

Account created 3/10/20. Yet another wannabe sports journalist trying to create a story. Piss off.

Edit - 2 of the 4 voting no joined this month and 1 of the remaining 2 joined in August this year. Says it all.

It is none of your business 

14 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

You missed a trick there, you should have signed that post of with something like

"Therefore Mi Lud I deduce the accused is a dick head..."

maxresdefault.jpg

Lampard not even got his full team fully fit yet. He did well last season with what he got. If I have any complaint about Frank's, his underuse of giroud. We have good crossers in our team now chilwell,ziyech,James are fantastic crossers and giroud should be played at least last 20 mins especially we chase the game. 

Edited by Keda
Mistake