Chelsea v Sevilla (CL) Tue 20th Oct 2020 20:00 GMT

Just now, Paddy said:

I wouldn’t say allow - Sevilla are very very comfortable - Chelsea have had a couple of chances though , perhaps Werner should have done more with the last kick of the half ?

I'm at work and can't watch.  Just trying to get a better pic of what is going on out there.

A lot of room for improvement. Jorginho needs to come off although he was pretty good. He can't help he is a slow runner. 

Put in Kovacic and switch Pulisic on the right side. Maybe take off Mount who was out of sorts. 

I am 100% sure Frank won't but here's hoping. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Zouma is awful at clearances

Zouma is so clumsy... He has sh*t eye-foot coordination. Somebody here once said that Zouma has boxing gloves on his feet - that made me laugh.

That was difficult viewing. Obviously the decision to keep Mount on the left and completely limit Pulisic is an atrocity, but Jorginho and Kante are such a frustrating pair to watch. 

Any time we bring the ball out from the back Jorginho has the tendency to drop between the full back/centre back or the two centre backs. Now this would be fine if he was launching Xabi Alonso-esque through balls into Werner and the other attackers, but he isn't. Because of this there is simply no link between the midfield and attackers, as Kante is just so painfully limited technically and cannot bring the ball into areas where the forwards can create chances.

Our style of play really is to lump the ball forward and hope to win the second balls in order to create a half chance, which is inevitably cleared easily by the defence as we never have enough players in the box to threaten when our full backs get the ball and cross. 

Just now, DumbYank said:

I'm at work and can't watch.  Just trying to get a better pic of what is going on out there.

We haven’t had any chances, just half chances while Sevilla have dominated the game even though not creating many chances.

Our defence looks solid but the rest is very poor.

1 minute ago, evissy said:

A lot of room for improvement. Jorginho needs to come off although he was pretty good. He can't help he is a slow runner. 

Put in Kovacic and switch Pulisic on the right side. Maybe take off Mount who was out of sorts. 

I am 100% sure Frank won't but here's hoping. 

this makes no sense, you want us to play with 10 players

They just seem to be a better team than us at the moment. More cohesive and working as a unit. We seem to have two defined areas, being the front and the back with little connectivity between the two areas. Both wide players are not keeping possession and Kante has been poor so far. We are lucky tha they have been toothless so far in front of goal. 

We need to go up at least a couple of gears, else there seems to be an inevitability about this.

The forward players have been piss poor in possession.. not using their body to protect the ball at all.. not a single one in 4 as been able to hold off..

also Jorginho needs to be dubbed he has already made a couple of fouls after his yellow.. I would also take off mount and put pulisic there..

Well only one team in it that half ...and it isn't us.  Disjointed, dysfunctional football from Frank; no cohesiveness that I can see. Sorry but playing 2 in the middle when the opposition are playing 4,3,3 or 4,4,2 never works because we are not strong enough and our two are always seemingly being pulled from one side to the other.  On the positive side we haven't conceded but we are not exactly looking threatening either.  Let's see what the 2nd half brings. 

Just now, dansubrosa said:

We haven’t had any chances, just half chances while Sevilla have dominated the game even though not creating many chances.

Our defence looks solid but the rest is very poor.

I mean if Sevilla is just booting it around the yard, like the Spanish kinda worthless possiession game, then it sounds like we are doing OK agaisnt that attack.  

Werner, Pulisic and Kai have all been on there heels and appear flat footed when receiving the ball. 

Mount was anonymous and confused between defence and attack and hasn't offered much in either aspect. 

On a positive note we haven't conceded and we can't play as bad as we did in the first half. (famous last words). 

I think Jorginho has played well besides that misplaced pass that got him the yellow. However, it's probably a good idea to take him off, he's probably on his last chance. 

It's a shame because I think Kante has been the worst out of the two. 

We are playing exactly the same way like we did against southampton.

I have no idea why Lampard think that we played well against Southampton because he is making exctly the same mistakes with our team formation. Only difference is that we have a capable midfielder and an experienced defender to sort out this mess. 

4 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

apart from not scoring, that half exceeded my expectations. we didn't concede, didn't get pulled apart much - not bad

To be fair I didn't think we were great. But we were much better at the back so can't complain too much. 

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

The Mount-LW experiment needs to end asap. He's just not a good winger and Pulisic needs to play there to get the best out of Pulisic.

We can't even use the excuse that he is playing there because of injuries anymore. We have a perfectly capable winger in Hudson-Odoi on the bench. Mount just isn't involved enough on the wing, and his movement and decision making is poor. He's not a winger, and there is no point shoehorning him into the side for the sake of it. He's a midfielder, so play him in midfield or not at all.

3 minutes ago, DumbYank said:

I get that - chances probably even but Sevilla loads more possession - they look comfy, we don’t especially - that said two decent saves from Mendy and he’s been competent and capable - I’m not have an episode every time the ball gets into our area.

if you read the posts you’ll know Mount is a hard done by, never to be picked, franks love child , on the left, on the right and anywhere he really wants to cu’t of a player, James is doing ok , Jorginho has been booked as has the bloke we can’t talk about anymore, Werner has had a couple, Kia is average, kante is running about a lot and zouma is good and bad in equal measure.