Chelsea v Sevilla (CL) Tue 20th Oct 2020 20:00 GMT

Ridiculous to say that I’m happy with a point at home, they deserved more , so I count my blessings .

The positive from tonight, Mendy looks like he’s competent and can be trusted - thank f**k !

Just now, Paddy said:

Ridiculous to say that I’m happy with a point at home, they deserved more , so I count my blessings .

The positive from tonight, Mendy looks like he’s competent and can be trusted - thank f**k !

Don't buy that, they didn't do enough going forward to say they deserved a win, Mendy only had to make one serious save and even that wasn't too difficult.

A draw was very much the right result.

The only positive I can think of it’s the clean sheet. I feel it for Werner nobody can question his work ethics. I even seeing him dropping deep too deep just to get the ball. I wonder what will Man U game be like ☹️

1 minute ago, TomCFC85 said:

Gosh, all of our new offensive signings playing together at once and each one looked invisible somehow. 

Amazing isn't it.

Lots of coaches would die to have those talents on their rosters.

Played a proper European team who really had the better of the match, Temo came tantalizingly close against the run of play but they shutdown any fluidity up front very well. On another day would have lost it at the end, Zouma reverting to type again but I do feel he should be stuck with unless we see Tomori. Gone it appears are the days of smashing group teams at home and especially Spanish ones. Nobody out there excelled today just did the bare minimum and kept a clean sheet which lately around here is a very good thing. 

I’ll take that, it was important that we didn’t lose.

James looked more switched on than normal, played well today.

Silva was good and we had a professional goalkeeper in between the sticks.

Win our next 2 group games and we’re in good shape.

Not a great performance but not a bad result.

I'm not going to read too much into this game performance wise. We kept a cleansheet and did look better and more organised defensively. Silva and Mendy were brilliant. Chilwell also, what an improvement on the left side. Reece James also put in a great performance. 

Not too impressed with our attackers however, I never thought I would be saying that after the match, it's usually the other way around. I thought Kovacic looked excellent though. Mount offers nothing outwide, he needs to stop playing there ASAP. Besides that turn and run by Kai he had a bad game, offered very little and was dispossesed a lot.