Chelsea v Sevilla (CL) Tue 20th Oct 2020 20:00 GMT

2 minutes ago, evissy said:

He hasn’t long retired and younger than willy it’s not that far fetched that if Mendy flops or he gets injured that petr will play, I’dtake him over kepa any day, Not just the ability but the reading of the game and voice at the back, I think I would like to see it at least once, epic move by petr. 

Mason Mount last season 53 appearances, 8 goals, 6 assists, 5 yellows. Academy graduate, only 21 capped for his country at senior level, scored the winner to beat Belgium recently. Looks like he’s maturing into a valuable asset.

CHO 35 appearances, 4 goals, 7 assists, 1 yellow. Academy graduate, only 19.

Both excellent prospects imo, CHO slightly younger so understandably not featuring as much, of course he could personally change that by upping his performance when playing, so far he’s just potential. 

im very happy to have both in the squad and don’t P P my pants if one or the other or both don’t make the starting lineup 

Re this CL match today, happy to see Mendy N Silva back, expect goals, hopefully we can make home advantage work and Jorginho and Kanté play better today than on Saturday ie do not open up a huge gap in midfield, also a bit more pragmatism from the touch line if the result or game management aren’t happening in the 2nd half. 

20 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

What hate?

People saying we have two actual wingers on the bench with genuine pace and ability to run at defenders does not mean they hate Mount. 

Looking for something to complain about not not make it accurate. 

I think the love for mount is a bit ott

5 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

He hasn’t long retired and younger than willy it’s not that far fetched that if Mendy flops or he gets injured that petr will play, I’dtake him over kepa any day, Not just the ability but the reading of the game and voice at the back, I think I would like to see it at least once, epic move by petr. 

Credit to Sky for picking the perfect picture to be fair to them - a balding Petr with greying beard and an intellectual's glasses just to emphasise the point that he is no longer a professional athlete.

40 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Are you a complete buffoon or do you try to be?  Very low IQ judging by your posts you old fart.

Like I said, Mount in the team, embarrassing

I wouldn't take it personally, driller. Along with some other members of the old guard, they do find it hard to muster up a single brain cell between them.

Anyhow, I'm sure Ziyech will come on for Mount at some point. I actually quite like Mount and don't understand some of the comments he gets from fans and pundits alike. Yes, he's had a few shoddy performances but not enough to keep him from featuring in the starting XI as compared to who else we have available.

A challenge for Driller and some others - see if you can go through 2 hours without repeating what you have said about Mount a 1000 times previously. And use that time to draft letters to the club, Lampard, journalists and pundits asking them why Mount is played every game. Don't bore us and destroy every thread with the same thing again and again and again. We can have much better conversations surely without regurgitating repeatedly.

None of us know the answer, the issue has been discussed to death. Some of us like him and have explained why, some of you don't and we know why. Please move on unless you have any new arguments to present. What an obsession!

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Are you a complete buffoon or do you try to be?  Very low IQ judging by your posts you old fart.

Like I said, Mount in the team, embarrassing

Like I said earlier there's a difference between constructive criticism and the way you talk about him.

If I had to guess who he was purely based on your post I'd genuinely guess a bellend who plays for Spurs.

Honestly flabagasted at how you and others are so bitter about one of our own, and it's not like he's up himself either, he's one of the most genuine guys in football who gives everything for our club (and his type of workrate allows the more technically gifted players to reserve energy).

Thanks to you and others it's genuinely getting close to the point I'd back him if he did a Lampard to West Ham fans on us.

Edited by Argo

Can somebody please explain why Frank has kepa on the bench > mendy was brought in for one reason only that kepa is terrible and just cant be 

trusted ,so why on earth have kepa on the bench to cover mendy should mendy Get a injury ? You then have to bring on kepa ,then i go back to the reason why CFC got mendy in the first place > ffs Frank put Willy on the bench 

1 minute ago, ddrblue said:

Can somebody please explain why Frank has kepa on the bench > mendy was brought in for one reason only that kepa is terrible and just cant be 

trusted ,so why on earth have kepa on the bench to cover mendy should mendy Get a injury ? You then have to bring on kepa ,then i go back to the reason why CFC got mendy in the first place > ffs Frank put Willy on the bench 

Willy is on the bench as well.