Man Utd v Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Oct 2020 17:30 GMT

We did ok and I'm happy with the clean sheet, but we just don't look dangerous enough so far. I still feel we should be using Giroud over Tammy as he brings others into the game more.

Bit pissed off that sloppy passing from Zouma and Kante broke our possession at times. We just don't dominate in that midfield area at all.

Edited by Malcolm9

Well, that was a bit sh*t. Did we even have a shot on target? Can't remember any. Clean sheet is a positive I guess, but lots of work to do. Our attacking play is still very poor and the defending is still not that great. Mendy saved us today. 

Edited by TheSage
1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

With players like Havertz, Werner and Co it's a bit worrying we look so bland up top. It's like either we score goals but give them away it don't give any away and hardly attack. 

I expect more from Frank and the players

Well when you have zero service out of midfield and Kante making mistake after mistake in the final third, I’m not sure what they’re supposed to do. We need Ziyech fit and that can push Havertz back to midfield to offer some creativity, service - specifically to pick out Werner’s runs.

Happy with the defensive performance, we will generally score goals so I’m not worried.

Not conceding in 2 matches against Sevilla & Man Utd gives us a good platform to work from.

3 clean sheets out of 4 for Mendy, Happy days!

Edited by 2211

Oh well, at least we didn’t lose and even managed a clean sheet, but Christ, 250 million quids worth of new attacking talent and absolutely nothing to show for it. I hope playing for 0-0 isn’t Frank’s  answer to our defensive problems. Verdict: underwhelmed.

7 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

With players like Havertz, Werner and Co it's a bit worrying we look so bland up top. It's like either we score goals but give them away it don't give any away and hardly attack. 

I expect more from Frank and the players

Was thinking exactly the same.

Great we kept a clean sheet and the defence looks 100% better with Mendy, Silva and Chilwell. BUT so toothless going forward. Bit of a head scratcher as to why we created so little today when let's face it, united are not great defensively.

Edited by Nibs

Props to Lampard set is up not to lose and we didn't so props there. 

Attack was toothless though think when we setup for defense we can't see to attack it appears we have no middle ground it's either full blown attack or defence.

Looking a lot sharper at the back, but have to try and strike the right balance, question is can Lampard find it. Going to be quite a few points off Everton which isn’t ideal at all, but trying to find positives with the defensive stability, Silva and Mendy looking class. 

Look it was no attacking master class again but the important fact is we wanted our defence sorted and it has been overnight in terms of personnel and the teams drilling.

2 best players were our defensive additions and chilwell has slotted right in.

We have the base we can build from this, the attacking talent is there we know we can score it’s just a case of getting it all clicking.

What a keeper Mendy is btw no wonder big petr wanted him brought in and silva showing his class, still at his age one of the best cb’s in the PL. 

I take gladly the point, difficult ground and they’ve played well in the second half. We should have got a penalty and probably would have taken all points. Overall really chuffed with our defending for a change. We just now need to learn how to attack whilst defending well. COYB!!