Jump to content

Man Utd v Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Oct 2020 17:30 GMT


Recommended Posts


NIL - NIL against mancs and iam more than happy since iam no longer pulling me hair or teeth out and climbing up me front room walls due to a iffy back or misplaced pass by our defensive parts of the game > game saving saves from our Mr.Mendy and a blinding tackle by our captian in defence > two lessons learnt Frank > keep kepa away from the 1st 11 and the bench and lock Christensen into the same room .

 

ok it was a pen on Dave but that’s another topic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Girish said:

Robbed, I'd say. We should have got that penalty... but of course, we aren't Man Utd. Also, I'm not sure why Azpi didn't protest hard enough.

He probably wasn't fully aware of what was going on. It was too fast for him to realize I think

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Girish said:

Robbed, I'd say. We should have got that penalty... but of course, we aren't Man Utd. Also, I'm not sure why Azpi didn't protest hard enough.

VAR looked at it and deemed it wasn't a penalty, so protesting would have changed nothing. It's very strange that even with VAR we still have such mistakes in the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a good game from us. Mendy was clearly the best player of Chelsea tonight. Silva and the rest of defence were ok. Haverzt, Pulicic and Werner were quite frustrating tonight. Kante is hopeless offensively. I am afraid that Lampard is not the manager bringing us success. 

A

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

I’ll take that result. It will build confidence. Need to put a run of results together though. 
really think we struggle in midfield. No matter the combination just not enough creativity there. 

Yeah the midfield is not working yet at all. I don't know what happened to Kovacic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Girish said:

Robbed, I'd say. We should have got that penalty... but of course, we aren't Man Utd. Also, I'm not sure why Azpi didn't protest hard enough.

He was screaming for it when he got up but that’s not even the point. The mentality that players should need to protest or claim a lot should be stamped out. It shouldn’t take players making a big deal about a foul for professional referees to get these sort of decisions right. Anyone who has played the game or watches the game and understands football could see that it was a penalty. There’s really no excuse for them to say that is not a penalty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ducavis said:

How? He didn’t do anything which wasn’t his fault.

Pressed better linked up play.. can’t remember a single play from Werner that he tried to link..mostly trying to run behind defence .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

He was screaming for it when he got up but that’s not even the point. The mentality that players should need to protest or claim a lot should be stamped out. It shouldn’t take players making a big deal about a foul for professional referees to get these sort of decisions right. Anyone who has played the game or watches the game and understands football could see that it was a penalty. There’s really no excuse for them to say that is not a penalty.

The referees have no clue..overpaid buttons.. anyone can run around the pitch for 90 mins..

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JPH said:

Not a good game from us. Mendy was clearly the best player of Chelsea tonight. Silva and the rest of defence were ok. Haverzt, Pulicic and Werner were quite frustrating tonight. Kante is hopeless offensively. I am afraid that Lampard is not the manager bringing us success. 

A

 

No service from the midfield to be fair, I feel for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

As much as love the man, I can't help but feel Jorginho and Kovacic is a much more fluid pairing than Kante with either.

Agree with this.

As much as it pains me to say it, he needs to sit out a few matches and maybe he will get his mojo back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Defence was very good, but annoyed with the lack of ideas in attack. We have so much attacking disposal and we paid way too much respect to United. James gets better and better every game. Top defensive and offensive performance from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!