Man Utd v Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Oct 2020 17:30 GMT

1st haff

• Played well defensively and in possession.
  • Pulisic could have had two if his finishing was like the end of last season.
  • Maguire deserved a booking for holding and strangling Azpi from a corner in the Utd end.
  • Within a minute a penalty call for Rashford.
  • Utd also had chances yet Mendy was outstanding expect for a mis-pass leading to a defensive corner.
  • Werner not really involved.
  • Chilwell played very well.
  • Fernandes on palm off on Jorginho.. naughty.

2nd half

• Frantic pace
  • Utd had more chances and Mendy was very impressive as was our general defensive work.
  • We had a few breaks and on one Werner was snuffed out by stopping him coming inside.
  • The highlight of the half for me was Jorginho winning a defensive header against Pogba.
  • Notice Zouma claim for a penalty against Maguire on a defensive corner, nothing given.
  • 70th the English subs arrive started well and kept up the pressure mostly.
  • Kante played well apart from a couple of mis-passes late in the 2nd.
  • First time I have seen Ziyech and he looks a fighter which is good.
  • For me Mendy MOTM.
  • Travesty Maguire on Azpi in box.

The Chelsea fishermen have a poor catch yet the boat Chelsea is still afloat

image.thumb.png.5718913d50e45f5c16839b02f2c4f0d2.png

We would have won if VAR wasn't such a big farce and people would be calling today's game a tactical masterclass from Frank. Such a shame we always have to be at the short end of the stick when it comes to big decisions like these.

Improvement from last season, when we lost the corresponding match 4-0. Mendy et al. saved the point for us. Let's just explain the toothless attack by saying things are a bit slow to  fall into place :rolleyes:

We should have had a penalty for the judo throw on Azpi of course.

Edited by Valerie
3 minutes ago, M.M.B said:

Lost this game 4.0 last season.

Two games, two clean sheets.

So what's not to like. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe 200m spent on forward players and 1 shot on target against a team that has not won at home yet and got smashed by Spurs, in the pouring rain against a keeper low on confidence.

I get the 5 at the back and defensively we did okay. But let's be honest they were pretty crap as well.

The main positive for me is that thank f*ck I wasn't held to ransom to pay a further 15 quid over my subscription. 

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

1st haff

• Played well defensively and in possession.
  • Pulisic could have had two if his finishing was like the end of last season.
  • Maguire deserved a booking for holding and strangling Azpi from a corner in the Utd end.
  • Within a minute a penalty call for Rashford.
  • Utd also had chances yet Mendy was outstanding expect for a mis-pass leading to a defensive corner.
  • Werner not really involved.
  • Chilwell played very well.
  • Fernandes on palm off on Jorginho.. naughty.

2nd half

• Frantic pace
  • Utd had more chances and Mendy was very impressive as was our general defensive work.
  • We had a few breaks and on one Werner was snuffed out by stopping him coming inside.
  • The highlight of the half for me was Jorginho winning a defensive header against Pogba.
  • Notice Zouma claim for a penalty against Maguire on a defensive corner, nothing given.
  • 70th the English subs arrive started well and kept up the pressure mostly.
  • Kante played well apart from a couple of mis-passes late in the 2nd.
  • First time I have seen Ziyech and he looks a fighter which is good.
  • For me Mendy MOTM.
  • Travesty Maguire on Azpi in box.

The Chelsea fishermen have a poor catch yet the boat Chelsea is still afloat

image.thumb.png.5718913d50e45f5c16839b02f2c4f0d2.png

Absolutely on spot.. especially the English duo quicken up pace and I have seen Ziyech play a bit and he is great at pressing.. Werner needs to work on coming deeper to be more involved or take shots from his left to win corners.

I think this was a good result .. Utd were feeding of scraps and their chances the Rashford ones came of set pieces.. with us we were able to create more and some luck would have seen us score. I still think we are to intricate in the final third.. maybe a good old shot is not a bad option at times..

This is an improvement from last season, where we lost both home and away. So we are in fact improving against our rivals. Our attack just needs to start clicking, out of all our new signings I think that Werner is finding it the hardest because he does a ton of work off the ball but it doesn't really result in much...

2 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Punditry was sh*t all they talked about was the penalty and united, nothing about chelsea

Try I get involved with bein sports fella via whatever means ,gray and keys are where it’s at . I have only been on bein sports two weeks now and I will Never with a capital N go back to the s h I t e  that sky/ bt sports spew out .

Just now, Gol15 said:

This is an improvement from last season, where we lost both home and away. So we are in fact improving against our rivals. Our attack just needs to start clicking, out of all our new signings I think that Werner is finding it the hardest because he does a ton of work off the ball but it doesn't really result in much...

Yeah I think he needs to start coming deeper.. with his pace he doesn’t need to always run of the shoulder.. having said that I don’t think we will play with a 3 most games.. so I think he will be fine.. but for these games I would prefer Tammy or Giroud..

10 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Jimmy giving Patrice a lesson in understanding about building confidence and not going gung-ho when we’re conceding right, left & centre.

Jimmy is schooling him.

Evra is sounding like he doesn’t understand the value of building from clean sheets.