Man Utd v Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Oct 2020 17:30 GMT

The only worry is we are playing again on Wednesday.. this must be gruesome for most players.. you barely have time to recover from knocks or train.. the greedy FA and UEFA are killing the golden goose..

8 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Very true. He will be replaced soon surely.

Hope not. I actually quite like his passion. He is frustrated that United didn't go for it more and to be fair he was spot on commenting what a boring game it was. If I was a neutral I would have turned over well before the end.

Another positive performance by our defence, there is a lot of improvement with our defending ability, especially when we have Mendy and Silva in the back.

There was a 100% penalty on Azpilicueta which wasn't even checked by the VAR, very poor decision by the refereeing. 

I still believe that we need to win games like this, in two games we're scoring 0. Our offensive tactic needs an improvement. 

At least we won a point at Old Trafford, let's hope for a comfort victory against Krassnodar. 

COME ON CHELS!

Just now, mojo said:

o40959.png

VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Simon Long

This one or Anthony Taylor or Oliver all of them make so many mistakes .. they have taken something fairly uncomplicated and made it complicated.. why do we not hear similar stories from other leagues In Europe? No wonder none get invited for Fifa tournaments.

You dont get those when you are Chelsea at OT. 

Well done to the team on keeping to dangerous attacks out this week.

Offensively we need some work, two games there where Kia, Pulisic, Werner etc have been toothless. 

Games crying out for Giroud imo.

Just now, Gol15 said:

- 4 apps

- 1 goal conceded

- 3 clean sheets

Should give people a bit of an idea how big of a problem Kepa have been for us.

Absolute no chance in hell of building any kind of a defence with that fraud in goal. With Mendy and Thiago Silva we are already looking good!

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Edouard Mendy is the first Chelsea goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet in each of his first two league starts for the club since Petr Cech in 2004.

- 4 apps

- 1 goal conceded

- 3 clean sheets

-2 Man of the Match performance

- 93.2 save %

ElHUzpUWAAItTLV?format=jpg&name=large

But for Emerson would be 4 out of 4

15 minutes ago, Jangz said:

The only worry is we are playing again on Wednesday.. this must be gruesome for most players.. you barely have time to recover from knocks or train.. the greedy FA and UEFA are killing the golden goose..

Spot on. This season's a bit of a lottery. Some strange results and a huge amount of goals. Away to Burnley next Saturday. If our attack are up for it we should win. But.........

Well we did not lose........ Frankie boy i love you. Though you have to grow a pair.....get that number 5 out of the side and send him to n17. Ngolo is class though he does not have a clue what to do were he is. He should be playing were that idiot Jorgihio is.

Mason Mount our best player should be first name on team sheet, . United were and are pooh, there for the taking and we kicked it sideways and backwards more times than Ray Wilkins ( ie the crab ). Come on Fat Frank.

Positives Silva....pure class. Mendy also quality . Send Kepa on loan to somewhere he deserves lots of teams on Hackney marshes will have him ( his level). Reece James looked good with Azpi though needs to attack more.  I still believe the lad we let go to Brighton is better.

Still blue is the colour. 

17 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Another positive performance by our defence, there is a lot of improvement with our defending ability, especially when we have Mendy and Silva in the back.

There was a 100% penalty on Azpilicueta which wasn't even checked by the VAR, very poor decision by the refereeing. 

I still believe that we need to win games like this, in two games we're scoring 0. Our offensive tactic needs an improvement. 

At least we won a point at Old Trafford, let's hope for a comfort victory against Krassnodar. 

COME ON CHELS!

It wasn't checked because if it was they would of HAD to give it. 

Personally thought Kante misplaced  a lot of passes especially in h1. Thought kova might have offered more drive in transition. The link play from defence to offense is the next phase to work on. James looking better but he is slow and doesn’t get beyond the defence. 

Edited by ozboy

Softly, softly, catchie monkey !

It wasn’t one for the neutrals that’s for sure, but from our perspective, it’s the second consecutive game without conceding (and scoring) - and let’s remember we‘ve played two decent sides in Sevilla and the mancs in manc land.

Mendy, Azpi, Silva, Zouma (he still frightens me at times !!), Chilwell and James played great together with Mendy and Silva MOTM contenders - think Mendy shades it for me after all the weeks of sh*tting myself every time the ball was heading anywhere goal-wards when Kepa was between the jumpers.

Lots to be positive and hopeful about with the defensive unit -  really liking the way James is coming on, he could be special - I knew that in the James v James matchup there would only be one winner ! 

The rest definitely needs work, quite a lot of work, but if FL and co. can relax a little about the defence then the work gets focused on tinkering with the midfield and attack .

And remember, we had a stone f**king wall penalty that those contriving VAR cu*ts at Stockley Park and the ref on the pitch CHEATED us out of !!

Finally, don’t know what Kovacic needs to do to get a game - he’s by far our most capable ball playing and creative midfielder - Answers on a postcard please ?

Edited by Paddy
45 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Jimmy is schooling him.

Evra is sounding like he doesn’t understand the value of building from clean sheets.

Which is odd seeing as Evra used to be a defender and was part of a United team that built their success from the back. They bought in Evra and Vidic, stopped conceding goals, kept clean sheets and won 3 titles in a row.

32 minutes ago, Londons Finest said:

Well we did not lose........ Frankie boy i love you. Though you have to grow a pair.....get that number 5 out of the side and send him to n17. Ngolo is class though he does not have a clue what to do were he is. He should be playing were that idiot Jorgihio is.

Mason Mount our best player should be first name on team sheet, . United were and are pooh, there for the taking and we kicked it sideways and backwards more times than Ray Wilkins ( ie the crab ). Come on Fat Frank.

Positives Silva....pure class. Mendy also quality . Send Kepa on loan to somewhere he deserves lots of teams on Hackney marshes will have him ( his level). Reece James looked good with Azpi though needs to attack more.  I still believe the lad we let go to Brighton is better.

Still blue is the colour. 

Jorghino worked his nuts off and was the only one looking to play forward. 
agree we missed masons workrate, Kia looked out of sorts tonight.

no way lamptey will be half the player reese will be