Man Utd v Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Oct 2020 17:30 GMT

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

He was screaming for it when he got up but that’s not even the point. The mentality that players should need to protest or claim a lot should be stamped out. It shouldn’t take players making a big deal about a foul for professional referees to get these sort of decisions right. Anyone who has played the game or watches the game and understands football could see that it was a penalty. There’s really no excuse for them to say that is not a penalty.

Well said - and especially when you consider that they get the slide ruler out to ‘prove’ an offside decision that most of us wouldn't argue for or against - it surely can’t be bent but WTF else can it be ?

Lot of positives to take out of the game and it was one of those that could have gone either way. Neither team did enough to win it to be honest so a draw was probably a fair result despite the penalty incident.

As JFH said after, we had to address the defensive issues and try and build from there, so the downside to that was creating very little to trouble Uniteds defence. There were a few occasions where it looked like we had them stretched and could have opened them up but failed to play that killer ball. Very frustrating and a lost of mis-placed passes but hopefully it will come. Could have been different if Pulicic had managed to get on the end of that James cross - WHAT a ball in from James - he did have a very good game.

1 hour ago, Eight Times said:

Commentators were desperate for Rashford to score today, I bet they had some "great" puns ready. (Not that I'm against his cause).

Might of been great buns instead ?

1 hour ago, BewareoftheDrog said:

Spot on. This season's a bit of a lottery. Some strange results and a huge amount of goals. Away to Burnley next Saturday. If our attack are up for it we should win. But.........

1 hour ago, BewareoftheDrog said:

Spot on. This season's a bit of a lottery. Some strange results and a huge amount of goals. Away to Burnley next Saturday. If our attack are up for it we should win. But.........

1 hour ago, Jangz said:

The only worry is we are playing again on Wednesday.. this must be gruesome for most players.. you barely have time to recover from knocks or train.. the greedy FA and UEFA are killing the golden goose..

Well, if you qualify for the Champions League  you're always going to have to play midweek games.

Should have seen it coming, on the back of a European game, lots at stake and two teams respecting each other too much.

Feels great to not feel a sense of panic whenever we’re being attacked. Hopefully Mendy and Thiago Silva can stay fit and once the attack clicks we’ll win a lot of games. Still early days for Havertz and Ziyech plus Werner has shown he’s good when he gets service unlike today so I’m optimistic. 
Reece James deserves praise today. I wonder if we’ll now see more of the wing back system this season. 

43 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Well said - and especially when you consider that they get the slide ruler out to ‘prove’ an offside decision that most of us wouldn't argue for or against - it surely can’t be bent but WTF else can it be ?

Agreed, they even get these wrong - I mean I hate Liverpool but they had one disallowed last week for what looked like Manes elbow being offside by a millimetre, it’s just bonkers. 

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Agreed, they even get these wrong - I mean I hate Liverpool but they had one disallowed last week for what looked like Manes elbow being offside by a millimetre, it’s just bonkers. 

Absof**kinglutley

1 point and 4 goals difference from last year. I'd say that's an improvement. 

First things first - Best value signing of the summer was Mendy. Saved our bacon multiple times. Save at the end was a peach.

Credit to the rest of the backline, particularly Silva, James and Chilwell who didn't have an easy night but were up for it. Good to see us develop a little spine in defence.

I'd also like to pay a little credit to Ziyech in his cameo. Came on in a tough spot, chased every ball, was shouting instructions at others to get into position. I think he's going to be a real asset not just going forward. Sadly the same could not be said for Tammy who wandered around up front, put no pressure on the ball and let United's defenders carry into our half regularly in the last 10.

Anyway it's nice to have clean sheets again. 

Edited by Spiller86

Contend with the point and performance, it's like another European knock out game where both teams played safe, and hope a bit of luck or mistake from the opposition. The playing condition made it difficult too, and both teams made sure emphasis was on pressing and defending in shape, rather than playing the usual attacking football. Mendy and Silva are leading the defence, once the defence started to hold up their end, pretty sure we will go on a good run. Kante looked better in this kind of game, and James looked more mature defensively. Front 3 was a bit of dud today, think Werner is running out of gas, Pullisic was good but not at his best yet, and not sure why Havetz played and went on for so long, felt like out of position again. If we were going for the draw, play Mount, otherwise Ziyech should have played. It's kind of a nothing move, and it went on for so long. Ziyech came in after 90 was another nuisance, I assume it's just for time wasting, luckily he didn't commit another unnecessary foul, came on at that stage with no intention to win the game was just a waste of time

Boring match

Match bring sleep 😴 😴

Chelsea so bad

Man United so bad

What a bad match

VAR is man of the match

End of the match

Chelsea 0-0 ManchesterVAR

I think this match is last match to lambard.

Man United + VAR = Love ❤️

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

As usual ManchesterVAR benefits of VAR.

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

There penalty for Chelsea !!!!

Who is benefits of referee ?

ManchesterVAR

it isn’t be last time

Lampard our out out

Lampard fired fired

Training Chelsea is bigger than Lampard

This “the truth”

Lampard 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Get out of training Chelsea

Lampard out out out

Must sack lambard

Lampard is trainee not coach

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

in the end

I don’t know why referee didn’t back to VAR ?

Edited by Talal
No
6 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Well, if you qualify for the Champions League  you're always going to have to play midweek games.

its not about mid week games.. but because this season is curtailed everything is squeezed in the schedule..  same time last year starting on 11 August we played 9 EPL matches, 2 league cup and 1 UCL, this year starting on 14th september we have played 6 EPL matches 2 league cup ties and 1 UCL... so if you average it out (ignoring internationals) we are playing a match 1.5 matches a week this season already as opposed to 1.2 matches last year .. all with no preseason.

10 hours ago, cRyptic said:

Agree with this.

As much as it pains me to say it, he needs to sit out a few matches and maybe he will get his mojo back.

I've been saying for a while now Kante should be getting utilized the way Conte used Cesc in 16/17.

It's utterly outrageous bordering on unbearable that he's still an untouchable starter.