Man Utd v Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Oct 2020 17:30 GMT

I have this itchy nagging fealing that chelsea are going to boss the game and miss a couple of goal scoring attempts via blinding saves from de gea ,for those mancs to get a penalty and take the lead and build on that penalty . Question is will it be a clear cutt pen or a iffy VAR induced pen ?

on a side note did anyone notice that it’s Barcelona v Real Madrid with a 15:00 KO GMT today ? When was the last time this game was a mid afternoon Saturday kick off ? It’s that strange it almost passed by me 

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think Mount is essential for us but Kai at the central midfield can solve a game at any time he's that good so I would consider starting Havertz instead just because he has that X factor.

My heart agrees with you about Kai being an X factor but my brain tells me  Kai hasn't shown any signs of that since he joined us. To be honest I see Ziyech being more of our X factor when he gets fully fit. I would rather we switch Giroud and Mount for Werner and Havertz.  

4 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

My heart agrees with you about Kai being an X factor but my brain tells me  Kai hasn't shown any signs of that since he joined us. To be honest I see Ziyech being more of our X factor when he gets fully fit. I would rather we switch Giroud and Mount for Werner and Havertz.  

He did have good games already, his position is very hard to play but he could break through and pass well even if he has been only a couple of weeks at the club.

I think we would benefit with Giroud that can keep possession as an anchor, win fouls and since he's taller than Werner we could use the crosses of James and Ziyech much more effectively so I'm also hoping to see Giroud, I think last time he was winning battles against most of the CBs of ManUtd.

United have some confidence again now but are really only good when playing on the counter attack so we should do the same to them, sit deep and pick off their sh*t defence. It worked for Palace and Spurs so we can do the same if we’re smart enough to set up like that.

Really can’t take the prospect of being turned over by the Norwegian Moyes once again. 

Can’t expect a clean sheet with our defence and as United will have their mandatory penalty, so I’m going 3-2 Chelsea.

22 minutes ago, Zagger said:

United have some confidence again now but are really only good when playing on the counter attack so we should do the same to them, sit deep and pick off their sh*t defence. It worked for Palace and Spurs so we can do the same if we’re smart enough to set up like that.

Really can’t take the prospect of being turned over by the Norwegian Moyes once again. 

Can’t expect a clean sheet with our defence and as United will have their mandatory penalty, so I’m going 3-2 Chelsea.

That's about the size of it but Ole does seem to have the luck when he most needs it. Tuanzebe may start with Telles on his left unless Ole sticks with Shaw. Rashford has started to show some form and McTominay will provide a shield for the porous back four. Dunno if Pellestri will debut today on the right but the other option is James which tells you how weak we are on that side. Maguire (maybe) or Lindelof is pretty much all we have for the second central defence position. Greenwood may start up top if he's fit. Martial is suspended. If Greenwood is ruled out, maybe Cavani will start. It's tough picking our team at the moment but, at any rate, there will be goals. I fancy a draw but if Chelsea press, they have the pace to do serious damage.

42 minutes ago, Zagger said:

To be fair UTD have been awarded the third most amount of penalties this season, but guess who is second with one more than them? 

Franks seems like he doesn't like to risk a lot in this sort of matches. We always play 3-4-3 with the massive captain Dave in the three. 

Not sure if I like it but we've had some success with this formation, we also have had some bad results, so let's see... all I am really concerned about is that we ALWAYS play with 3 in the back in the derbies and Ole might have prepared.