Chelsea's hardest kicker of the ball.

Which Chelsea player kicked the ball the hardest?

Doesn't have to be a striker. Could be anyone playing in any position. Any player any time.

I'm going vintage and saying Micky Droy. There are loads of candidates but you can only mention one.

16 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

A couple I recall over the years

David Lee

Alex

Not often they took freekicks yet when they did they looked powerful.

Alex is a good shout. I don't remember David Lee much and can't recall him having a hard shot. 

Alex could break the cross bar I recon.

There's another candidate from the Abramovich era that stands out but I won't mention his name. I  remember a mid-week game where he hit a shot so hard it hit the cross bar, went over the line and bounced out and nobody in the stadium noticed. The TV replay showed it crossed the line but it was too quick for the human eye.

1 hour ago, Andy North said:

Alex is a good shout. I don't remember David Lee much and can't recall him having a hard shot. 

Alex could break the cross bar I recon.

Re David Lee, I have had a look on the net and cannot find anything.

He rarely took freekicks perhaps 1 or 2 while I was watching, yet recall one that wasn't aimed well yet just went through the wall at such pace.

I'd say Alex, then JFH, then (based on one shot) Goldbaek. From the dim and distant past, Garry Stanley had a tremendous shot that was reputed to be one of the hardest in the game. He scored some crackers for us, but this one for Swansea stands out ( 1m50secs):

Edited by Backbiter

4 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Didn't Michael Ballack once break the net when he took a penalty?

I think he was a pen taker for us, and I remember him hammering one home late on in a 2-1 home win over Utd in the 07-08 season (sadly Utd went on to win that season...man that back and forth with them from 04 on was huge!).