FK Krasnodar v Chelsea (CL) Wed 28th Oct 2020 17:55 GMT

Just now, axman2526 said:

Certainly dont make Silva travel for this one.

Mendy

James

Rudiger

Zouma

Chilwell

Kovacic

Jorginho

Zyiech

Mount

CHO

Giroud

Give

Kia, Werner and Pulisic a breather on the bench.

Agree on most of that lineup; maybe Tomori instead of Rudiger and Emerson instead of Chilwell.

This has already been said.  We can't underestimate Krasnodar, but simply a rotated team should be able to win this game comfortably.

Silva shouldn't even travel.  Rest Chilwell, Havertz, Werner and maybe Pulisic (or have him sub out).  Definitely get some game time for Kova, Ziyech (start), Cho, Rudi or Tomori.  I would stick with Mendy though - let him keep growing in a Chelsea shirt.

We can't put another 0-0 performance, we must score and get us a first victory in the CL this season.

This is the lineup I'd like to see:

------------ Mendy ---------

James -- Tomori -- Zouma -- Chilwell

-------- Jorginho -- Kovacic --------

Hudson Odoi --- Havertz --- Ziyech

----------- Abraham -------------

We need Havertz to score, more confidence and more minutes for him to show what he got. Rest Werner, Pulisic, Kante and Thiago Silva.

We have to make it look easy game, but I'm sure it won't be, Krasnodar got nothing to lose, so they will try to surprise us.

COME ON CHELS!!!

51 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Not trying to under estimate Krasnodar or anything but we really need a good 4 or 5 nil here and it's definitely do-able. It could easily go down to GD in this group and a big victory in Europe could give us the kick start we need this season.

I don't see how we beat Krasnodar on their turf 4 or even 5-0. They are in the CL for a reason and have the 3rd most valuable squad in the Russian League.

-------------------------Giroud--------------------------

---CHO---------------------------------------Ziyech----

------------------------Mount---------------------------

----------------Kovacic----------Jorginho---------------

-----Chilwell------Zouma------Tomori----------James--

--------------------------Mendy--------------------------

IMO Silva, Havertz, Pulisic and Werner shouldn't travel and rest instead for the game against Burnley.

Edited by reparto corse

Can’t underestimate anyone in the champions league. However, we should rotate a few players 

Mendy 

james christensen rudiger Emerson 

kante kovacic 

Ziyech  Mount CHO

tammy 

8 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Until we get a proper DM, we're going to have to ditch the back four and go for a back 3. Rotation is important but so is match-fitness:

image.png.c3a444c196bdfaf41c039d276018a3d8.png

Why didn't the board prioritise a good DM at the summer. Was it that they didn't know the team need it? This is such a shame. We go a whole season playing sh*t, because it's so annoying, we buy those players and we didn't get a good DM. What is the engine of a team? Is it not the DM, it's as if we don't have a team. Nobody to drive the team. Thus, the team is dead.

Edited by hephzibah
9 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Until we get a proper DM, we're going to have to ditch the back four and go for a back 3. Rotation is important but so is match-fitness:

image.png.c3a444c196bdfaf41c039d276018a3d8.png

I don't think we need to go with a back 3 because in my view personnel is the issue & not the formation, for example you change Mendy for Kepa and we lose the game on the weekend in similar fashion to our previous visit to Old Trafford.

We've played Mendy and Silva together in 3 games now and that has resulted in 3 clean sheets and I don't think that is a coincidence, the only reason Frank opted for a back 3 is because he thought Ole will go with the same setup as he did against PSG and hit us on the break. Surprisingly United did not go with the wingback system and we started well in the first half therefore there was no reason to revert formations to a back 4 for Frank.

Moving forward I think in specific games we can opt for the 3 back system such as against Spurs and Wolves but overall we need to stick with the 4-2-3-1 that Lampard has preferred so far this season, by playing 3 at the back we lose too much in attack.

48 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Why didn't the board prioritise a good DM at the summer. Was it that they didn't know the team need it? This is such a shame. We go a whole season playing sh*t, because it's so annoying, we buy those players and we didn't get a good DM. What is the engine of a team? Is it not the DM, it's as if we don't have a team. Nobody to drive the team. Thus, the team is dead.

Because we didn't need to. Getting new wingers and attackers, along with a new LB and keeper was the priority. Our DMs played fine last season, one of them was our POTY...

I imagine we will see some rotation at the back end to an extent. Probably see a CB pairing of Zouma and Christensen and Azpi at RB and Chilwell at LB. If you are wanting to give Chilwell a rest, I would put Azpi at LB and start Reece. I think we will see Ziyech and CHO from the start as well. Here's my team:

Mendy

Azpi Christensen Zouma Chilwell

Kova Kante Mount

Ziyech Tammy CHO

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Because we didn't need to. Getting new wingers and attackers, along with a new LB and keeper was the priority. Our DMs played fine last season, one of them was our POTY...

Funny, those ones are the ones you call priority, then why couldn't we play 4231 at the weekend, that we had to play five at the back. If your DMs could protect the defense, would we have played five at the back, we've got top full backs, top central defenders, why were we playing five at the back If your DMs were good enough.

Who were we planning on crossing the ball to from the flanks, is it Werner that will score with his head? I mean what style did we play at the weekend?

just look at ManU, they had Mctominay and Fred, so they didn't have to use five at the back. And this is just what I'm saying. With good DMs, you control a game, you will be in control of a game. I don't know if you guys don't want us to be controlling games. 

we need to be controlling matches so that we can see the best of Havertz, Ziyech, Werner and Pulisic. It will be so bad if we don't see the best of those guys.

This game been played dont quite sit right with me ,infact all Champions league games should be called off as we know it due to this cov 19 thats still floating about . Worse case situation for CFC >. Mendy comes back and has the virus  so he as to self isolate for 2 weeks and miss XXX amount of prem games > to which Frank will play kepa and CFC then take backwards steps due to loss of points because kepa still cant catch a cold . 

instead of the group stage CL just go to straight knockout games played on the one night and penaltys if needs be ,and keepthe straight knockout set up throu to the final .

i think it will be touch and go if the premeirship season is not stopped ,but why add to that risk with CL set up as it stands today > simple answer the greedy barstewards at UEFA still want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ due to TV coverage .

lets be honest non of us would book a holiday to this backwater of Russia due to all and sundry not trusting the cov id controll in that neck of the Woods  ,UEFA would never have a meeting their for same reason but are happy to send a squad of players out there and fingers crossed with toes and eyes that all players return cov ID Free .

14 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Funny, those ones are the ones you call priority, then why couldn't we play 4231 at the weekend, that we had to play five at the back. If your DMs could protect the defense, would we have played five at the back, we've got top full backs, top central defenders, why were we playing five at the back If your DMs were good enough.

Who were we planning on crossing the ball to from the flanks, is it Werner that will score with his head? I mean what style did we play at the weekend?

just look at ManU, they had Mctominay and Fred, so they didn't have to use five at the back. And this is just what I'm saying. With good DMs, you control a game, you will be in control of a game. I don't know if you guys don't want us to be controlling games. 

we need to be controlling matches so that we can see the best of Havertz, Ziyech, Werner and Pulisic. It will be so bad if we don't see the best of those guys.

We played away against Man Utd. that has been in a much better form than us so we simply wanted to make sure that we don't lose by a simple counter attack.

That was the first time this season that we didn't play with 2 CBs in a 4 backline this season, we played our opponent tactically and we got a point out of it.

Our DMs do protect the defense but nobody can protect Kepa and Christensen, not even *enter your own personal best DM here*.

We "controlled" the game against Man Utd. last season when Emerson hit the bar and when DeGea saved our 2 clear-cut chances and we still lost 4:0... 

Sevilla is a much harder opponent than Man Utd. and we played 4231 there, so we have shown time and time again that we can compete with the best, with our current DMs. Thus, it wasn't our priority to sign a DM and we didn't sign any new DM but still spent 200m...

Edited by Gol15
10 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

We need to get one or two solid DMs ASAP. In January preferably, because I don't know if we can still get one more year from Thiago Silva after this year and I don't want  us to waste him this whole year, I want us to win something with him this year, but I don't think we can win something with this team this year except we get good DMs in January.