FK Krasnodar v Chelsea (CL) Wed 28th Oct 2020 17:55 GMT

26 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

This game been played dont quite sit right with me ,infact all Champions league games should be called off as we know it due to this cov 19 thats still floating about . Worse case situation for CFC >. Mendy comes back and has the virus  so he as to self isolate for 2 weeks and miss XXX amount of prem games > to which Frank will play kepa and CFC then take backwards steps due to loss of points because kepa still cant catch a cold . 

instead of the group stage CL just go to straight knockout games played on the one night and penaltys if needs be ,and keepthe straight knockout set up throu to the final .

i think it will be touch and go if the premeirship season is not stopped ,but why add to that risk with CL set up as it stands today > simple answer the greedy barstewards at UEFA still want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ due to TV coverage .

lets be honest non of us would book a holiday to this backwater of Russia due to all and sundry not trusting the cov id controll in that neck of the Woods  ,UEFA would never have a meeting their for same reason but are happy to send a squad of players out there and fingers crossed with toes and eyes that all players return cov ID Free .

lol

28 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

We played away against Man Utd. that has been in a much better form than us so we simply wanted to make sure that we don't lose by a simple counter attack.

That was the first time this season that we didn't play with 2 CBs in a 4 backline this season, we played our opponent tactically and we got a point out of it.

Our DMs do protect the defense but nobody can protect Kepa and Christensen, not even *enter your own personal best DM here*.

We "controlled" the game against Man Utd. last season when Emerson hit the bar and when DeGea saved our 2 clear-cut chances and we still lost 4:0... 

Sevilla is a much harder opponent than Man Utd. and we played 4231 there, so we have shown time and time again that we can compete with the best, with our current DMs. Thus, it wasn't our priority to sign a DM and we didn't sign any new DM but still spent 200m..

My dear, I'm telling you what will make us win football matches, we are not planning on spending 200m to draw football matches, we want to be winning football matches. U need to understand the basic things in football. The way we set up, was it to win that match?

I want us to really be strong in attack, and to be strong in attack, we have to be playing 4231. But we need a very solid pivot, very solid DMs, so that we can be strong at the back at thesame time that we are strong in attack with that formation 4231.

Edited by hephzibah
Just now, hephzibah said:

My dear, I'm telling you what will make us win football matches, we are not planning on spending 200m to draw football matches, we want to be winning football matches. U need to understand the basic things in football. The way we set up, was it to win that match?

I want us to really be strong in attack, and to be strong in attack, we have to be playing 4231. But if you are concerned about the defense, we need a very solid pivot, very solid DMs, so that we can be strong at the back with four defenders at thesame time that we are strong in attack with that formation 4231.

45 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

I want us to really be strong in attack, and to be strong in attack, we have to be playing 4231. But we need a very solid pivot, very solid DMs, so that we can be strong at the back at thesame time that we are strong in attack with that formation 4231.

We didn't lose either, maybe you should remember that all good things take time because it's not enough to just throw in a couple of new players. They need time together and to get used to everything as well, our deep midfield is solid we have Kovacic that runs with the ball maybe the best and Jorginho that is one of the best deep lying playmakers out there. Our problems were not really in the midfield anyway most of the time...

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

We didn't lose either, maybe you should remember that all good things take time because it's not enough to just throw in a couple of new players. They need time together and to get used to everything as well, our deep midfield is solid we have Kovacic that runs with the ball maybe the best and Jorginho that is one of the best deep lying playmakers out there. Our problems were not really in the midfield anyway most of the time...

Midfield was not our problem? So what was our problem? Defense or attack? When we brought Kovacic, and he played with Jorginho and Kante in the midfield, was he a DM? This one that people are saying we should play him in the pivot, is he a DM? You can see the team using him there when we had problems, no player to play that position, no DM, so we will not leave that position empty, we put someone there. But if you are intelligent enough, you should know the profile of the player that should be playing that position. Not a player that played the position when the team was going through a crisis. 

You should remember how we got to this state where we are, this is the premier league, I don't think it is easy to play a playmaker in that hole in front of the defense the way we are playing Jorginho there at the moment, who will protect the defense? I think that was Sarri's style but I don't think it can work in the Premier league.

You should know how we started using Jorginho there. We had Matic, but I think the club was trying to get a youth that can still serve the club longer , we got Bakayoko, we allowed Matic to go. We should not have allowed Matic to go, at least it is not a crime to have  three DMs in the team for rotation. Bakayoko should have come to pair with Kante, But Bakayoko flopped. Again I think we got Drinkwater, again he flopped. So u need to understand that we should be using two DMs in the midfield.

It was later that Jorginho came, but we are saying that that style of Jorginho does not work in the premier league, we should use two DMs with a lovely AM like Havertz in front of them. Do you want us to be playing Barcelona's style, maybe you will keep saying that the team needs time until we are beaten 8-2.

We need a solid defensive midfield? Don't you love Havertz? Put two solid DMs behind him, two powerful players, like Mctominay and Fred, then u will see a good attack. 

2 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Midfield was not our problem? So what was our problem? Defense or attack? When we brought Kovacic, and he played with Jorginho and Kante in the midfield, was he a DM? This one that people are saying we should play him in the pivot, is he a DM? You can see the team using him there when we had problems, no player to play that position, no DM, so we will not leave that position empty, we put someone there. But if you are intelligent enough, you should know the profile of the player that should be playing that position. Not a player that played the position when the team was going through a crisis. 

-Our problems last season were our bad defending and also poor finishing in attack!

-Kovacic has been a DM, he won the POTY as the deep midfielder, so is Jorginho but with a special role. Kante on the other hand isn't, he's a box-to-box midfielder, or a ball-winning midfielder.

2 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

You should remember how we got to this state where we are, this is the premier league, I don't think it is easy to play a playmaker in that hole in front of the defense the way we are playing Jorginho there at the moment, who will protect the defense? I think that was Sarri's style but I don't think it can work in the Premier league.

You should know how we started using Jorginho there. We had Matic, but I think the club was trying to get a youth that can still serve the club longer , we got Bakayoko, we allowed Matic to go. We should not have allowed Matic to go, at least it is not a crime to have  three DMs in the team for rotation. Bakayoko should have come to pair with Kante, But Bakayoko flopped. Again I think we got Drinkwater, again he flopped. So u need to understand that we should be using two DMs in the midfield.

It was later that Jorginho came, but we are saying that that style of Jorginho does not work in the premier league, we should use two DMs with a lovely AM like Havertz in front of them. Do you want us to be playing Barcelona's style, maybe you will keep saying that the team needs time until we are beaten 8-2.

We need a solid defensive midfield? Don't you love Havertz? Put two solid DMs behind him, two powerful players, like Mctominay and Fred, then u will see a good attack. 

-Bakayoko has been a big flop of a signing, one of the worst in recent years sadly so I can only agree with you.

-Matic wanted to leave because of Mourinho but we did get 40m for that transfer at the time which I consider a good business.

-Regarding Jorginho, he does "work" in the PL, he has been working for 3 seasons now, end of story! Nobody can prove to me that he isn't working, he is doing his role pretty fine, Jorginho IS one of the best deep-lying playmakers aka "registas" out there, if we only had a better defense and a proper striker while Hazard was here we would have been challenging the top 2 teams!

-Fred sucks man, Mctominay will get blown away by Gilmour anyway, cmon they had Pogba and Matic and got blown away 6:1 by Spurs, we haven't lost a game that heavily in a while!

35 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

-Our problems last season were our bad defending and also poor finishing in attack!

-Kovacic has been a DM, he won the POTY as the deep midfielder, so is Jorginho but with a special role. Kante on the other hand isn't, he's a box-to-box midfielder, or a ball-winning midfielder.

-Bakayoko has been a big flop of a signing, one of the worst in recent years sadly so I can only agree with you.

-Matic wanted to leave because of Mourinho but we did get 40m for that transfer at the time which I consider a good business.

-Regarding Jorginho, he does "work" in the PL, he has been working for 3 seasons now, end of story! Nobody can prove to me that he isn't working, he is doing his role pretty fine, Jorginho IS one of the best deep-lying playmakers aka "registas" out there, if we only had a better defense and a proper striker while Hazard was here we would have been challenging the top 2 teams!

-Fred sucks man, Mctominay will get blown away by Gilmour anyway, cmon they had Pogba and Matic and got blown away 6:1 by Spurs, we haven't lost a game that heavily in a while!

Why were they beaten 6-1 by spurs, they were being beaten 2-1 by spurs, and the match was still very much a contest, I think in the first half, and they were given a soft red card and you are using that to analyse Mctominay and Fred. You watch the two of them against us and you don't see that they are good. 

4 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Why were they beaten 6-1 by spurs, they were being beaten 2-1 by spurs, and the match was still very much a contest, I think in the first half, and they were given a soft red card and you are using that to analyse Mctominay and Fred. You watch the two of them against us and you don't see that they are good. 

True, the red card did change the game...

Early kickoff. Nice! Champions league weeks are hard. I always lose sleep these weeks when the matches end at midnight. 

I'd go with 

Mendy

Azpi-Rudiger-Zouma-Emerson

Jorginho-Kovacic

Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic 

Tammy