FK Krasnodar v Chelsea (CL) Wed 28th Oct 2020 17:55 GMT

The midfield of Kante Havertz and Mount has changed us the game for good. Much more attacking threat, better forward possession, much more movement and quality.

Great and important victory, another clean sheet and big win with four goals. 

It's just incredible how one GK can upgrade our defence, we finally can defend and be ready for counter attacks. 

From here we have to go all the way up, COME ON CHELS!!!!

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

They played much better after the first goal. They were creating chances before Lampard made the changes.

Not sure they were any better after the first goal, but the subs definitely did have an impact.

Thank god we have a good squad now... This time last year it would have been the likes of Willian coming off for Pedro

Another clean sheet

We made this game harder than it should have been, getting balance in our midfield is going to be the key to solving this

Dodgy handball to help us on our way, we'll take it...Germans know how to take a penalty

Our 13th different scorer this season, thats impressive

Rudiger was steady on his return

Ziyech improved sharpness as the match progressed

Mendy like big in the nets, commanding

Important win

Looking at Barcelona kit ,Nike must be having a laugh. Our kit is total sh*te

Edited by charierre

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

Looked so boring and predictable until Jorginho went off. Midfield of Kante, Mount and Havertz is our best option.

I'm hoping Lampard wasn't just subbing players out to keep them fresh, I'm hoping it was an actual tactical change and something he will be looking at in the future. I think there could be something in that midfield 3 if we give it a try.

1 minute ago, carrickblue said:

Mendy seems to have transformed the defence - he seems to be really vocal and commanding, maybe that's 80% of what we needed

Our defence was horrific today. Not sure what game you watched. Mendy had a great game regardless. 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

I'm hoping Lampard wasn't just subbing players out to keep them fresh, I'm hoping it was an actual tactical change and something he will be looking at in the future. I think there could be something in that midfield 3 if we give it a try.

in the mini run we had just before the lock down we did play a midfield 3 with gilmour and kante.. also played our best football of the season then but it stopped working after the lockdown so lets c... i think he will settle into this formation.. but that would mean no more Jorginho..