FK Krasnodar v Chelsea (CL) Wed 28th Oct 2020 17:55 GMT

First of Mendy looks most assured and has 4 clean sheets out of 5. Would be 5 from 5 bar Emersons brainfart.

Secondly the pen we scored from was never a pen for me, I would be very unhappy had that gone against us. That changed the game as they gave up at that point and allowed us to run through them.

Their goal keeper was terrible. Enough said.

Flattering scoreline in the end.

7 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

To be fair he had a point. They had 3 starters injured and one isolating because of the coronavirus. They were a good match for Rennes and Honestly the 4-0 scoreline flattered us , lets not forget that they hit the crossbar with the score 1-0 and we scored 3 goals in the last 15 minutes. Great victory for us though.

Up the Chels

Yeah but my original post said along the lines of I don't want to underestimate the but we need to win 4-0 or 5-0 because I think the GD could be important and a big win could give us confident and then he shot me down like I'm some kinda idiot thinking we going to kick their arses so I thought winning 4-0 and missing a pen so could of been 5-0 was the perfect opportunity to shoot back at him. Yes the scoreline flattered us but we kept the clean sheet, mendly made a few decent saves and our defence largely kept them to half chances, and we put 4 away at the other end so a good performance I think. Yet this reparto dick is still going on like we played sh*t 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 hours ago, coco said:

Despite Napoleon and Hitlers efforts, Russian is not in Europe, so i still don't understand why their teams play in the European competitions, especially after invading Ukraine and trying to poison half of Salisbury.

On this logic wouldn't that mean that next year we wouldn't be able to play in CL?

5 hours ago, The Brit said:

Jorginho and Kovacic just aren't good enough. It's just an important an area to fix in the market as the back has been. Provide no physical presence in there and neither pass the ball well enough. Have their moments at times but they're not the kind of players you win titles or Champions Leagues with. 

Now you've done it. Prepare for 3 pages of bollocks.

3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

On this logic wouldn't that mean that next year we wouldn't be able to play in CL?

Malta,

It’s the UEFA Champions League - Union of European Football Associations, not EUFA - European Union Champions League, so although we are ‘leaving’ Europe politically, geographical we remain.

However, if Australia can ‘qualify’ for the Eurovision Song Contest, who knows what may happen ?!!

20 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Malta,

It’s the UEFA Champions League - Union of European Football Associations, not EUFA - European Union Champions League, so although we are ‘leaving’ Europe politically, geographical we remain.

However, if Australia can ‘qualify’ for the Eurovision Song Contest, who knows what may happen ?!!

We are going to win it one of these years, Eurovision I mean. 

35 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Malta,

Don't let him know about Kazakhstan or Israel. 

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

ElclzN5XUCQKRuK?format=jpg&name=large

It's a funny old world, MSM media was talking about body bags being left everywhere before the match because of the virus yet even Abramovich was sitting there with his face mask on. 

They didn't seem bothered, perhaps their parents or grandparents will be impacted.

15 minutes ago, coco said:

Krasnodar had tired by then and were not chasing the ball down like they were earlier in the game, so i don't think we can read too much into that.

Yes and they basically gave up once we got the 2-0. Not sure why people suddenly think we have found some sort of magical recipe. 

See, we were 3-0 down against Westbrom, we changed to this style. We drew 3-3. I feel Lampard should know that that is the style that can work for this team. After that match, I don't think he continued to use this style. My question is why?
When you see a style that will work, you should stick to it. Let's continue to use this Kante, Mount and Havertz combination in midfield. I feel it will give us a lot of attackers up front, we could be really devastating up front with Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic and Werner.
And I think Kante, the back four preferably with James, not Aspi, and Mendy will be okay for us for the defensive aspect of our game. I feel Jorginho and Kovacic are really giving the back four problem, I feel they are not comfortable in front of that back four.
With Kante alone as DM and Mendy in goal, we may not really conceed much, and Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic and Werner may really give us a lot of chances to score upfront.

16 hours ago, 2211 said:

Great result in the end.

Looked so much better after the subs, just having  Kante and Mount playing on the half turn made such a difference, it meant we moved the ball forward quicker.

Why do so many of our players just pass straight back when receiving the ball?

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

It's a funny old world, MSM media was talking about body bags being left everywhere before the match because of the virus yet even Abramovich was sitting there with his face mask on. 

They didn't seem bothered, perhaps their parents or grandparents will be impacted.

Not sure about the body bags though, sounds very dramatic...

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Not sure about the body bags though, sounds very dramatic...

Yes they were questioning Frank arriving a day earlier in Russia because of the virus risk another variation of project fear.

Of course if half the team pull out against Burnley, I'll concede they have a point.