Burnley v Chelsea (PL) Sat 31st Oct 2020 15:00 GMT

I really hope that Lampard noticed how our team played the best football, with a strong defense and strong attack.

This is the lineup I'd like to see:

------------- Mendy -----------

James -- Thiago -- Zouma -- Chilwell

-------------- Kante --------------

--- Havertz ----------- Mount -------

Ziyech -------- Werner --------- Pulisic

I'm so confident in this team, I think from our game against Krasnodar we will raise our level of football. 

Must win for us, COME ON CHELS!!!

4 hours ago, Jezq8 said:

Could be a very tricky game this. They were unlucky to lose to spurs at home, I would like to see something like this 

mendy 

james silva zouma chilly

havertz kante Mount 

ziyech Werner pulisic 

This is what I want see too.  Pulisic and Ziyech need to see more of the ball and the 433 accomplishes that. 

Up the chels! 

I’d play the 4-3-3 from the get go with most of the players that finished the CL match, as stated above this fixture presents a major hurdle that lot are oversized well marshaled and aggressive, not a match for bottlers. But if the team keep a clean sheet one is all that’s needed a la Spuds.

Edited by General

Admittedly I haven't seen Burnley yet this season, but judging by their average per-game possession rate (around 45% - within a percentage point of last season) they are using roughly the same playing style as last season. If that is the case, I'm not sure it really makes sense to start Werner.

Mendy

James - Silva - Zouma - Chilwell

Kante 

Havertz - Mount 

Ziyech - Werner - Pulisic 

6 - 0 Chelsea courtesy of a double hat-trick of own goals by Ashley Barnes. Namanja Matic stood on the sidelines slow claps each of the goals before being allowed to personally send Barnes off due to a late intervention from VAR as they review the "tackle" from 2015.

21 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Banana skin. We all know what we are like with teams on a terrible run of form. They play for their lives and we underestimate them because of their position.

I make you right , I think that’s partially what happened v WBA , thought we just had to turn up for the 3 points.

18 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think apart from Spurs front men we are better than them yet agree this is still a potential banana skin.

I think against Burnley you need strong types that won't lose their cool if someone fouls them as there will be a lot of 50/50 challenges.

Think you are right, we will need to be prepared to go toe to toe with them all over the pitch - without getting cards of any colour - but especially in midfield , can’t get bossed in that area.

There are some big units in their defensive lineup, so Pulisic and co need to draw the fouls and take advantage of the speed we have up front - any penalties have to be taken by Werner IMO , irrespective of Jorginho being on the pitch.

I feel like with Ziyech returning to fitness and starting in Russia has brought some nice balance to the squad. I was watching the match yesterday and I was actually marveling at home many natural left footed footballers we now have. Marcus Alonso, Emerson, Ziyech, Werner, Havertz... I think that is it but I could missing a couple. It seemed like only a few years ago we were desperate for a hefty lefty.

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Think you are right, we will need to be prepared to go toe to toe with them all over the pitch - without getting cards of any colour - but especially in midfield , can’t get bossed in that area.

There are some big units in their defensive lineup, so Pulisic and co need to draw the fouls and take advantage of the speed we have up front - any penalties have to be taken by Werner IMO , irrespective of Jorginho being on the pitch.

Most definitely.

Don't expect Jorginho to get any minutes against Burnley. Hopefully it will be the line-up ForeverCarefree has given above. Without doubt our strongest line-up right now.

16 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I feel like with Ziyech returning to fitness and starting in Russia has brought some nice balance to the squad. I was watching the match yesterday and I was actually marveling at home many natural left footed footballers we now have. Marcus Alonso, Emerson, Ziyech, Werner, Havertz... I think that is it but I could missing a couple. It seemed like only a few years ago we were desperate for a hefty lefty.

Werner is right footed mate... LOL

I thought Chilwell didn't have a particularly  good game midweek and might be in need of a rest especially with his injury.

I don't think Burnley is a game for Werner because they will park the bus and not leave space for Werner to get in behind . Will go for

Mendy

James        Silva                Zouma         Azpi

Kante

Havertz              Kovacic

Ziyech                 Abraham              Pulisic