Chelsea v Rennes (CL) Wed 4th Nov 2020 20:00 GMT

Not our finest performance but the result never really looked in any doubt when we got the first. Another clean sheet!! Incredible when you think of how the season started for us.

I also think it was interesting to see Anthony Barry talking to Rudiger before he came on, it’s worth acknowledging the difference he’s made to the defence as well.

Lovely jubbly, my superbru prediction fulfilled. When they went down to 10 then 3 nil I thought they’d be dead n buried but FairPlay they tested the subs and it got too open at the back, away day 🇫🇷 could be a tougher prospect. Now if Biden can just win !

Football is conspiring to ruin itself with ridiculous new laws

Clean sheet again. Mendy and Silva look assured

Midfield lacked the balance it had at weekend. Gaps were evident between the lines 

Resting players was a bonus tonight

Timo takes a penalty like the boss

One more win required for qualification

5 clean sheets in a row, since October 6 clean sheets in total. 

With a good keeper and reliable backline we are a real team, and just like I said last season, nobody can do the job of the backline they need to do their job and T.Silva and Chilwell simply made us a much better team. Zouma has been playing well too overall, even if he's still sometimes insecure with the ball when pressured.

Even when we're not perfect we have to win, 3 important points, 3 important goals for our strikers and another clean sheet!

That red card just killed Rennes, they looked lost but our subs brought them to the game somehow. Anyways, we need 2 more victories to secure our spot, seems like a very legit mission.

Well done boys, COME ON CHELS!!

Not surprised that changing 4/5 of our regular back 5 has made such a difference in our defence... Thiago Silva and Mendy have had the biggest impact, but Chilwell and James have equally been excellent.

We should really look to sell a bunch of these excess players and promote a young LB and CB to play behind these 2 if we are to rest one of them.

Can see why the pen was given as his arms were in an unnatural position, wouldn’t of given it myself but I’m not a referee, never a 2nd yellow though, I’m just happy Werner banged in the pen. To see some of our fans apologising about the decision on Twitter, I couldn’t give two sh*ts tbh, maybe some of us care too much about being liked these days, if we start getting absolutely detested again we’re doing something right. 

Nice easy win with so many positives, especially in defence. But I thought this match showed exactly what Havertz brings, the ability to link up, play intricate triangles between the lines, that very quick transition and very importantly keeps Kante playing a bit further back where he's most effective. Our attack can never be very effective when Kante is one of our advanced midfielders.