Chelsea v Sheff Utd (PL) Sat 7th Nov 2020 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

After going 1-0 down I was thinking this could be tricky. But we were at it again today. The team definitely seems to be connecting. And we are improving, still early days But we look good.

ziyech is really good at deliveries and Silva is a leads the defense so well.

CFC vs the Blades: 4-1

A comfortable win after a competitive first half.

I missed their goal making Dad a drink, disappointing to concede first and also miss keeping another clean sheet.

• The goal did not knock our confidence we continued to move the ball well.
  • The goal eventually came on 23m from Kova waiting to see James eyes before running into space and then knocking it back to Tammy to hit with a bouncing shot.
  • Ziyech’s far post cross finding Chilwell got us our second and we go into the break ahead.
  • Although playing well it was not until the 77th with Ziyechs cross finding Silva running into the box and scoring with a well judged glancing header over the keeper.
  • The fourth was scored by a Werner in 84th with a bit of luck by getting the ricocheted ball after challenges in midfield involving Kante.

Players:

• Mendy – reliable catching well and passing well.
  • Zouma was solid today and I didn’t spot any obvious errors.
  • Silva was good too, scoring a great goal and passing well. Think he lost possession just once.
  • Chilwell played well both defensively and offensively and took his goal well.
  • James played well with a good pass to set up the first and was strong on the ball. At one time looked like he was going to lose his composure following a very physical challenge by Sheffield yet won the freekick.
  • Kante, was impressive once again, he put in a good shift with well timed interceptions and even won a freekick in an offensive position. He passed the ball well today too.
  • Kovacic, good movement and lay off for the goal noticed he worked hard to give us the edge in midfield until going off.
  • Mount worked hard, had a decent shot the keeper tipped over and generally with Kova and Kante kept our moves going.
  • Ziyech played very well today and linked up well. He lost possession once or twice yet worked hard and had two assists.
  • Werner not his best game for me seemed to run into trouble at times and was moving into spaces on the pitch I did not expect. Took his goal well and hit the crossbar too.
  • Abraham worked hard, some times holding the ball well and other times losing possession. Took his goal well and a couple of other times noticed he was holding the ball with a couple of defenders behind yet could not lay the ball off well to set up another player.
  • Jorginho did ok coming for Kova.

Weird:

• Seeing Werner in the left back position in open play.
  • Seeing Kante move into the back three so Silva could move forward with the ball.

Frank: thought he might have brought on two subs on 84 after the fourth goal, both Giroud and CHO. As we know, Giroud came on yet surprised we did not see CHO too. Otherwise a good day for Frank and we jump Everton in the table.

Sucks that we couldn't keep a clean sheet but it was bound to happen.

Our goals were beautiful! Especially the Silva goal. Mindblowing how good Ziyech's wand was! 

Timo is developing a ruthless streak. He can be anonymous all game but the second he sniffs a chance, bang! Goal.

Chilwell developing into the next Ashley. Kova had a good game I thought.

1 hour ago, MayosNoun! said:

He’s played Havertz, Mount, Werner and now TAMMY at LW instead of him. 

Are you going to sit and clap, nod and approve that this is beneficial for CHO?

Im sorry , but I feel that you really do need to stop banging the drum that the ‘winger’ doesn’t get picked because there some agenda to victimise or that FL uses that position to accommodate favoured players and undermine someone’s confidence.

It’s pretty evident that the “winger” isn’t doing anything in training to pursued Frank to play him as a “winger” and as painful as it might be , rather than take to the pitch with 10 men, Frank chooses a non winger to play in that position - that’s pretty damming and tells the story imo.

You can write £10 on a piece of paper , but it don’t make it a £10 note.

2 hours ago, Jangz said:

Ziyech and Kante were amazing.. Mount put in a shift,, Tammy did well and Timo was electric at times.. i still believe there is another gear to this team..

I actually think we're in third, and our gearbox has six gears ... and then we can also flip the "sport mode" switch if we really need it  ?

Edited by Sexyfootball

Apart from the first 10 minutes, we controlled the game, never took the foot of the pedal, and didn't allow them to return a punch.  The conceded goal was sloppy, but every game you'd have isolated incidents like that, and the opposition took their chance. Other than that, they rarely troubled. I though Kovacic had a great time, never seen him run into space like that and delivered the good cross at the end of it. We were good at that stage, but not delivering the heavy punches, and Kovacic took it upon himself and delivered it. Ziyech is a special player, those balls he delivered were like rockets. Their GK was not a bad one, but he was under siege everytime Ziyech delivered the ball in. It's easy for the commentators to say GK should come out and command the box, but when delivery was that good, takes a brave and commanding GK to get hands on those. Werner is a top class finisher, and he never stopped running. He starts every game and rarely goes off, some engine there. Tammy took his goal well, and our defenders are chipping in this season too, think that's 5-6 league goals by now.

2 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

He’s played Havertz, Mount, Werner and now TAMMY at LW instead of him. 

Are you going to sit and clap, nod and approve that this is beneficial for CHO?

He broke covid rules....again. in the papers tomorrow, so maybe, just maybe its not the managers fault and is actually the fault of an idiot.

I’m rewatching the game and, who says we weren’t in control in the first 10 minutes? We were all over them until their goal, and Chilwell had a clear chance to score in the 5th minute from a cross. Only the keeper’s good positioning saved them. Then they had two consecutive corners and scored. That’s all from them. So I think we were controlling the game.

Edited by RMH

26 minutes ago, dkw said:

He broke covid rules....again. in the papers tomorrow, so maybe, just maybe its not the managers fault and is actually the fault of an idiot.

If true, that is not good, not good at all.  He just can't get out of his own way and focus.

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

I actually think we're in third, and our gearbox has six gears ... and then we can also flip the "sport mode" switch if we really need it  ?

Completely agree, although Silva will knock his back to comfort mode and let the boys have fun!