Chelsea v Sheff Utd (PL) Sat 7th Nov 2020 17:30 GMT

Blades are in free fall at the mo.

Had rotten fixtures so far. Already been to Liverpool and Arsenal as well as hosting City and Wolves.

Did themselves no favours by getting just 1 point against garbage teams like Fulham and Leeds though. 

They are struggling for goals, should be no charity from Mendy and co.

Mendy

James 

Zouma

Silva

Chilwell

Kante

Mount

Zyiech

CHO

Abraham

Werner

21 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Blades are in free fall at the mo.

Had rotten fixtures so far. Already been to Liverpool and Arsenal as well as hosting City and Wolves.

Did themselves no favours by getting just 1 point against garbage teams like Fulham and Leeds though. 

They are struggling for goals, should be no charity from Mendy and co.

Mendy

James 

Zouma

Silva

Chilwell

Kante

Mount

Zyiech

CHO

Abraham

Werner

What happened to Havertz?

3 points in this game would very likely see us move up the table, quite a lot of big games this weekend. Yet after champions league it’s always hard. Would you start cho over ziyech? Probably not. Kova over Jorginho? Maybe but frame seems to prefer Jorginho. Just to keep things fresh I’d likely make those two changes. 

Sheffield are one of the worst teams this season. In current form we got nothing to worry about, but still we need our best players to keep the momentum going. 

The only key players we're missing are Havertz and Pulisic, we're still strong enough to continue and play our positive football.

This is the lineup I'd like to see:

-------------------- Mendy ------------------

James ---- Zouma -------- Thiago Silva --- Chilwell

-------------------- Kante ----------------------

------- Ziyech --------------- Mount ------------

Werner ----------- Abraham ------------ Hudson Odoi

Against a top team I'd put Kovacic, but I think that midfield of Kante and Mount would be enough to stop Sheffield, plus having Ziyech as another backup.

3 important points to get before the International break, let's hope we will do the job. COME ON CHELS!!

6 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Sheffield are one of the worst teams this season. In current form we got nothing to worry about, but still we need our best players to keep the momentum going. 

The only key players we're missing are Havertz and Pulisic, we're still strong enough to continue and play our positive football.

This is the lineup I'd like to see:

-------------------- Mendy ------------------

James ---- Zouma -------- Thiago Silva --- Chilwell

-------------------- Kante ----------------------

------- Ziyech --------------- Mount ------------

Werner ----------- Abraham ------------ Hudson Odoi

Against a top team I'd put Kovacic, but I think that midfield of Kante and Mount would be enough to stop Sheffield, plus having Ziyech as another backup.

3 important points to get before the International break, let's hope we will do the job. COME ON CHELS!!

I'd put Odoi on the right and Werner on the left. 

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

This is the sort of game where we’d drop stupid points last season, hopefully that’s fully put to bed now!

One would hope so, but I can't see them remaining in a relegation position and sooner rather than later their form should pick up. They are still quite a resilient team and may prove tougher to break down than some are anticipating. 

Time to return the favour to what they did to us few months ago. They are rock bottom right now, although they were pretty difficult to crack when I watched City playing them last time. I'm confident with Werner, Ziyech in the team, the extra fire power we didn't have last season. Not taking anything for granted, but there's no excuse not winning this game comfortably.

They are doing pretty badly, so I expect them to turn up against us.

I would go for:

Mendy

Azpilicueta   Silva   Rudiger   Chilwell

Kovacic   Kante   Mount

Ziyech   Werner   Pulisic (if fit)

Mendy

James     Silva          Zouma       Chilwell

Kante

Ziyech            Mount

CHO       Abraham        Werner

I hate seeing Kante in that attacking role like we say against Rennes

35 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Mendy

James     Silva          Zouma       Chilwell

Kante

Kovacic            Mount

Ziyech      Werner.     CHO

I’d play this. 

We did well against Burnley, should probably try to replicate that. But no Havertz this time, so either CHO or Kovacic in his place instead. The only problem is, Kovacic doesn't get forward enough and likes to stay deep, so he might disrupt the ultra attacking offence. 

• coco changed the title to Chelsea v Sheff Utd (PL) Sat 7th Nov 2020 17:30 GMT