Newcastle v Chelsea (PL) Sat 21st Nov 2020 12:30 GMT

It looked like a training game for us! We completely dominated, probably should have won by 4 or 5 but any win right after the international break is a great win!! Glad that it allowed us to build up the form we had before the international break, I was worried it would break our stride. Hopefully midweek helps us to build that yet again!

Solid. All good imo and agree on the standouts. Tammy a strange choice for MOTM but I can see why they gave it to him. Only complaints: really should have put it beyond any doubt earlier; we seem to flow that little bit better with Silva in. 

Well worth getting up at 4am to have a butchers, great win at a ground in recent years where it’s been a struggle, early KO after internationals played without getting into top gear and a clean sheet, this imo is proof that SFL & Jodys masterplan is on track. Shame Temo didn’t get on the scoresheet but he’s done the assist running from his own half for Tammys and the second. All in all a great away day with tons of games left to enjoy.  Top o the league for a few hours let’s all get wasted ! 

Just now, Slojo said:

Emerson playing him on side... He can't even go 10 minutes without making a stupid mistake. 

He never looks interested enough and doesn't seem to be all that bothered with being 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice either. He just doesn't look like he cares.

Compare him to somebody like Giroud who has been fighting for his spot in the team since he joined the club and you will see a huge difference in determination. 

Good performance should have put away more chances, realistically should finish the day in second with city playing the spuds and Liverpool vs Leicester.

Most goals scored, I’d think best defensive record in the last 5 games, got momentum with us, looking good. 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

He never looks interested enough and doesn't seem to be all that bothered with being 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice either. He just doesn't look like he cares.

Compare him to somebody like Giroud who has been fighting for his spot in the team since he joined the club and you will see a huge difference in determination. 

What does he offer as a footballer? Is he even that fast? He screams average to me. Not sure if injuries have affected him or what but he I never like it when he's on the pitch. There was one moment there where we lost the ball and he was jogging back for it. 

First 30 thought we looked great, sharp yet patient. However despite the win I feel most would feel a little disappointed. We allowed them a few openings and once again were far far from being clinical. Same story for the past 12 months.

Plus points

kante and zouma were immense. Tammy scored and Mendy continuing to be an assured presence at the back.

Happy to have got through that potentially tricky game with the early kick off after the international break.

And a solid performance without Silva, so that’s a good sign.

Can now sit back and watch the rest of the weekend unfold.

Well done Chelsea!

Edited by 2211

Excellent result in a very very tricky game considering we usually struggle there, usually struggle in Saturday lunch time games and usually struggle in games after international breaks. This had the potential to f**k us tight up but we totally  dominated other than a sloppy 10 minute spell. In my opinion this is a huge result.

Streaming issues the first half and late to the match helping Dad out.

Saw the second half bar a couple of minutes.

Some outstanding play at times yet never looked safe until 90th minute for me.

• James around the 50th minute did superbly well to hold off two Newcastle players trying to take the ball off him.
  • Werner for the second goal his running was superb as he powered through the lines to provide an assist for Tammy.
  • Ziyech’s ball cross field to find Chilwell on the left who seemed in two minds between a volley and a cross.
  • We should have scored more yet Newcastle also were threatening yet miscued in front of goal.
  • Mendy looked like he played very well.

Nice to be top of the table for a couple of hours.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He knows he's second best and Italy is experiencing a transition between the previous generation and the next one and so far the Italian LBs are not  as good as Emerson is atm. 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

It was a decent performance, but I thought Newcastle were awful. Better end product and that was a 4-0 or 5-0 game for us.

We made them awful. Newcastle sit back and defend then counter attack, it's worked well enough for them for the last 5 years now. We didn't concede one key chance in the game, they were feeding off scraps. Meanwhile we broke them down more than enough but managed to get the win. 

I wouldn't sell the performance that short, it was a good performanec overall in a tricky fixture.