Hey all!

Been lurkin for a bit now, figured I’d give the intro a go and start posting.

Toronto, Canada is the home

Hockey is obviously what I grew up playing but soccer was always the second sport. 

First soccer game I watched was Chelsea and Ballack was on fire. Chelsea has been my team since. 

Loved watching Hazard progress through and become one of the greatest wingers in the game. I’ve been following passionately now for the past 5 years.

I must say the team this year as me absolutely ecstatic. So much talent brought in this past window and they are starting to bring it together. The team is one of the youngest in the league and already you can see something special is brewing.

My observations from reading here and Twitter (Apologies if I’m stirring the hornets nest but it needs to be said);

I think Lampard and Mount take way too much flack.

Lampard - I don’t think anyone expected Chels to be top 4 last year. Lampard really stabilized the team last year. He has a great partnership with Marina and they have done some fantastic recruiting together. These guys unanimously wanted to play for Frank. I think people go to hard on “tactics”. 

Mount - fantastic player, my favourite on the team and it’s because of his work rate. The kid is what? 21? I think people forget that he’s a kid and that he sees the crap people post about him on social media. The kid has worked his a** of to get here and there’s a reason why both his managers pick him every game.  Extremely versatile, makes runs to open space up for teammates, tracks back, presses vehemently, switches play beautifully. He’s not gonna be the best player on the pitch every night BUT HE’S 21! So much potential you can’t complain about him getting game time to improve.

All in all great players brought in on an already strong foundation. They just need time to gel. I’d be more than happy with a top 4 finish again. Lots of teams improved and a COVID season is unpredictable. Let’s all enjoy this fantastic club! 

Ok that’s all for now. Apologies for the rant I’ve have a few wobbly pops lol. Top to Bottom Chelsea FC is an exceptional team, one of the best in any sport IMO.

9 hours ago, Mouwry said:

First soccer game I watched was Chelsea and Ballack was on fire. Chelsea has been my team since. 

Was that when we beat Man Utd 2-1 when Lampard was injured by any chance? Think it would have been under Avram.

Welcome to the forum mate!

On 21/11/2020 at 08:33, PloKoon13 said:

Was that when we beat Man Utd 2-1 when Lampard was injured by any chance? Think it would have been under Avram.

Welcome to the forum mate!

I can’t remember which game it was now. I was probably only 12 or 13 at the time. Loved watching him play though.