Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Into the last 16

We started well but then decided to let them back into the game

Tammy led the line well tonight, Werner is looking a bit jaded

Mount again showed how good a player he is, great ball for the first goal

Giroud nabs a vital goal at the end with a great header

Now to win the group , looking like we may have to better the result in Seville

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Not the prettiest game, we had to dig deep, but it's a big win. Just need to go on and win the group now.

I don't know if winning the group matters that much any more, these days Barca, Real and PSG no longer always win their group and we can be lumped in with them all the same.

Just now, doctorblue said:

A regular Chelsea watcher will see how slow FL is at substitutions...and Werner off the boil? 

Whom do you sub werner for ? forget chelsea someone who follows football will know a  lot of managers do it.. Mourinho does it the most and even later.. unless he is trying to make a point. which lamps also did with GIlmour.. 

Most players have fitness levels to last 75 mins... so how is it wrong to make a sub after 67 mins?

Yes Werner was awfull but i think we dont have that left sided sub with Pulisic off.. 

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

I’m not sure BT are making out Sevilla winning is good for us. I would have preferred a draw or a Krasnador win. We would be likely to qualify anyway and it would give us a much better chance of winning the group.

If Krasnador lost they couldn’t catch us which guarantees qualification. 

2 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

4 full days between now and the next game. Hopefully the lads have the day off and they get a bit of a recharge. I don’t think Havertz will start after seeing his little cameo.

Don't think he will either against Tottenham. A little to prone to giving the ball away still and that could be disasterous against that lot. Kante, Kovacic and Mount form a very, very solid midfield for me.

Not a pretty game but three points away in the Champions League and we are through to the knock-out stages. No complaints whatsoever!