Chelsea v Spuds (PL) Sun 29th Nov 2020 16:30 GMT

Kane and Son have scored 85% of spuds away goals this season. You don't need to be Sherlcok to work out we need to stop them.

Kovacic, Kante, Mount, Chilwell, James are all busy in your face players with a good press, i would play all these 5 players and try to stifle Kane and Son.

Our defence has benefited from our high possession, so  I expect us to have most of the ball, maybe 55%, the more the better in this game.

12 minutes ago, coco said:

Kane and Son have scored 85% of spuds away goals this season. You don't need to be Sherlcok to work out we need to stop them.

Kovacic, Kante, Mount, Chilwell, James are all busy in your face players with a good press, i would play all these 5 players and try to stifle Kane and Son.

Our defence has benefited from our high possession, so  I expect us to have most of the ball, maybe 55%, the more the better in this game.

That is the one reason I don't see Spurs as title challengers as yet, they are heavily reliant upon Kane and Son and we are still awaiting the annual long term injury to Kane alongside the annual waterworks from Son.

Alternatively we've had 10+ different goal scorers this season in the league alone.

1 hour ago, coco said:

Key players to be sure. Though if Anthony Taylor is the ref he is by far their greatest assest.

Just seen Alderweireld is out, which is a big loss for them. Anyone got any idea who might come in? I wouldn't be surprised to see Mourinho switch to a 5-3-2 now. Either way, I think our Full Back/Wings back are better than theirs, so this should play into our hands. 

It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out, and if we've turned a corner. We will dominate the ball, so -- can we take our chances, and can we stop the counter?

I'm always nervous in big games, but if I were to (attempt to!) remove my bias and back a winner, I'd go for us. Think it'll be tight but we'll lead for most of the game then kill it close to the finish. 3-0/3-1.

Edited by Hessleboink

Also why should we be punished for Spurs playing at home on thursday by this being a sunday game? Virtually all our players could not train with us till thursday night/friday morning ahead of going to newcastle on the saturday for a 1230 game.

Is b*llsh*t when spurs will likely play B team players and dont have to travel at all that we get stuck with a sunday game and an incompetent biased ref, all the while VARchester United and LiVARpool continue to get helping hand after helping hand.

Edited by axman2526

14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Also why should we be punished for Spurs playing at home on thursday by this being a sunday game? Virtually all our players could not train with us till thursday night/friday morning ahead of going to newcastle on the saturday for a 1230 game.

Is b*llsh*t when spurs will likely play B team players and dont have to travel at all that we get stuck with a sunday game and an incompetent biased ref, all the while VARchester United and LiVARpool continue to get helping hand after helping hand.

We have a 48 hour adVARtage over spuds so calm down :wink:, and also why do you haVAR to include VAR eVARywhere. Iv'e had enough of VAR as well but you don't see me writing it down eVARy 5 minutes.

29 minutes ago, Hessleboink said:

Just seen Alderweireld is out, which is a big loss for them. Anyone got any idea who might come in? I wouldn't be surprised to see Mourinho switch to a 5-3-2 now. Either way, I think our Full Back/Wings back are better than theirs, so this should play into our hands. 

It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out, and if we've turned a corner. We will dominate the ball, so -- can we take our chances, and can we stop the counter?

I'm always nervous in big games, but if I were to (attempt to!) remove my bias and back a winner, I'd go for us. Think it'll be tight but we'll lead for most of the game then kill it close to the finish. 3-0/3-1.

Alderweireld will be a massive miss for them, he has been by far their best defender this season.

I guess Sanchez and Dier will be the CB Pairing, cannot see Mourinho changing the shape of the team especially considering he is limited for CB's. I think Mourinho will overplay his underdog card citing the 48 Hour advantage, Toby being out injured and the amount we've spent in the summer.

He needs to justify parking the bus so therefore he will be going into overdrive in downplaying the chances Spurs have in this game.

However with a defense which includes Aurier and Sanchez we should be able to put a few past them, it will come down to how we cope with Son and Kane on the counter. 

8 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

I’m interested to see whether Frank plays our own game and goes attacking with Kanté, Mount & Havertz or a bit more solid and Kanté, Kovacic & Mount/Havertz. Are we good enough to play the former? I’d quite like us to go for it personally. 

I was wondering more about if Frank would play 5 at the back for Spurs, don't think he will yet think they are favourites for this one despite our recent form.

I am nervous about this. Frank did the double over Jose last season and that must really hurt the bitter and twisted one. I worry that Spids will absorb what we throw at them and it will be interesting to see how far we have come and avoid falling for a Jose sucker punch. Expect mind games galore whilst Frank simply rises above it all. Personally I think Frank will be cautious, more so than some are anticipating. Not quite to the extent CFC were at Man Utd but not a million miles away. Of course he wants to win but he will do all he can to make sure he does not lose. 

Should be a good game. A 6 pointer and the most important test of our title credentials so far given that Liverpool came too early and manU was a non game. A draw wouldn’t surprise me and the obvious key is shutting Kane down in midfield something most teams struggle to do. 

‘I expect them to be defensive and we have to be careful when we lose the ball. 

I think we may have the beating of them if Werner is on song. 

havertz will have to earn his spot but will get some minutes. Rest of the team kind of picks itself now assuming James is  fit. Can’t see Pulisic getting many minutes. Him and cho represent two good attacking subs if needed. 

Wonder what team Jose will put out on Thursday. He will want to win the Europa but then again losing against Chelsea will hurt him badly.

I was nervous about the Spids game, but this is now passing into excitement. Should be a quite a game. Really wish I could be in the ground for this one, this current team of ours is starting to look like real quality.

KTBFFH – Come on Chelsea!

This would be my team at KO.

Supermend

James      Silva     Zouma     Chilwell

Kovacic    Kante

Mount

Ziyech           Abraham          Werner

If we need to chase goals later on......

Supermend

James      Silva     Zouma     Chilwell

Kante

Havertz      Mount

CHO           Abraham           Pulisic