Chelsea v Leeds (PL) Sat 5th Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

2 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Really? I thought of the midfield trio

.. Havertz was the one struggling 

Spot on. Mount as usual was everywhere and played well. The ball for Werner in the second half was incredible. Crucially he also actually did his job defensively which Havertz did not. Part of our issue first half was Kante having to pull across behind Havertz to cover leaving space in the centre.

Good move from Frank to bring Kovacic on when he did. Gave us more defensive stability to see the game out.

We know that COVID has longer term effects in terms of fatigue so I think it will take a while for Havertz to be back to full flight.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

They both were. Leeds were winning the battle in midfield and Mount and Havertz were giving it away too much. The only difference was that Mount was more invovled in the game, but he was still playing as poor at the time.

Mount had the benefit of having Werner closer to him, while at some moments during the first half there was nobody to support Havertz on the right flank. They both improved in the second half though and Mount got another assist from the corner.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Great win. We keep the run going!

Werners finishing is starting to worry me a littlebit and Havertz continue to disappoint which is unfortunate. Thought Kovacic showed he's very superior to Havertz in midfield currently when they switched. Really think Kovacic needs to be in the XI going forward and think that will be the case as well.

Totally agree. Kai has his work cut out displacing Kova as far as I’m concerned. As for the throughball to put Werner through, I’d point out to the “no end product... poor decision making “ etc crowd that he plays balls like that every match, but of course they only get noticed when there’s a goal on the end of them. 

Long time Leeds fan here. I've hated Chelsea for nigh on 50 years.

Have to hand it to your team today. Clearly the better side, particularly in the second half. Outclassed us on the wings and we had no answer for your set pieces. We were lucky not to concede more on the corners. First time I have ever seen anyone run us into the ground. Match fitness is an advantage we have enjoyed in every game under Bielsa until today. Just way too much time spent chasing the ball.

Well done. You will absolutely challenge for the title this year. You beat us in ways Citeh and Liverpool could not.

12 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Doesn't take away the fact that he's missing sitters. 

Happy with his performacnes for sure, but you can't keep missing chances like that. 

Yes you are right. But we are winning.  Missing sitters hurt so much more when we are dropping points. 

Edited by Browerkid

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Totally agree. Kai has his work cut out displacing Kova as far as I’m concerned. As for the throughball to put Werner through, I’d point out to the “no end product... poor decision making “ etc crowd that he plays balls like that every match, but of course they only get noticed when there’s a goal on the end of them. 

Kai was involved in our first goal, he also made an assist against Sevilla so don't count him off just because he lost the ball once or twice in the first half, he was actually playing deeper than Mount tonight and still managed to make a decent run, game was opened up because leeds were behind it's all about tactics.