Chelsea v Leeds (PL) Sat 5th Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

9 hours ago, Nibs said:

Another great positive not just today but this season is our corners. We are finally causing teams problems from corners on a regular basis and it is so good to see after all those seasons of not beating the first man!!

Indeed. I think we've scored 7 from corners this season, the most in the league. The second most is 3.

You'd think Willian no longer taking the corners might have something to do with it. :laugh2:

12 hours ago, Slojo said:

Liverpool had a fully fit team last season, as did numerous others. Our injury record goes a lot deeper than just this season. 

Are you seriously comparing this season where our injury record is well above average to last season? When players, managers, everyone have come out to say how uniquely taxing this season has been and how they have all been struggling with injuries? Please give me a benchmark this season... that ideal team in your eyes with fewer injuries than we have. Are you really not seeing the logic here?

2 hours ago, ashwin said:

At no point during the match did I feel that we were going to lose this. What an electrifying team we have.

I had that feeling too as though the touch paper has been lit and all the players are fired-up ready to compete for places.

I had three bets on yesterday, only one came in yet if Werner had left Giroud's effort alone I would have more than covered my bets.

2 hours ago, The Brit said:

Yeah I get that but felt like that doesn’t  stop Liverpool being shown first at every opportunity. 

But Liverpool weren't even playing yesterday, the first highlights shown last night were West Ham v Man Utd closely followed by us v Leeds. 😉 

I think I get your point though.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I had that feeling too as though the touch paper has been lit and all the players are fired-up ready to compete for places.

I had three bets on yesterday, only one came in yet if Werner had left Giroud's effort alone I would have more than covered my bets.

The more I've watched the replays the more I'm convinced Giroud's effort was going wide of the post. That still doesn't excuse Werner though, that was an unforgivable miss by any standard.

Lots of criticism of Werner for missing loads and he does, I believe that’s the sort of player he is and we have to accept that out of 10 opportunities he may only convert 2 or 3 - has anyone considered that this is something that FL also realises and that’s why he plays Werner out wide with a goal scoring centre forward like Giroud ? 

Let’s be honest, if our centre forward can get 20 + goals a season and our ‘wingers” chip in with a few, that can’t be so bad can it ? 

At least he puts himself in a position to ‘miss’ and they weren’t all “missed” their goalie pulled off a couple of decent stops, but the goal line clearance was just - ffs !!!!!! 

Also for someone who can’t or shouldn’t play as a winger, he did a f**king good impression of one when he set up Pulisic for his goal.

5 hours ago, ashwin said:

Are you seriously comparing this season where our injury record is well above average to last season? When players, managers, everyone have come out to say how uniquely taxing this season has been and how they have all been struggling with injuries? Please give me a benchmark this season... that ideal team in your eyes with fewer injuries than we have. Are you really not seeing the logic here?

Not every team is swarming with injuries. I'm just saying it's been an big issue for us for a while. 

3 hours ago, WeatherMan said:

But Liverpool weren't even playing yesterday, the first highlights shown last night were West Ham v Man Utd closely followed by us v Leeds. 😉 

I think I get your point though.

Yeah what I meant was if that was Liverpool, they’d have been first up. They even kept showing them first when the title was in the bag last season

14 hours ago, Paddy said:

Lots of criticism of Werner for missing loads and he does, I believe that’s the sort of player he is and we have to accept that out of 10 opportunities he may only convert 2 or 3 - has anyone considered that this is something that FL also realises and that’s why he plays Werner out wide with a goal scoring centre forward like Giroud ? 

Let’s be honest, if our centre forward can get 20 + goals a season and our ‘wingers” chip in with a few, that can’t be so bad can it ? 

At least he puts himself in a position to ‘miss’ and they weren’t all “missed” their goalie pulled off a couple of decent stops, but the goal line clearance was just - ffs !!!!!! 

Also for someone who can’t or shouldn’t play as a winger, he did a f**king good impression of one when he set up Pulisic for his goal.

I think the kindest thing that can be said is that it was an incredible goal line clearance!

Werner misses plenty. He'll also score plenty. The best and most effective forwards in world football for the last 20 years have been 'inefficient' players who take 4-5 shots a game and score just 1. The reason is that a player who creates chances for themselves is much harder to shut down than someone who relies on finishing the few chances they have. 

At the moment Werner is being a little too cute with his sidefoots and gentle placement, and really needs to get back to blasting them in like he normally does. Had he done that he would've ended up with a hattrick against Leeds and crocked their GK too.

Obviously a lot of good things going on. Have to give Mount a massive rap both overall and specifically in contender for cross of the season for the chance that Werner missed

second big rap is for Zouma in the air both defensively and especially for scoring already 4 goals  that is a big contribution   And they are no accident, smooth, controlled and powerful in the air  

third comment is that Havertz most likely has a huge improvement in him  he isn’t showing what we paid the money for yet, but that’s ok  it’s a long season and plenty of time for him to work up to peak  

On 06/12/2020 at 09:31, Gol15 said:

Key moment of the game, Kante makes a great run we win a corner and Mount delivers a great ball for the 4th PL goal of Zouma this season. This is why I might just change my mind and see Kante as the MoTM.

EogZSD0XUAEagnh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Thanks for posting this. An excellent photo. One of the best I’ve seen in a while. Captures the the spirit. 

8 hours ago, ozboy said:

Thanks for posting this. An excellent photo. One of the best I’ve seen in a while. Captures the the spirit. 

How did they even manage to do that? Great picture, they look as if they can fly out of the Bridge like christmas reindeer or Elliot and ET :laugh2: