Chelsea v FK Krasnodar (CL) Tues 8th Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

I swear to god, as soon as one of their player goes down he gives a free kick. That’s Tammy and Azpi both won clean headers and they’ve got a free kick from both and a booking for Azpi on the other. It’s embarrassing that the ref keeps falling for it.

That header at the end was clean as anything and the ref still gave a foul.

I thought that the whole issue with missing good chances was over but apparently we have had a whole lot of shots from inside the box that nobody scored from recently. 

Anyway happy for Gilmour, he's good, wish that attack where Havertz passed to Kovacic and then Kovacic to Billy that played a back-heel to Havertz was a goal...

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

Worst ref I’ve seen in ages, absolute donkey. Anyway, not great by any means and you can see why some of these aren’t playing. Gilmour stood out like a sore thumb, unbeaten in the group at least. 

Feel sorry for the poor bu88ers that have been locked out for 10 months, then paid over the odds to be one of the favoured 2,000 only to end being tortured with the load of sh!te served up tonight. That was painful in the extreme. I have genuinely seen better games in the Conference. Bit of an own goal for us as well if we had any hopes of offloading any of these donkeys in the window.

Good day for me, always difficult when you know you have qualified and so throw on the reserves.

Poor goal to concede and reinforces Mendy as first team keeper.

Nice to see Tino again, Gilmour still looks a talent though don't see him dislodging anyone yet, though if injures do occur that could well happen.

Winning the group is all you can ask for and Utd dropping into the Europa must give us the edge over them on making top four now.

6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Worst ref I’ve seen in ages, absolute donkey. Anyway, not great by any means and you can see why some of these aren’t playing. Gilmour stood out like a sore thumb, unbeaten in the group at least. 

I think the officials in Paris might be in for bigger criticism somehow...

3 minutes ago, Jangz said:

had enough chances to win.. Tammy and Havertz should have buried their chances.. Also AC still showing why he will never be a top EPL defender.. Lets his man go free too often and can never win a hear..

What a weird game to have a pop at Christensen, he played well and won a number of headers - in fact I’m sure he got hurt & needed treatment by winning a header 🤨

8 minutes ago, Jangz said:

had enough chances to win.. Tammy and Havertz should have buried their chances.. Also AC still showing why he will never be a top EPL defender.. Lets his man go free too often and can never win a hear..

Don't agree about AC... had an excellent game. And aside from Thiago Silva, he's our only defender who can smoothly stride out with the ball and pass through the lines. Still a great talent for me and I have hopes that he will improve considerably this season under some able guidance.

3 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Don't agree about AC... had an excellent game. And aside from Thiago Silva, he's our only defender who can smoothly stride out with the ball and pass through the lines. Still a great talent for me and I have hopes that he will improve considerably this season under some able guidance.

fair enough calling it as i saw it.. especially just before the goal .. completely left his man unmarked .. backing off further into the 6 yard box.. any further he is next to the keeper.. 

couple of more incident too.. if i get time will snipe and paste in the AC thread..

Yes he is good on the ball but defensively simply too weak for me..

Poor flat performance. Dead rubber aside noone (aside perhaps from Gilmour) really put their best foot forward. This was last year's Chelsea, makes me very happy we have improved a lot.

Still top of the group and hopefully an easy draw coming up. Even funnier United are in the Europa League where they belong.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Demba Ba lost it for no real reason if you ask me, some guy just wanted to identify who should get the card and that's all...

Funnily enough, there has been a way to identify footballers since the late 1930s - they have numbers on their back...

My bad, just saw that it was a member of the backroom staff - but still no need to describe him by the colour of his skin...

Edited by SaS
Mistake in original post
8 minutes ago, SaS said:

Funnily enough, there has been a way to identify footballers since the late 1930s - they have numbers on their back...

The problem is it wasn't a player it was the assistant coach of the turkish team who is a black person. When the 4th official was asked who the red card was for he said it was for the black guy on the bench. To be honest and diplomatic i can see it the problem from both perspectives. I can understand why Demba would be angry, especially with the whole Black lives Matter stuff going on but i can also see it from the referees perspective who was just trying to identify the person and since all the other members of the coach staff were white it would be (easier) to identify him as the black guy. It is like if it was a female assistant coach and he said he gave the red card to the woman. Not that i agree with what he did but i cant see it from both perspectives and i think it was just a lazy mode of communication and not Intended Racial abuse