Chelsea v FK Krasnodar (CL) Tues 8th Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

17 minutes ago, coco said:

3-0 utd losing

Best news of the night. 

Notwithstanding the meaningless fixture, there are so many fringe players on show here who you would think would be trying to put their best foot forward. There has been such a low level of intensity - no pressing, no effort to physically challenge opposition players and win the ball. At half time there isn't a single player on the pitch who you would say has pushed a claim to be a starter on the weekend. 

Decent performance, it's not a secret that our motivation is not that high in this game so far. I'm impressed with Gilmour, Tammy and Anjorin. 

Kova and Havertz have been good as well. I believe if we will push more we will score and win the game here.

I'd prefer not to lose here, finish the group without a loss would be a decent achievement.

COME ON CHELS!

13 minutes ago, evissy said:

What a shame in Paris. 4th ref said “the black guy” when indicating to the ref who should be booked on Istanbul’s bench. Istanbul Basaksehir walks off the pitch for racism. “Why you call him black man?!”, Istanbul players are literally furious. 🔴 #UCL #PSGIBFK

I just seen the video of Demba Ba arguing with the 4th official. From what I understand, when the ref was talking about any player that is white, he would say "this guy" but when he is talking about a black player, he would say "this black guy" 

If that is what has happened, then I think the players walking off was the right thing to do. 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Demba Ba lost it for no real reason if you ask me, some guy just wanted to identify who should get the card and that's all...

Apparently the 4th official or something said n*gro or something. I'm really not sure why, it could be another Suarez or Cavani incident with the different language terms but I'll have to see that officials nationality. Either way, all officials should know 22 men on the pitch, crazy how you have to refer to someone as "that black guy". 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Demba Ba lost it for no real reason if you ask me, some guy just wanted to identify who should get the card and that's all...

Apparently he identified him that way and in Romanian black is "Negru" which sounds like you know what. Could be a misunderstanding but refs are all mic'ed up so we'll know soon.

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Nah fella, Demba was spot on. If it was a white person skin colour wouldn’t have come in to it at all. Disgraceful and fair play to both clubs for walking off. That needed to happen a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Apparently the 4th official or something said n*gro or something. I'm really not sure why, it could be another Suarez or Cavani incident with the different language terms but I'll have to see that officials nationality. Either way, all officials should know 22 men on the pitch, crazy how you have to refer to someone as "that black guy". 

He obviously didn't know who Demba Ba was, I would be embarrassed...

1 minute ago, sonic90 said:

Apparently he identified him that way and in Romanian black is "Negru" which sounds like you know what. Could be a misunderstanding but refs are all mic'ed up so we'll know soon.

Still no need to bring the colour of his skin in to it though. Hiding behind being Romanian and it’s fine there, he’s representing UEFA. 

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Nah fella, Demba was spot on. If it was a white person skin colour wouldn’t have come in to it at all. Disgraceful and fair play to both clubs for walking off. That needed to happen a long time ago. 

Well I guess you're right, my mind went automatically to the US where cops regularly identify victims or suspects as in "middle aged latino" or "white male" or "black female" just for that purpose of identifying but I guess the US shouldn't be used as a standard anymore lol