Jump to content

Everton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 12th Dec 2020 20:00 GMT


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Everton were fantastic. They did the job containing us and trying to hit us on the counter, an excellent night for them.

It obviously hasn’t helped that we didn’t have any wingers available but it is what it is.

I don’t think we had a terrible performance, we just couldn’t break down a defence on a very good day.

We accept the loss and move on.

Good take 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

I don't know if wingers would of helped, every ball into the box was being dealt with well by their four CB's

I think proper wingers would have tested Holgate, to an extent, and especially Godfrey though. Everton were without full backs but we couldn't take full advantage because we were without wingers. Havertz cannot play wide and Werner is better through the middle.

As said earlier, I wonder if James should be pushed forward with Azpilicueta taking his place at RB but that would still leave question marks on the left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pob said:

I think proper wingers would have tested Holgate, to an extent, and especially Godfrey though. Everton were without full backs but we couldn't take full advantage because we were without wingers. Havertz cannot play wide and Werner is better through the middle.

As said earlier, I wonder if James should be pushed forward with Azpilicueta taking his place at RB but that would still leave question marks on the left.

I see what your saying but all I could see happening is one of our wingers taking it past one of their CBs lobbing it in the box and one of the other 3 CBs getting rid of it. Maybe someone like pulisic cutting inside  might of helped. I never criticize SFL but I think he left it far too late to bring Gilmour on. I think we needed him or Jorg singing balls over the top for Werner or Giroud to get on the end of and getting pickford 1 on 1

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

I don't know if wingers would of helped, every ball into the box was being dealt with well by their four CB's

The lack of wingers is why we relied so much on crosses imo. Chilwell and Reece, and mount and kovacic, would have had better people to play off of if we had wingers. As much as I love timo the only value he brings to the wing is his pace, he doesn’t have the awareness and vision to play off fullbacks the way Ziyech, pulisic or cho does. I don’t even need to mention Havertz since he offers very little as a winger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I don’t even need to mention Havertz

I thought Havertz was getting a lot of premature criticism on here  until tonight. Tonight I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong and agree that he is a load of sh*t. I think I'd rather catch an STD from a prostitute that needs the money to fund her cake eating habit then watch him again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

I thought Havertz was getting a lot of premature criticism on here  until tonight. Tonight I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong and agree that he is a load of sh*t. I think I'd rather catch an STD from a prostitute that needs the money to fund her cake eating habit then watch him again.

I want to see what Havertz can bring through the middle when he adapts to the PL and gains a bit of confidence. He certainly isn't a wide player and that's affecting his form.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton didn't play midweek and we did.

We had chances, James and Mount hit the posts.

Giroud and Werner had chances in the box yet mis-hit.

Everton do raise their game against and Carlo had a week to prepare. I felt they pressurized the most since the Saints played us.

2nd time in recent games Mendy has come out too soon, today it cost us.

This might be a fixture in future where away we need to put men behind he ball like we did against Utd.

I thought Kante, James were our best performers yet Mount and Kova did well on occasions too. 

 

 

Edited by Strider6003
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

I thought Havertz was getting a lot of premature criticism on here  until tonight. Tonight I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong and agree that he is a load of sh*t. I think I'd rather catch an STD from a prostitute that needs the money to fund her cake eating habit then watch him again.

Yeah, he wasn't good, but ffs no need to go into orbit about it mate

Link to post
Share on other sites

The level of toxicity in this thread is astounding. We lost and poorly at that but our wingers are out and Carlo played the best tactic he could against us. 

The immaturity of our team and manager cost us today but reading this thread, you'd have thought we lost 5-0 or something instead of 1-0 due to a mistake. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deino said:

The level of toxicity in this thread is astounding. We lost and poorly at that but our wingers are out and Carlo played the best tactic he could against us. 

The immaturity of our team and manager cost us today but reading this thread, you'd have thought we lost 5-0 or something instead of 1-0 due to a mistake. 

 

I guess it's down to concerns that we didn't really show up (though, despite this, still hit the post twice) and Frank was found wanting tactically when it wasn't working out. I would have almost preferred some experimentation (such as a switch to wing backs or pushing James forward to a more attacking position on the right), even if it meant we had lost 2-0 or 3-0 instead of just by one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Rising Sun said:

Yeah, he wasn't good, but ffs no need to go into orbit about it mate

Lost count of the amount of 5 yard passes he missed. Not good enough for premier league standards. I hope I'm wrong and over reacting  due to the amount of beer if consumed but I haven't  seen an individual performance that bad since David seamon vs Brazil in 2002. Maybe Bambi will grow but doesn't  look good by tonight's standards. There was a lot of mediocrity out there tonight but he took the biscuit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pob said:

I want to see what Havertz can bring through the middle when he adapts to the PL and gains a bit of confidence. He certainly isn't a wide player and that's affecting his form.

Who is he going to replace in the middle though? Mount, Kovacic or Kante, christ going by tonight's showing even Barkley or RLC would be better

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malta Blue said:

I thought Havertz was getting a lot of premature criticism on here  until tonight. Tonight I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong and agree that he is a load of sh*t. I think I'd rather catch an STD from a prostitute that needs the money to fund her cake eating habit then watch him again.

Someone is off their meds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m worried tbh. Having started off so well, Werner seems to be mirroring Morata’s time at Chelsea. I know he was out of position tonight but his performances of late are of concern. He’s playing in winning team so not sure why his confidence has nosedived. Also, playing him out wide doesn’t mean we are playing him as a winger - strikers such as Thierry Henry for example. Hazard in my opinion wasn’t a winger, he just used wide positions as his starting point.

Yes tonight was one of those nights but what disappoints me is that it was near identical to last season’s performance there. Surely we should have learnt something from that?

Edited by Petworth Chelsea Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites

I said before the game that this fixture is normally a good barometer of where we are at. I think it probably showed that we're not real title contenders at the moment, notwithstanding the injuries to all of our wide men.

Once again the lack of impetus to really get on the ball and take it by the scruff showed same as during the week. Only Kante and James really showed they wanted it and tried to take Everton on. The rest were harried and without time and space struggled.

I thought Carlo used Iwobi cleverly behind Chilwell to try and create an out ball and DCL is the first striker I have seen trouble Silva. 

Havertz in particular struggled with the pace, the COVID has really set him back. Ziyech can't come back soon enough in my book. We looked bereft of ideas without him.

Any onwards and upwards after perhaps a much needed reality check.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Petworth Chelsea Fan said:

I’m worried tbh. Having started off so well, Werner seems to be mirroring Morata’s time at Chelsea. I know he was out of position tonight but his performances of late are of concern. He’s playing in winning team so not sure why his confidence has nosedived. Also, playing him out wide doesn’t mean we are playing him as a winger - strikers such as Thierry Henry for example. Hazard in my opinion wasn’t a winger, he just used wide positions as his starting point.

Yes tonight was one of those nights but what disappoints me is that it was near identical to last season’s performance there. Surely we should have learnt something from that?

How was it even close to last season’s performance?

Taking us back to last season, we couldn’t defend to save our lives plus a terrible keeper. They beat us by a penalty and ensuring we don’t score, even though we came close a few times.

Honestly if we played this fixture last year we would have lost by more than 1 goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

How was it even close to last season’s performance?

Taking us back to last season, we couldn’t defend to save our lives plus a terrible keeper. They beat us by a penalty and ensuring we don’t score, even though we came close a few times.

Honestly if we played this fixture last year we would have lost by more than 1 goal.

Agree, it's absolute rubbish. 

We still smashed Everton despite missing 3 wingers for this game. They scored due to a stupid mistake from our goalkeeper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!