New winger?

dansubrosa

With the hectic fixture list and constant injuries, I think it’s pretty obvious we are in dire need of a winger.

Players such as Sancho won’t happen, we’ve spent enough we’re not going to go and drop another 100m in January. So, for a cheap signing who would you take?

Personally I wish we signed Benrahma. No idea how much West Ham paid for him but would have been handy for us.

Would Jermaine Boga cost a lot? I imagine he can be signed for about 20m perhaps and he’d be a decent back up for Pulisic.

Maybe if someone like Bernardeschi that is coming off the bench for Juventus mostly, would be interested... I mean, he's not a top player but fits for the role we would need.

Though, there is this guy called Jonathan Bamba, one of the top 5 wingers in France in the last months watch him scoring just recently here*:

24 years old, 5 goals 6 assists in 14 games so far, maybe reminds of Hazard just a tiny bit.

* Seems like the video won't play here but if you go to youtube that link works just fine.

Edited by Gol15

I must admit, I have no idea who would be available as I’ve not paid as much attention to other leagues this season, but if someone is available on loan in January that would probably be ideal.

Don’t think we need to go spending money on a winger on a permanent deal in January. If it weren’t for injuries, our wingers would be the brightest spot in our squad. Either hope the injuries don’t continue to occur or loan someone for 6 months, then invest further in the position in the summer.

I feel as though we need a PL proven winger who will come in and hit the ground running rather than requiring a year or 2 to settle. I think Adama Traore from Wolves if it is for a reasonable fee although I believe Wolves are pricing him at about £80m.

Mahrez from City also seems to have had a falling out with team mates would be worth a cheeky little bid, even Eze from Crystal Palace has been doing well but he still seems a little raw. 

Personally think all of the players you’ve mentioned would be too expensive @Imran_CFC. Mahrez won’t go for anything cheaper than 40 or 50m, considering what City have paid for him. Eze only just joined Palace so probably not available, I’m a fan though.

Bailey is a great suggestion, maybe he can be signed for around 30m? 

Bamba won’t come cheap, he got player of the month last month so I’d guess he’d cost 50m or more.

It would be fantastic if we can sign someone who’s not that well known but turned out to be a diamond, like Raphinha at Leeds. Great player.

I like Bailey but I feel as though players from outside the PL may take a little time to adjust to the league and if we are looking to get someone in January we would need them to have an immediate impact and therefore someone who is already in the PL may be a better option. Some of the names I mentioned above I agree may be out of our January Budget but we mainly need a back-up Winger someone who will be happy to play second fiddle, other names which come to mind:

Pedro Neto

Dwight Mcneil

Jarrod Bowen

16 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

With the hectic fixture list and constant injuries, I think it’s pretty obvious we are in dire need of a winger.

Players such as Sancho won’t happen, we’ve spent enough we’re not going to go and drop another 100m in January. So, for a cheap signing who would you take?

Personally I wish we signed Benrahma. No idea how much West Ham paid for him but would have been handy for us.

Would Jermaine Boga cost a lot? I imagine he can be signed for about 20m perhaps and he’d be a decent back up for Pulisic.

With the injuries to the current wide men, I was only thinking about Boga at the weekend. He was getting rave reviews last season and scored some great goals. Haven't we still got a buy-back clause on him? Would definitely consider a move for him in January window.

3 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I feel as though we need a PL proven winger who will come in and hit the ground running rather than requiring a year or 2 to settle. I think Adama Traore from Wolves if it is for a reasonable fee although I believe Wolves are pricing him at about £80m.

Mahrez from City also seems to have had a falling out with team mates would be worth a cheeky little bid, even Eze from Crystal Palace has been doing well but he still seems a little raw. 

Can you imagine the pure power we would have with James at RB and Adama at RW... Nobody would dare to put their body on that side, free lane :laugh2:

21 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

We need people who can slot in seamlessly without an adjusting period. 

I'd take any of the starting Wolves wingers and maybe even St-Maximin.

10 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Bamba won’t come cheap, he got player of the month last month so I’d guess he’d cost 50m or more.

Hey man I see on transfermarkt that guy Bamba, is worth like 20m euros that's nothing for a player these days even double as much is 35m pounds that's nothing.

Bamba is a cool name. We should get him. Bambaaa

• 1 month later...

On 19/01/2021 at 10:11, IliyaKrostin said:

Crazy to think that Hazard has been linked with Fenerbahce. 

Let's bring him back.

Wow, really?

I’ll be pissed off if he gets loaned out to Turkey. He’s so good, the most talented player ever at Chelsea.

Yeah perhaps he’s not the same player anymore, injuries caught up with him etc, but we take him on loan with option to buy and he rediscovers his form. We’re laughing.

I mean he knows the league well and spent his best years here... I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t rediscover his form here. Fantastic player.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ibtimes.com/transfer-rumors-chelsea-open-welcoming-back-injury-prone-hazard-stamford-bridge-3138335  

I'll maintain he says he wants to come back when he's done at Real. Marina and Abramovich love him we all do. I can honestly see this happening next year summer if not this. Real cannot afford another season of him flopping. Do we need him no although we are struggling to score atm....would we want him back ofc. Assuming we can keep him fit otherwise its the Robben/Ribery dynamic that Bayern had when he's fit wc but otherwise you get half a season at best

2 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

https://www.ibtimes.com/transfer-rumors-chelsea-open-welcoming-back-injury-prone-hazard-stamford-bridge-3138335  

I'll maintain he says he wants to come back when he's done at Real. Marina and Abramovich love him we all do. I can honestly see this happening next year summer if not this. Real cannot afford another season of him flopping. Do we need him no although we are struggling to score atm....would we want him back ofc. Assuming we can keep him fit otherwise its the Robben/Ribery dynamic that Bayern had when he's fit wc but otherwise you get half a season at best

There is that risk that he doesn't play well due to so many injuries, I wouldn't like his legendary status to diminish. Even so there should be a spot for Eden to come home if Tuchel is open to it, currently Pulisic and Ziyech are not contributing for whatever reason so it could be a win-win situation for next season.